Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

The Exetrius saga: Onicius prologue (part 3)

Onicius prologue

part 1: The village raid

part 2: A merchant's knowledge

Part 3: Meeting a wizard

It was in the late afternoon. The empty chapter four really bothered Onicius. Someone was holding back information from him. Had it been Nerocarsus? Why would he do that, maybe because it could be dangerous?

Suddenly his mom came into the house. She had been on the fields when the raid took place, when she turned home, the gates were closed and she was forced to sleep outside. When the gates opened in the morning, she learned about the raid. She found Onicius, he told her about what happened to father and sister. While his mother was in need for some time for herself, Onicius went to Nerocarsus to ask some questions.

However, Onicius didn't get the chance to ask about the blank pages. Nerocarsus wanted him to go to the river, where he had arranged a meeting with a regular customer of his. He was a friendly wizard from Avalonia, who was especially interested in the eastern part of Khaliplin. Not only was he willing to teach Onicius some magic, but he knew more about the invaders too. They met on the dry river bed.

19130858800_0b89431d89_z.jpg

Wizard:

"Nice to meet you, Onicius. My name is Elia. I have heard you seek to learn magic."

Onicius:

"That is true, Sir Elia. Nerocarsus told me you could help me with magic."

Wizard:

"It would be my pleasure! Please just call me Elia."

Onicius:

"Allright then. I have read about the three basic magic types, but I'm not quite sure..."

Wizard:

"We'll find out soon enough what your strength is, come with me!"

Onicius:

"But Sir... Elia!"

To be continued... in the next part: 'Sand man'

Bonus shot:

18695988814_b8f41d86b5.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C appreciated! :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Small build, but very effective :thumbup: Good work with the layering in the rock, and beach :classic:

Nice build!

Cool wizard!

Small build, but very effective :thumbup: Good work with the layering in the rock, and beach :classic:

Solid small build.

Net, small build. Well done!

Thanks you guys :classic: It was fun to work with those vivid colours. As for my next build, I'm still having a writer's/builder's block and I'm going on holiday for two weeks very soon, so don't expect it any time early!

The ongoing story is interesting, but this little scene is just lovely. It reminds me of a beach setting and the lighting gives it that clear mid-day look. It's just an inviting scene and this being summer it looks like a good place for a vacation. Good work.

The ongoing story is interesting, but this little scene is just lovely. It reminds me of a beach setting and the lighting gives it that clear mid-day look. It's just an inviting scene and this being summer it looks like a good place for a vacation. Good work.

Very nice little vig! You did a great job with the layering and the palm tree is neat too :thumbup:

:blush: Thanks for the positive feedback about both the build and the story. I quite like the way the scene turned out, extra vivid due to the lighting.

Btw, be sure to check out the next part of the saga, it is up right now! :classic:

I really like the story and the little vignette :thumbup:

The kitbash wizzard looks nice and I like the little river.

Your story development is great! Really enjoying all new chapters. Can't wait to read how your characters finally become Nocturnians.

Thanks all! :classic:

Your story development is great! Really enjoying all new chapters. Can't wait to read how your characters finally become Nocturnians.

Don't worry, they will :grin: