18694321473_b9ca0c5a4f_c.jpg

High in the mountains of Southern Mitgardia, master smiths have secretly used the raging fire of dragons to fuel their craft. The Great Red, Taevoth Longtail, fled Nocturnus generations ago during a purge on his kind. Now he helps create swords because it beats being spitted and eaten by werewolves or worse.

19318844171_9111a7ece0_c.jpg

The smiths of the Dragon Forge are a mix of human and dwarf, often training as a pair: master and student, only to pass on their secrets to the next generation when the time comes. Few know the hidden location of the Dragon Forge, and fewer still carry the incredible weapons that are made here.

Only the finest hammered iron blades can be treated with the coals heated by dragon-flame. Through the heating process, the dragon-flame is bound to the metal, where it imbues a magical sheen that never dulls.

18712724524_525727d49e_c.jpg

A finished sword, called a Firebrand, is always warm to the touch and crafted with fine inlays and ornate hilts. The blades are made long, after the zweihander style favored by the knights and armsmen of the Crown Lands. In the past, these weapons were specially ordered by only the richest and most famous warriors in Historica. However, the time may be coming when need for the Firebrands, as more than status symbols and tokens of martial mastery, is great.

Awesome fire and smoke effect, neat little build!

I agree that the smoke looks really good! A great concept too! :thumbup:

Great job on the forge, the fire and smoke bellowing out are fantastic :sweet:

That is genius, though I don't think PETA would approve...

Good thing Taevoth is sentient and able to make his own decisions without those buggers, then.

Love the idea here!

Thanks!

Great idea, and build!

Thanks LV!

Awesome fire and smoke effect, neat little build!

Thanks Kabel!

I agree that the smoke looks really good! A great concept too! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai!

Whoa, Great build!

Thanks UM!

Great job on the forge, the fire and smoke bellowing out are fantastic :sweet:

Thanks Garm!

I really like this, it's beautifully designed with the platforms and I like Erebor forge influence from the Hobbit movies.

Superb fire and smoke effects, as everyone has said. The forging details are lovely too, great use of those spike pieces for sword blades in the making :thumbup:

Excellent architecture and layout too, quite unique :classic:

Now there's an interesting concept! Metal-working being an area of interest to me, I must say this is a fine if not entirely realistic build. The furnace with its raging fire and billowing smoke looks great, and the idea of connecting the two sides with the arched walkway is neat. I also think the use of the spike pieces for unfinished blades is a great idea. With or without the dragon it's a very good overall design. I'm intrigued by the anvil - is that a one-piece item? Good work!

That's a nice creation. I love the use of Smaug and the fire and smoke effect :thumbup:

Great build, but, seeing how the dragons from Nocturnus, how long will it be till he gets hungry for some blacksmith.