Sign in to follow this  
Endgame

Heroica RPG - Quest #138: Fade To Black

"I'll keep Silver occupied. Everyone else focus on Orange! This thing is toast no matter what it decides to do."

Karie attacks the Silver Octoraider from the backrow.

QM Note: Shall I autorun with Sandman firing at Orange Octoraider?

OoC: Skrall actually should have done 288 damage to Silver Octoraider. :wink:

Skrall fired another shot at Orange Octoraider from the back row, "Let's finish this up, Sandman feel free to fire away."

Battle Order:

Sandman

Lind

Karie

Skrall

Jinnipher

Warlen

Round Four of the Octoraider Invasion!

>Sandman VS Orange Octoraider: Shield: deadshot (Orange octoraider is sniped and instakilled.)

>Party watches as the Silver octoraider chockes on its own poison

With perfect precision, Sandman pumps a handcannon shot between the eyes of the Orange Octoraider, killing it instantly. The Silver Ocotraider succumbs to the poison released into its system and dies, meaning...

The Battle Was Victorious!

Party Leader, Please Distribute The Loot:

150 gold

Potions x6

Brine Blade (Greatsword: WP: 5, deals Poison 5 with every hit.)

The Party:

skrall.jpg

81 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 42.6 *Natural Respite* *Favors Vermin and Beast enemies* *Immune to Fragile, Blinded, Confused, Weakened* *Special Guard*

Power Bonus: +2 WP for bows and crossbows, +2 power

Defense: 8

Health: 39/56

Gold: 3242

GP: 3

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:12, double WP against beasts, fire, ice, wind, and darkness-elemental), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile, blind, and confused effects, body wear),Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard"; accessory), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Immunity to Weakened)

Inventory: Oversized Greatsword (WP:16, double damage on targets that are clearly smaller than the hero, greatsword), Composite Bow (WP:12, ignores SP,light,lightning,water, wood, and earth-elemental; bow), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains 3x experience from battles, accessory), 2x Potion, Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Incense (After being consumed, automatically revives all party members with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out.), 9 Meads, 5 Nostrums, 3 Remedy, 5 Smelling Salts, 7 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, 9 Smoke Bomb, 2 Dirt Bombs, Fire Bomb, 5 Water Bombs, Spyglass (Reveals if there are spies and eavesdroppers in the vicinity when used; tool), 6 Bone, Blind Fury, Wolfgang Insignia, Black Goo, Grating Stone, 1 Grand Potion, Level-Up Mushroom, 2 Neutralizers, Paper Doll (User is immune to Hexed, accessory)

3115F468-B66C-4A75-AFDE-6F4965288ECA_zps6r5hllhh.jpg

Warlen Melimane, Eulalia's Knight (The Chosen Minifigure) *Immune to Darkness, Fire, Ether Reduction* Physical attacks pierce SP!

23 year old male half-elf Mystic Knight

Level 16.66

Power: 27 (16+8+3).

Health: 15/30(5+16+1+3+5+7*)

SP: 10 (3+3+4)

Ether: 34/35 (5+15+4+3+5+1)

Gold: 46

Equipment: Sean Cole's Sword-Cannon (Can be used as a longsword or handcannon, WP: 8 - defies SP in sword mode, deals Bleeding 1 in cannon mode), Eagle Shield (SP: 4, prevents ether reduction), Fenarian Robes of the Vampire (SP:3, Max. Ether +4, Immune to Darkness, backwear),

Inventory:

Weapons: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Healing Staff (WP: 5, staff, heals instead of damaging),

Artifacts: Lethauros Ring (Health and Ether +5. Suitable for anyone, accessory), Magician's Glove* (+10 spell power) Counterstrike Gloves, Locustoid Grevaes (+4 ether, immune to Earth Class, can be used by any ether user), 7 10-gallon Hats (Grants wearer tourist effect, causing no one to take them seriously),

Spellbook: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Antimagic

Must Be RPed: Lightning Ball (25 electric damage to all enemies, bomb), Small Frost Ball (10 ice damage, bomb)

Consumables: Potion x2, Grand Potion x3, Health Core, Tonic x2, Remedy x3, Mead x2, Smelling Salts x3, Nostrum x2, Banana, Smoke Bomb, Milk x2 (+15 HP and Ether) 5x Hurricane (Grants Hilariously and Luckily Drunk - if wearer makes pun every round, the strength of their attack is doubled.) Viper Scale (worth 40 gold to a certain someone), Phoenix Essence, Phoenix Incense

Other Junk: Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Bones x6, 2 shiny gold rocks (worth 1 gold at most stores, 5 at magic stores).

