Tags: Science, Octan, Civil, Vehicle, Ground Vehicle

// PERSONAL DIARY //

I filed my report about the data I had collected and requested to return to the Axle to personally debrief with Dr. Long. But she said that I was needed on neighboring Lesser Drigo. She felt like we needed a scientific presence after most of the first hand reports of Jurin II from Octan Corp personnel amounted to how warm the water was and how smooth the sand was.

I, of course, was honored to be selected. I requested a GMB-02 mobile lab, but she said there were none available. I then suggested a GMM-04 mech suit, but again there were none. She assured me that a suitable vehicle would be located for my use. I knew with the importance of my mission she'd find the proper conveyance.

It was a surprise to find myself driving an Octan off-road race truck. At first I thought there was some mistake, but the supplymaster who gave it to me assured me it wasn't. I then realized what was happening: Dr. Long was crafty... she was testing me! Wanted to try and throw me a curveball to see how I would handle it. Clearly she wanted to make sure I was able to be trusted and that I wouldn't fall apart at a slight hiccup. Brilliant. Admittedly the truck had a lot of power, but being the skilled driver I am, it didn't bother me at all.

19326012496_c03fd9a740_c.jpg

19164520928_9603d53bde_c.jpg

It did worry me that Mantis had been spotted with a fair bit of recent activity on Lesser Drigo. Dr. Long said that it would be a perfect chance for the new Executive Defender Series 208 robot (commonly called ED-208) to be field tested. The ED-208 is highly reliable and can easily identify threats. According to the message from Dr. Long. I actually thought at first she was sending me a protection rabbit because her message was a bit garbled, which seemed ridiculous. I mean, what would a rabbit even be able to do...

I found it somewhat difficult to find any fauna, this might have been due to the fact that my vehicle made a loud BBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPP noise from its exhaust that could be heard for a mile. Not that I would have been able to do much with them anyway since there was virtually no room in the race truck. I was able to find some plants though. And I did have my camera with me. I asked ED-208 if he felt like what we were doing was science and he said "I'd buy that for 3 credits!" I think that meant yes. I also grabbed a few rocks for our geologists on the Axle to look at. I looked for any cool rocks that I could give to Dr. Long for her desk, but all I could find was ugly brown ones. ED-208 asked me why I was looking for "pretty rocks for the stern woman", clearly the AI still has a ways to go!

18731484773_dbdfa012aa_c.jpg

Extra truck photos:

18729597964_5b8e7569dd_c.jpg

19356122461_34a6ff88e8_c.jpg

That's quite a powerful, rugged looking all-terrain vehicle! :thumbup:

So wait... wait... Koro's cyborg body is based off that robot? OH NO!

Edited by mccoyed

Great vehicle to take for Driver's Ed. Don't have to worry about the steering or parallel parking portions of the exam - just drive right over or through it. :laugh::wink: Really cool vehicle. :thumbup:

Nice off road vehicle, good terrain as well. :classic:

Great vehicle with a wonderfully rugged shape and feel!

Also, great story! That Dr. Long is always up to something!

The truck is great! A bit of yellow on the wheels goes nicely with the Octan colour scheme :thumbup: