Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

... And a marriage

This is the sequel from my small MOC A betrothal...

"The old ways are in exctinction close to everywhere in the five guilds of Historica, except in Avalonia.

The most popular of the old ways is the traditional marriage. During such a ceremony, the betrothed go to a special "wedding stone", who is placed on a special place. The exact reasons for a place to hold a wedding stone are know to only a few, but i think it has to be a place with a close contact to the elements, especially water and earth. The betrothed swear fealty to each other under the eyes of an elven priest, and, in the form of the stone, to Mother Earth or Gaia. After these oaths, both of the betrothed touch a so-called Mother Tree, who is always present near a wedding stone, and so get a feeling of the large web they are now a part of (it's probably from this tradition the Avalonians gain the reputation to be tree-huggers). Then the betrothed go home to feast, but they get the promise of the priest they can ever return to the Mother and ask her council."

Fragment from "The old ways", by Robin Nogarss

19437785562_41827e2174_z.jpg

19418025296_9dbb19d427_z.jpg

figless:

18823479703_21300df3c0_z.jpg

OOC: This is a quick MOC, to experiment with the SNOTted rock-technique i used in the Treaty of Relan's Creek. I wanted to see if i could round the corners, how high i could make it... And i made my first tree, and i'm quite happy with it! I know it's not a tranquil meadow, but i still like it. CC is very appreciated, and i'd like to receive UoP credit for Live in Avalonia. This was my last build in two weeks, right now i'm going on a holiday (needed, as you can see the inspiration was gone) I wish you all a good and funny holdiday!

19437788322_6de15cd313_z.jpg

I know it's not the best sand-castle, and i used the tree and river of the MOC, but i had to put this together very quickly

Edited by TitusV

Excellent build! The river is nice and I like the rockwork :thumbup:

Edit: forgot to say +1 UoP :wink:

Edited by LittleJohn

Nice work, especially on the rock base! I'd suggest though that you try having the water spill over the base to make it look a touch more natural. +1 for the UoP credit.

Nice build overall, but the best part is how you have credibly added to the lore of Historica and especially Avalonia! Great story!

I'm am sure the newly weeds will have a long and happy marriage and that it will bind Drond's Fields and the Trifork closer together! ;)

I really like the tradition with the tree! Fits very well into our mighty guild! The base with the rockwork is great!!

The photos could use some improvents, the first one is kind out of foucs

Edited by de Gothia

That's a cute little scene and the story is cool. I like the rocky base in particular but the rest of the landscape is nice too. It has a quiet tranquil feel about it... which is a good break from all the violence that's been going on here the last few months. And the vacation scene is quite appropriate as well. Nice work.