Sign in to follow this  
mpoh98

[Moc] Robin Hood - The Merry Robber

Hello All!

Been a while since I posted here, I have been very busy as of late. But I am back to MOCing again, and can't wait to get back to into GoH and regular MOCing. :)

Here is my latest build, built for a collaboration for BrickWorld 2015.

Enjoy!

18788484724_89cf89f383_c.jpg

Robin Hood - The Merry Hunter

My contribution to the Brick-Time Stories Collaborative at BW 2015. One of two Robin Hood creations for the collaboration. Eight builders, including Max Pointner, Ian Spacek, Matthew Oh, Lee Muzzy, Daniel Church, Ben Merrill, and Casey McCoy each built a scene from a children's picture book or novel. The scenes were constructed on bases made to look like books, and were arranged into a veritable library of illustrations at the expo.

This creation portrays the classic Robin Hood robbery in the forest. I had tons of fun building this creation, I experimented with a very Mark Erickson style landscaping, and Erickson brothers' trees. :) Gotta love the Ericksons! :D

To make it more artistic, I shaped the landscape that is popping out of the book in the shape of a bow.

Thanks for viewing, and don't forget to check out the other creations of the collaborative!

l Display Overview

Soli Deo Gloria!

~Matthew~

The idea of illustrating a story coming out of a book is brilliant - and both the book and the scene are built very well. There's so much happening in such a small space and it's easily recognizable. Excellent work!

I always wanted to see a Hood-MOC, and you made an excellent one

This looks fantastic, Matthew. The book base is perfect and the Robin Hood scene is instantly recognizable. Awesome job!

The usage of a book as a base to literally have a story "pop off of the pages" is a wonderful idea. Nice!

The idea of illustrating a story coming out of a book is brilliant - and both the book and the scene are built very well. There's so much happening in such a small space and it's easily recognizable. Excellent work!

Thank you, glad you like it! :)

I just absolutely love that book base, excellent :wub:

Thank you :)

I always wanted to see a Hood-MOC, and you made an excellent one

Thank you, me too! :D My friend and fellow collaborator Paul Vermeesch also built Robin Hood, except his are brick-figures. It is excellent, you should check that out as well to see another Robin Hood build :)

Brilliant idea. Reminds me of pop up books from my childhood. Lovely.

Thank you! :)

This looks fantastic, Matthew. The book base is perfect and the Robin Hood scene is instantly recognizable. Awesome job!

Thanks AardWolf, glad you like it! :)

Oh wow....that's beautiful!

:D Aw, thanks Graham :)

The usage of a book as a base to literally have a story "pop off of the pages" is a wonderful idea. Nice!

Thank you, glad you like it!

Beautiful!!!

Fantastic work!

I really love the book base :wub: . Moreover the trees are excellent, too :thumbup: