Sign in to follow this  
Jared

LEGO® Metroid Prime: Artifact Temple Showdown

While not fully complete, this was my largest creation brought to Brickworld Chicago 2015. Part 2 comes next year (Brickworld 2016!!)

19175333908_6511ffb2fc.jpg

This build is based on the game Metroid Prime, one of my all-time favourite games as a kid. This is the semi-final battle with everyone's favourite asexual dragon Ridley (in metaform no less) atop the Chozo Artifact Temple that leads you to the conclusion of the game.

19362925585_bd0fa9ee44.jpg

18740391954_0b9c7dd458.jpg

Here's a little close-up of the big purple meanie himself, Meta-Ridley. Reference.

19362935625_2d54e09ee7.jpg

Ready to die?

18740395584_52de8e246b.jpg

Phazon suit Samus.

Logo.

Metroid, Samus and all related names, images, etc. are property of Nintendo Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Check out higher resolution photos on Flickr!

This looks really good! Your Meta Ridley is great (I've seen it before, but I don't think I ever commented), I really like how you've done the wings. The temple itself looks really accurate, I especially like how you've achieved the texture on the ground. Though I can only imagine the mess if this were to ever get flipped upside-down.

A truely massive and incredible creation! I like the pattern on the ground; the azure is a great choice to create that magic glowing effect, whithout using transparent pieces :thumbup: I am really looking forward to part 2!

Though I can only imagine the mess if this were to ever get flipped upside-down.

That gives me an idea for when I'm finished displaying this.... ;)

thanks for the praise mate! Added you as a friend because I love your profile pic! Space pterodactyl jerks for the win!

A truely massive and incredible creation! I like the pattern on the ground; the azure is a great choice to create that magic glowing effect, whithout using transparent pieces :thumbup: I am really looking forward to part 2!

Thank you! I'm afraid i'm locked into doing, an there's now a TON of pressure... http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/04/fan-builds-massive-metroid-prime-boss-fight-out-of-lego

The ground is awesome *o*

thanks! :D

I got a laugh out of the interview where you said that the second important part of Meta-Ridley is the part where you shoot on his chest. That's exactly what I looked for when I first saw the model and had in my mind as you went over him, because aside from his overall menacing shape and burned wings, where to shoot is the most important point when playing the game.

I got a laugh out of the interview where you said that the second important part of Meta-Ridley is the part where you shoot on his chest. That's exactly what I looked for when I first saw the model and had in my mind as you went over him, because aside from his overall menacing shape and burned wings, where to shoot is the most important point when playing the game.

Haha, glad I've don you proud. Seriously though, it's not Meta-ridley without it, so.... :dhappy: