42043 - Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 Rating  

425 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Thanks, But I will wait for a more reasonable price if it's just okay, 190€ is still a big price for a toy (very advanced toy for sure).

Thanks, But I will wait for a more reasonable price if it's just okay, 190€ is still a big price for a toy (very advanced toy for sure).

It's the normal price, so it's not a bargain. Then again, it's a great X-mas present :wink:

It's the normal price, so it's not a bargain. Then again, it's a great X-mas present :wink:

It isn't even a present it's for myself, last Lego I built was 20 years ago when I was a kid, I had 8440,8425,8299 and remenber having great fun building them and was amazed by the mechanics. While buying some small sets for my nephews seeing all these really cool new complicated models made me want to build a set again and this 42043 really catched my eyes.

It isn't even a present it's for myself...

I know, but that still counts as a present :wink:

Got mine for 100€, new and unopened ;-)

That's what I call a nice deal :thumbup:

Yeah. But i admit it is somehow "unfair" because i got it by a friend who is a Lego employee who gets 50% off... But as always in life: you must know the right people ;-)

199.99 Euro is the regular retail price, and it's definitely worth it :classic: .

Edited by allanp

Found one set at 174€ with shipping on amazon.de and jumped on the offer, I think that if I wait too much the price will get higher due to not being produced anymore.

Found one set at 174€ with shipping on amazon.de and jumped on the offer, I think that if I wait too much the price will get higher due to not being produced anymore.

By wait too much you mean wait another two years or so? The Merc will still be around for some time.

Hello everyone.

I am waiting for my new 42043.

Is there any MOD to stay fully rc?

Thanks.

Hi everyone! Yesterday I finished building the crane of the Arocs set. I placed it on the truck and connected the battery pack to try it. The pneumatic part works like it should, but I have a slight problem with the rotation. When the crane rotation is engaged, the clutch gear in the transmission starts slipping, approximately at 45 degrees of rotation in both directions, and this results in a jerky movement of the crane, which completes the 90 degrees rotation in that way. I've checked that the gears could turn freely. I think that this problem comes from the elastic tension of the hoses, which increases with the rotation of the crane and so it requires more torque from the engine. The amount of torque to transmit is too much for the clutch gear, which starts slipping. I would like to know if any of you have encountered this problem and if you solved it in some way. Have you got any tips for me? Thanks in advance :classic:

The upper layer of the gear box contains the white Clutch Gear. This gear prevents the motor from stalling and overheating when the end of a function has been reached.

19062889885_4218ffe837_c.jpg

I also thought of a reduction of the size of the gear on the clutch axle, which should reduce the torque needed to operate the function, but i couldn't come to a working solution because the transmission is too packed to move something without blocking some of its mechanisms. The easiest way would have been to switch positions between the 20T gear on the cluctch axle and the 12T gear which is driven by it. The problem with this solution is that the 20T gear collides with the dark gray selector on the next axle.

Edited by Luke_Duckwalker

sounds like you have the pneumatikhoses not placed in an optimal way. there are going many hoses trough the turntable, and the can avoid a smooth rotation.

Finally managed to build this monster, it took me 4 days, building the cabin was the most boring part for me but at least it looks beautiful, the dumpbed was really fast to build so no time to get bored, also the crane is really lacking power, like the clamshell style bucket that barely grab anything. As for his weight well it's really heavy and it bend when you grab it from both end. Overall it's great and totally worth the price only by the shear amount of time you will spend building it.

I hope Lego will make even more complex Lego Technic in the future.

Thanks to both of you, it might be the tubes that are creating this malfunctioning. I tried to visually check if they rub with the gears, but with everything mounted it's really difficult to see through. I will try to follow the guide in the post you linked and update with the result. :wink:

Yes, the instructions for leading the tubes are rather poor. I can imagine how frustrating that can be for a young kid.

Thanks to both of you, it might be the tubes that are creating this malfunctioning. I tried to visually check if they rub with the gears, but with everything mounted it's really difficult to see through. I will try to follow the guide in the post you linked and update with the result. :wink:

Update:

Everything is working fine and good now, but the tubes housing was not the cause of the problem. Of course now that I've followed the guide instructions they're nicely packed in their right spot, but when I've put all together once again the problem was still there and the crane was not rotating properly. So I tried in another way: I lubricated the turntable with some silicone lubricant. At this point I could feel, even rotating the crane by hand, that it made a massive difference. I put the crane in its place for the last time and tried to operate it by the engine. All perfect. Thanks for the help!

This is an awsomw review! But i am still not sure about getting this one or the motorized excavator first! What are you opinions? This is a true mind storm dilema!!!

This is an awsomw review! But i am still not sure about getting this one or the motorized excavator first! What are you opinions? This is a true mind storm dilema!!!

If you want building experience and nice display model get this truck, if you want fun with remote and nothing else get excavator.