Hi! :classic:

Sometimes we can hear in different Lego communities, that it's an exciting activity to build out of our comfort zone. And it's completely true! Well, it's my second creation at this scale, but the first one, which is a model of a real vehicle. (My Johnny English Truck was a replica of the functions only.) I'm very curious, what you think about it.

The bus is a completely remote controlled 1:24 model. (length: 64 studs, width: 14 studs, height: 17 studs, approx 2050 elements) It's possible to drive it, to steer it, and to open and close the doors separately. You can find the technical detailes and a short text about Credo buses below, after the video.

Nowadays Credo buses are well-known in Hungary. They are produced by the Kravtex-Kühne group. At the beginning, the group used a Czech license, but the Econell 12 (presented at the end of 2011) is completely Hungarian development. I often travel by Credo buses between the place where I live and the university. Unfortunately, they are usually older types. But I have already travelled by the Econell 12, its very comfortable.

Picture of the real:

1435946572m_SPLASH.jpg

If you search on Google for Credo buses, you may notice, that the wheels look very small. Its the speciality of Kravtex-Kühne group, some of their buses are produced with smaller wheels, so they are lighter and they dont need so much gas. Big buses with small wheels looked a little bit strange, but I think the Econell 12 looks great with the big black mudguards/fenders.

I think the new front and rear panels with the black frames around the lights are fantastic, too.

Behind this link you can find a lot of pictures about the real Econell 12 and other Credo models, too. Choose option 'Galéria'!

And now pictures:

1435946651m_SPLASH.jpg1435946803m_SPLASH.jpg

The most tricky part of the bus was the front. It's only 3 stud long, but contains as many crazy building techniques as possible, and one more! :laugh: I'm really proud of it. I will show you later, how I built it. I think it's the minimum. :classic:

1435946735m_SPLASH.jpg1435946638m_SPLASH.jpg

Technical details:

The driving mechanism contains two L motors, both motors drive one axle and this axle drives the differential. I used a servo motor for the steering.

The doors are opened and closed by two M motors. The chassis is very long, but I had to put two holes in it, because the doors need space. Due to the holes it was impossible to find place for everything at this level. But there are a lot of space under the roof, so the really interesting things are under and around the air conditioner. The spinning of the motors is slowed down by worm screws. The 1x3 technic half liftarms convert the spinning to horizontal motion.

The video shows how it works, these pictures below show how it looks like.

1435946665m_SPLASH.jpg1435946679m_SPLASH.jpg

1435946690m_SPLASH.jpg1435946704m_SPLASH.jpg

More pictures on Mocpages, as always!

If you visit Hungary, don't forget to try to travel by old Ikarus buses and new Credo buses! Thanks for watching! :classic:

Edited by Gabor

Very nice! I like that you choose this smaller scale and still managed to fit all those functions inside. Quite impressive!

I visited Budapest 2 years ago. I can't remember what the buses looked like though, as there was so much else to see :grin:

Lovely bus... I would immediately build it when I had plenty of free time... ;)

And the opening doors... Like it! :***

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

The opening mechanism is ingenious. Great job. You capture the look on the spot, altough the rearview mirrors seem a little large.

I like the door opening mechanism a lot. Everything looks nicely concealed, and I think you have done a great job getting it to look like the real thing. Nice work :thumbup:

This is one great bus, I would definetly take it :laugh: To bad it has no seats :tongue: The door mechanism is very ingenious! Bodywork is very realistic! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your kind comments! :classic:

@Ludo Visser: Time to come again! :wink: Most of the Credo buses are in the country or in the smaller cities. Budapest, no-one knows, why, buys used buses from abroad, for example Mercedes, or Volvo.

Two bonus pictures:

22946451_160645a49b443dbfdafc3ddab72b02b2_m.jpg22946455_60c7d22c4179fe96e88f33ec39858c9d_m.jpg

Edited by Gabor

@Max: Yes, fat, because instead of doing some sports, he always drives the bus! :D

It wouldn't be good to make an interior. The real one is a low floor vehicle from the front to the rear door, but in the Lego version the chassis is high, so it's impossible to make a lifelike interior...

Edited by Gabor

Good things come to those who wait.....and that's Gabor in this case. A bit late, but still very Frontpage worthy. You did an outstanding job hiding all the functions in the bus. Very nice!

Excellent build, you did a great job capturing the shape and the functionality is over the top, especially those opening doors! :thumbup:

Fantastic! We need more buses and you're doing great ones, specially at this scale. I love the door mechanism, the way the doors open and get in feels pretty real.