8878153168_75444a509d_t.jpg

Karie Alderflask-Cour, A True Hero (Kintobor)

24? Year Old Human Female Witch

Level 315 *Permanently Nimble* *Immune to Sealed*

Power Bonus: 0

Health: 48/48

Defense: 2

Ether: 36/36

Gold: 2003

GP: 36

Equipment: Blazing Palm (WP: 14, Fire Elemental whip, successful hits lower the target's level by 1), Catsuit (Wearer becomes nimble and has a 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE, and FREE HITS, suitable for women only, body wear), Ethereal Cloak (SP: +2, Max Ether: +4, back wear), Mage's Muffler (Provides immunity to sealed, accessory, suitable for anyone)

Inventory:

*Weapons: Oculoid Palm (WP: 11, successful hits lower the target's level by 1, whip) Spring Staff(WP: 12, healing someone else through this staff also heals the user by the same amount, water elemental staff), Grumpy's Staff (WP: 10, staff), Sexy(WP: 11, disregards SP, longsword), Heirloom Dagger (WP: 3, dagger), Rusty Dagger (WP: 2, deals the poisoned by 10, breaks after 3 uses) Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to dark-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only; shield.)

-Minstrel Weapons: Angelic Trumpet (WP: 5, user is blessed, instrument), Vagrant's Guitar (WP: 5, user is lucky, instrument), Fine-tuned Guitar (WP:15, user is lucky; instrument)

*Artefacts: Glittering Dress (The users job traits are replaced by those of a Harlot: Promiscuity, Flee, and Money Maker, suitable for women only), Skull Mask (SP: 1, wearer can pose as undead, headwear), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes user's appearance into that of an elf of the same gender, accessory), Snake Eyes Charm (Provides immunity to petrified, accessory, suitable for anyone) Paper Doll (Provides immunity to the Hexed effect, accessory),

*Minstrel Artefacts: Encore Plectrum (If the same song is sung for more than one round of combat in a row, the song's ether cost for the consecutive rounds is halved; suitable for minstrels, accessory)

*Gems: Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind)

*Scrolls: Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Newtity

*Battle Songs: True Loves Serenade (restores 50 health to the rest of the party, costs 10 ether, Battle Song), Murder on the Dancefloor (Has 1/6 chance of instantly knocking out each opponent (unless immune to sudden death) when sung; costs 30 ether per round; Battle Song)*Consumables: Grand Potion x10, Tonic, Grand Tonic x10, Remedy x9, Phoenix Essence x5, Phoenix Incense x2, Nostrum x3, Smelling Salts Pumpkin Bomb (causes poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed, and confused to all opponents when used), Fire Bomb, Neutralizer x3, Herbal Infusions x3 (Removes Negative Effects and causes Blessed and Transcended effects), Oculoid Miasma, Elixir x2, Tiger Balm, Ether Core, Health Core, Potion, 2x Mead, 16 Venoms, 2 Deadly Venoms, Jinxy Juice, Love Potion, 2x Bone

*Tools: Magic Compass, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Decamodifier

*Sheep: Baaffy (Pet Sheep; whenever unleashed deals the fast asleep effect to one random opponent once per battle, unlimited use)

Quest/Roleplay Items: Masson's Journal Entry #11, Map of Brendenton, Spider Coin (worth 1 gp), Forest Journal, Blue Syndicate Outfit, Kayla's Mask, Ulric's Letter

