Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

[Ch IV: Cat A] A Dwarfs life

The underground base of the Southern Dwarves in the Kaliphlin Rakath Mountains...

19176931208_cdb5ca550b_z.jpg

This young dwarf reflects on how much his life has changed since the war started.

19358408122_6711f573e9_z.jpg

Before the war started and the Southern Dwarves declared their support for the Desert King life was very different. Back then the dwarves focused more on the arts and craftsmanship, but these days sculpting and carving are not considered a priority and have been put aside in order to make more room for weapons and supplies for the war.

18743891973_d852abc317_z.jpg

Nowadays inventors only job is to create weapons of war...

18741994554_b60ce5ee8b_z.jpg

and the alchemists brew deadly concoctions designed corrode or explode

19176890150_1f61df18d6_z.jpg

The forges are lit day and night as dwarves workers build weapons to arm the Desert king's forces.

19176948898_9b4c7533e4_z.jpg

and now the young dwarf must grow up from a kid to a man as he prepares to go to war and fight for his King...

Extra pics:

18787042991_affb4a794d_z.jpg

19176941228_30840b8950_z.jpg

The desk

18743899333_68deec86da_z.jpg

A shelf

19364523975_4d46f52fa3_z.jpg

C&C appreciated. I am still not to happy with some of the pictures, but they are all WAY better than before :classic:

Edited by LordDan

Are those a Khaliphlinian dwarves or just Mitgardian cacti? :laugh: either way, I like the surface quite much!

Really nice concept with the multi-layered idea! The little cacti look great too, as does the crossbow invention!

Promising! I love your furniture, is that inventor for hire? And what's his price? :laugh:

Edited by TitusV

The post is now updated!

Are those a Khaliphlinian dwarves or just Mitgardian cacti? :laugh: either way, I like the surface quite much!

Thanks! These are Kaliphlin dwarves, they are a group of Southern Dwarves.

Really nice concept with the multi-layered idea! The little cacti look great too, as does the crossbow invention!

Thanks! The crossbow was origionally designed for a wall in Avalonia ( which i ended up scrapping), so it actually articulates up and down and side to side. The crank on the bottom would be used for tightening both crossbows at the same time, and the bar on the back is for aiming it.( I tried to make it realistic). It even has a sight

Promising! I love your furniture, is that inventor for hire? And what's his price? :laugh:

Thank you! The inventor usually only works for supporters of the Desert King, although I'm sure he would make an exception for any Avalonians ( as long as they don't use his designs against the Desert King)

Thank you! The inventor usually only works for supporters of the Desert King, although I'm sure he would make an exception for any Avalonians ( as long as they don't use his designs against the Desert King)

Altough Alric doesn't like the Desert King, he wasn't planning on fighting him. And for the rest: I love you build, with the forge, the weaponroom, the inventors, the desk...

Excellent build LD, fantastic job on the different levels! :sweet: The SNOTted landscaping is very nice, and the rooms with the dwarves working are great - my favorite is the forge, excellent job on the lighting effect and curved wall there! Some other details I really liked are the hands holding up the wrench and that crossbow invention :wink:

Whoa! The multi-level approach gives an impressive look from the first glance, but it's the clever interior details that make the build for me :thumbup: I particularly like the weapon rack utilizing bars to hold the axes in place, shelves using bars and hands, the chemistry experiment, and quite possibly my favorite detail, the two pegs holding the blacksmith's wrench :classic:

Great details all over the place here! Favorites: the long bars holding all those axes, the shelf with the hands on the wall, the ruby as a vial + the poring liquid, and finally the magnifying glass arm.

:wub:

Excellent multi-level build! It looks great and also looks like a lot of fun. All the different details are nice - the desk design is good and also looks appropriately dusty, the shelf is brilliant, the weapon rack is imposing, and the forge is neat. The other additional items like the alchemist's vial of liquid are good too. Is the big hair mad scientist wearing the torso piece I think he's wearing? It all adds up to a nice busy scene. Good work!

Excellent work! I really love all the techniques and details. Especially the furniture looks great :thumbup:

Brilliant build Lord Dan, love the different layers and details inside. The SNoT floors/ceilings are great, as is the texturing. Each workshop has its own awesome details - the crossbow, worktable and forge are very nice touches. Superb build man, definitely fun to look through!

excellent little details compose this great result, the stands, the halberd stand on the wall, the furnace, the little lamps in the wall. All are excellent

Edited by blackdeathgr