The front half is mean. The rear half is business. The whole car means business.

I give you my favourite MOC to date, a modest, but satisfactory build: The Hob Rod.

A '30s pickup truck that was obtained by a hot-rodder and turned into a pickoupé hot rod with a decent dosage of chopping, channelling and grinding. It's powered by a blown V6 engine, creating a fine example of quite an extreme kustom kulture-influenced vehicle.

The car started as a simple mod of 42022 - the plan was only to put a differential in it, maybe include opening doors. Of course, the whole thing resulted with a lot of loose parts ordered on-line and now is a completely different vehicle. It took me a while to find and execute the proper way have a HOG and rotating steering wheel bypassing the transmission axle. When it was done, everything went smooth.

Features:

► mountain V6 cammer engine with moving pistons and Iron Cross-decorated cylinder heads

► blower with rotating pulley + bug-catcher & carburettor + external tachometer and oil pressure gauge

► radiator with a tiny-tiny puke can + a set of headers and classy exhausts

► working differential and transmission

► 30's classic link steering connected to steering wheel and a HOG (all featuring an intricate steering vs transmission bypass system)

► detailed cockpit with a steering wheel, dashboard, custom skull-shaped gear shifter and comfy channelled couch for two

► slanted roof and roomy bed for that pickoupé feeling everybody desires

► locking, rear hinged "suicide" doors with shaved handles and slanted edges

► exposed suicide front axle + wide, leaf spring-suspended rear axle for perfect control at salt flats

► rolled pan rear bumper and a club plaque

I apologize for the poor quality of all photos, that's the best I can do for now.

1435768997m_DISPLAY.jpg

14357689992_DISPLAY.jpg

14357690028_DISPLAY.jpg

14357690016_DISPLAY.jpg

I like the steering mechanism.. and the engine looks indeed cool. But yeah.. the roof is a little sketchy imo. Still a cool build :)

Love the side view! As for the roof, rotating panels by 180 degrees will work well.

The idea of the roof was to make the car an extremely chopped pickoupé - to suggest the roof originally was horizontal and higher, but was cut, ground and welded to make it slightly longer, but reduce the height and air resistance, adding aggressive looks at the same time. I wanted it to be unique and look different from typical hot rods, something like those:

a4e4f97c9a33f327ba5102168c8557c6.jpg8f5336b7ef1ccd8fd2a6144427101d4e.jpg

As for the roof, rotating panels by 180 degrees will work well.

I don't believe so - it would look like the roof would be torn away at high speed because of the "spiky" segments sticking out above the windscreen and engine ;)

I mean, it's possible to mount the panels backwards, but they either touch the supercharger's bug-catcher of interfere with HOG. And I don't like those "spikes". Maybe those three stud shorter panels would do a better job, but I wanted to use the parts I had. :)

Edited by Immo

I redone the model to incorporate the better roof - I gave some thought to it and indeed reversing those panels was a good idea. I'm waiting for some additional parts to improve the doors and gear shifter, then I'll post new photos.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask the Admin/Mod to change the name of model to Hob Rod again. It wasn't a mistake by my part, that's the actual name of the vehicle.