18778734752_c16ece0935_t.jpglindwhispererv.jpg

Flynn Flisperer, Lind Whisperer, The Grey Foxer *Encouraged at half health* *Free hits have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent*

21-year-old elf male Human of the Munchkin tribe

Class: Assassin

Level: 18.5

Defense: 3

Health: 15/30 (7+18+5)

Gold: 77

Glory Points: 14

Equipment: Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon), Invader's Armour (SP: 3, wearer is encouraged when their current health is at half or below the wearer's maximum level), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent; Backwear, suitable for anyone), Medal of Valor (This pendant is awarded by the Bonapartes to those who show their heroism in the battle against piracy. The wearer gains double experience in battle. Accessory)

Inventory: Plasma Shield (SP: 3, user absorbs electric attacks), Trickster's Mask of the Human (suitable for anyone, changes users appearance into a human of the same gender, accessory), Mugger's Mask (Protects from loss of gold from gold stealing enemies, headwear.), Darker Ethereal Deck (Playing Cards) (WP:7, throwing weapon)

• Bedroll, Shovel

•Mead, x3 Potions, Remedy, Bone

• Newspaper with Picture of Lupine (Quest/role-playing item), Alfendi's Cape, Alfendi Lupine's Blank Calling Cards

Decamon Deck: Tweetybird (Flying 1), Mud Frog (Rock 2)

Loaned Out Gear: Akrone Fez (Artifact; SP: 1, Max. Health: +1, Headwear, suitable for anyone) ~ Loaned out to Jinnipher Buchaire

Loaned Gear: Phoenix Incense x1 ~ Loaned by Skrall

catava-knight.jpgJinnipher Buchaire (JimBee)

76-year-old female Moon Elven Knight

Level 2

Power Bonus: 3

Health: 14/14

Defense: 6

Gold: 0

Equipment: Crescent Sword (WP:3; longsword), Plasma Shield (SP: 3, absorbs electricty, belongs to Lind), Anniversary Medal (SP+3, Power+3, Ether+3, Health+3, immune to Fire, accessory, belongs to Lind).

Inventory: 2x Potion, Bedroll, Phoenix Incense, Full-Moon Shield (SP: 2)

7YdqKPh.png

Sandman, Level 30.25 Sniper *Immune to Sleep/Deep Sleep*

HP: 45/45

SP: 4

Gold: 300

Lethality: 1/6

Equipment: Somnamblast (WP: 13, 1/6 chance of inflicting Sleep on succesful hits, handcannon), Sandblasted Helmet (SP: 2, immune to sleep/deep sleep), Sandblasted Robes (SP: 2)

Inventory: Grand Potion x3, Sleep Bomb, Old Guitar (WP: 0), Phoenix Incense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ixvKNNds.png

"Well done taking out the trash, Heroes... I'll have a crewhand swab up the mess they left behind. Divvy up that loot they had stuck to 'im and we'll head to the galley for some food. I think Chef Perdue is cookin' up some swordfish."

Er9SFkx.png

"Aye, the one I caught! Should be good with a bottle of gin."

Sandman returns to polishing up Somnomblast.

7YdqKPh.png

"Like I said. Didn't take long."

Edited by Endgame

"And that's how it's done. Good thing I was there to protect you all, otherwise you'd be sleeping with the fishes for sure." She giggled at her own pun smugly. "Not bad, Sandman. Think you'd let me try that handcannon out?" She looked at his crotch pointedly.

"And that's how it's done. Good thing I was there to protect you all, otherwise you'd be sleeping with the fishes for sure." She giggled at her own pun smugly. "Not bad, Sandman. Think you'd let me try that handcannon out?" She looked at his crotch pointedly.

7YdqKPh.png

"Depends. The recoil would probably break some bones. Still want to try it?" Jinnipher still wasn't sure which handcannon Sandman was referring to. Sandman slings Somnamblast over his shoulder.

Edited by Endgame

OoC: Lind should be at 18.5 XP - Medal of Valor.

QM Note: Fixed.

"Good work, guys. I'm suspicious though, of how they learned to use cutlasses?"

