42043 - Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Rating  

425 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Its a great set but Pneumatic system does not working very well all the time..:)

Edited by Spooky

Yeah, this set really needs an air tank to keep enough air in the system to play around with, and possibly another pump to refill the air system faster. It's rather fun to make such modifications though - I'll see about adding some pics of my own ideas to the improvements thread when I next have the time to rebuild it.

Question on dialing 42043 (Mercedes-Benz Arocs). I noticed after the final assembly that the outriggers are leaving very slowly. On video reviews on youtube all at times faster, I do not understand where the error in my model :(

@deki Check this step: 

140.jpg

The gears use 1 tan pin and 1 blue pin. Maybe you use 2 blue pins. Blue pins are the ones with friction, while tan ones without.

Just finished building this (I got a bulk lot of lego from a collector at the start of the year - it had about 2/3rds the parts for 42043, and I finished it off via bricklink).

What an excellent build - really lots of fun. I love the little details, e.g. the use of the bionicle tooth to help direct the pneumatic hoses when threading them down through the turntable - an excellent touch!

Has anyone tried modifying the gearbox to be a directional one? Space is not super tight, but it is still not clear to me whether there'd be enough room as yet (1 stud more height would make it a bit easier I think). I was thinking to keep the controls on the same sides as they are already. The right side (pump/trailer dump) seems easier - the left side (crane rotation, stabilisers) trickier due to the gearing down (which could really be a bit more I guess - could use a worm gear and sacrifice the ability to manually move?)

7 minutes ago, tecknic toby said:

my bucket does not close

How do I fix it

You must not have one of the pneumatic hoses hooked up right.  Does it open?  

Make sure the connections are correct

Just now, tecknic toby said:

thank you for not helping me

A response within 16 minutes is nothing to complain about, we cannot be on here 24/7 to answer questions.  A problem like this should be self-diagnosed.  

2 hours ago, tecknic toby said:

step 3 from the child's guide to coping with a chronic need for instant feedback.

Step four is "provide no supporting information"

6 hours ago, tecknic toby said:

Hi Toby. 

This is not how we treat each other on Eurobricks. This is not Facebook (on which you should not show the same behavior either btw).

Be patient and wait for people to help you. And please provide some information. What have you tried to fix the problem?

I bought the Arocs just before Xmas upon recommendation in the 6x6 Tow Truck thread. I picked it up from bricklink for just under £150 after postage, which seemed reasonable but I don't really know the market

I really enjoyed the build and the mechanics of it. I built the A model, and soon took it apart to do the B model as I like an artic. And the thought of building the B model without entirely deconstructing it appealed to the lazy me.

I didn't follow the instructions fully, I wanted to have remote drive and steering. Sadly the only L motor I have is from this set, and my XL was elsewhere. So I took a chance on an M, and I was surprised it managed to move the tractor unit quite well on hardwood floor and did okay with trailer without the crane, but it really struggles once the crane is on. 

I sort of bodged the steering with a servo motor using the existing steering system, but it's not very precise and not very good for reversing with a trailer :laugh:

I've also got an issue with the crane, the pump motor stalls really quickly and I'm not quite sure why, at a guess I'd say the hose coming from the pump tenses up when pressurised and stops the pump from turning. But I had no issues with the A model.

completed this set last september ...today I wanna show to my sister trucks funtions and suddenly I realized that does not work very well ...turn table almost does not turn at all , balance arms working very slowly anddddd  pnuematics sometimes working sometimes not working...weird..checked my 42054 immediately after  , same situation going on for my 42054 too...:(

Edited by Spooky

11 hours ago, Spooky said:

completed this set last september ...today I wanna show to my sister trucks funtions and suddenly I realized that does not work very well ...turn table almost does not turn at all , balance arms working very slowly anddddd  pnuematics sometimes working sometimes not working...weird..checked my 42054 immediately after  , same situation going on for my 42054 too...:(

White clutch? Try replacing.