After healing himself and Skrall, Warlen inspects the bodies for any sign of magic, runes, or any form of possible mind control.

"I'm suspicious of if they're edible..." The Munchkin's voice took on a slight twinge of sarcasm. "And no, thanks, don't bother healing me for whatever reason.

Seriously - my armor's jabbing me full of adrenals right now."

Flynn/Lind scavenges the octopi corpses for anything remotely edible.

Warlen rolls his eyes at Lind's childishness and proceeds to heal him too.

Ooc-Sorry, somehow I missed you.

OoC: No! I'll be encouraged for all future battles, as long as I stay at or below half health! That's what I meant when I said seriously! Don't waste the the ether!

Lind steps out of the way, before Warlen can cast the spell. "I was serious - no healing, unless I'm nearly dead. My armor jabs me full of adrenals when I'm this way. It's like a constant mead high, with all the benefits, and without the apparently racist drunkenness..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

OoC: Skrall should be at full health due to his class features.

Skrall poked about in the loot, before turning back to the captain, "Something to eat sounds good. What are your thoughts on the length of the remainder of the voyage?" The ogre hefted the Brine Blade and made his way over to Jinnipher, extending the blade out to her. "I see you're good with a longsword, ever used one of these?"

Loot Distribution:

Skrall: 30 Gold, 1 potion

Karie: 30 Gold, 1 potion

Lind: 30 Gold, 2 potions

Warlen: 30 Gold, 1 potion

Jinnipher: 30 Gold, 1 potion, Brine Blade

Warlen checks the octopi for any signs of outside influence. The octopi did not seem to be tampered with... Just smart sea life, apparently.

Flynn looks through the octopi corpses to get:

Crusty Barnacle: Boil it, mash it, put it in a stew: just, whatever you do, don't eat it raw...

ixvKNNds.png

"Probably two more days, but no more than that."

Edited by Endgame

QM Note: No, sorry if my post wasn't clear.

After healing himself and Skrall, Warlen inspects the bodies for any sign of magic, runes, or any form of possible mind control.

OOC: With a potion, right? Mystic knights can't heal through magic. :wink:

Karie catches her share and nods towards Skrall in appreciation. Noticing everyone else acting busily, Karie pulls out her pocket mirror and begins to touch up her white face paint.

Edited by Kintobor

ixvKNNds.png

"We'll be heading down to the galley, once your make-up wearing comrade puts the mirror down." remarks the captin with a chuckle.

Karie snaps her mirror shut and gives the captain an annoyed look.

"Such is the cost of standing out in a crowd. Unless I was in a mob of clowns. And I hate clowns just as much as I hate ships." Karie remarks.

"I'm ready for food whenever. I'll have you know I may be skinny, but I have the appetite of a horse!"

ixvKNNds.png

"We'll be heading down to the galley, once your make-up wearing comrade puts the mirror down." remarks the captin with a chuckle.

"I'm ready for food whenever. I'll have you know I may be skinny, but I have the appetite of a horse!"

"Then let's go!"

7YdqKPh.png

"Depends. The recoil would probably break some bones. Still want to try it?" Jinnipher still wasn't sure which handcannon Sandman was referring to. Sandman slings Somnamblast over his shoulder.

"That depends. Maybe we'll have to do something about those bones later in the med bay."

Skrall poked about in the loot, before turning back to the captain, "Something to eat sounds good. What are your thoughts on the length of the remainder of the voyage?" The ogre hefted the Brine Blade and made his way over to Jinnipher, extending the blade out to her. "I see you're good with a longsword, ever used one of these?"

Jinnipher accepted the blade with slight surprise. Maybe Skrall wasn't so bad after all. Or maybe he was just trying to pacify her.

Nonetheless, she hefted the sword high and took a few clumsy practice swings. It was much heavier than her usual longsword, and harder to swing with one hand. The barnacles suckling on the metal didn't help with the weight, either. She scraped what she could off blade on the deck railing.

"It'll do for now," she replied simply.

"And the face of one, too,"