Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

[Ch IV, Cat A] Katoren Hospital

My entry to Cat. A of Challenge IV.

With the civil war going on, the Katoren hospital is packed full, and patients are still being brought in:

19113891658_9c0c77ce42_z.jpg

19113897048_2839e115b2_z.jpg

19275419306_b6f9d6c2fd_z.jpg

19275413896_7065f85fc1_z.jpg

19113825540_b5ffd6d993_z.jpg

19301438825_947c355c93_z.jpg

19301437525_d1784434b0_z.jpg

Lots more pictures here: Link

I would like to receive UoP credit for:

General Building - Interior Design

C&C welcome :classic:

Very nice build LJ, the white looks great for the wall and the orange roof and tan highlights are excellent as well! :thumbup: Very clean looking interior too!

Beautiful work. Classic facade/open reverse side stuff here. What a great and clean building in general. Very Meditarranean.

Great job here LJ, looks very clean! I really like the arches on the gate, and the contrast between white and dark flesh (?) for the roof works really well! Nice work!

This build shows how effective clean architecture can be :thumbup: Great use of arches both in the hospital and outer wall.

The interior is well detailed, that poor guy doesn't look very happy to receive his medicine :laugh:

Wonderful build, I'm really enjoying the Katoren style you have pioneered. Simple but elegant. I think this is a touching and fitting choice for a Cat. A entry, as it is important to show that there are rarely winners in any war. I love the color combos of the building and surrounding grounds. The roof and low, light bley wall are great touches. Lovely interior scenes as well, I wonder where you got the inspiration for that! :laugh:

Glad to see you're not totally lost in space LJ!

Excellent MOC LJ! The Technic cross bricks add a ton of character to this.

That's a beautiful hospital! The architecture, white structure, and roof are splendid together. (What color is the roof anyway?) The walled courtyard is also superb and altogether it just looks so inviting. The interior is equally good, from the made-up beds to the bedsheets pulled up on the patients to the various poses and expressions. Good work!

Fantastic work, LittleJohn :wub:

I love the architecture and all the details :thumbup:

I like it, especially your beds

Thanks, Titus! :classic:

Terrific work, man! :wub:

Thanks, Graham! :classic:

Very nice! I like the tan accents on the outside

Thanks, glad you like them :classic:

:oh: So much effort put into those bed sheets, great job! :thumbup:

Thanks! They actually weren't too hard to make :classic:

Very nice build LJ, the white looks great for the wall and the orange roof and tan highlights are excellent as well! :thumbup: Very clean looking interior too!

Thanks, Garm! :sweet:

Beautiful work. Classic facade/open reverse side stuff here. What a great and clean building in general. Very Meditarranean.

Thanks, mccoyed! Glad you like it :classic:

Great job here LJ, looks very clean! I really like the arches on the gate, and the contrast between white and dark flesh (?) for the roof works really well! Nice work!

Thanks, Kai! The roof is dark orange, though it's a little hard to tell from the pictures :sceptic:

A really good romanesque style hospital, even though it is a Kali build.

Thanks, Blufiji! :classic:

Great overall, and I just love the minifigs under the covers in the beds! :blush:

Thanks, they were fun to build :classic:

This build shows how effective clean architecture can be :thumbup: Great use of arches both in the hospital and outer wall.

The interior is well detailed, that poor guy doesn't look very happy to receive his medicine :laugh:

Thanks, sk! Haha, nope, he doesn't :laugh:

Wonderful build, I'm really enjoying the Katoren style you have pioneered. Simple but elegant. I think this is a touching and fitting choice for a Cat. A entry, as it is important to show that there are rarely winners in any war. I love the color combos of the building and surrounding grounds. The roof and low, light bley wall are great touches. Lovely interior scenes as well, I wonder where you got the inspiration for that! :laugh:

Glad to see you're not totally lost in space LJ!

Thanks, ME! :blush: Glad you to hear you like the style of Katoren. The beds were inspired by Gideon, but other than that, I just made it up :grin:

It was fun to build something castle again, though this space stuff is rather addicting :grin:

Excellent MOC LJ! The Technic cross bricks add a ton of character to this.

Thanks, man! Glad you like it :classic:

That's a beautiful hospital! The architecture, white structure, and roof are splendid together. (What color is the roof anyway?) The walled courtyard is also superb and altogether it just looks so inviting. The interior is equally good, from the made-up beds to the bedsheets pulled up on the patients to the various poses and expressions. Good work!

Thanks, Captain Dee! The roof is dark orange :classic:

Fantastic work, LittleJohn :wub:

I love the architecture and all the details :thumbup:

Thanks, Balbo! :classic:

The hospital looks great! That stone wall surrounding the building is really nice as is the way you made the occupied beds. Great work!

Very nice build, I like how both the exterior and interior look so good! Not sure if I've seen that technique with the 1x2x1 panels for offset stones before...?

I thought I recognized the hospital beds! Seems like the Black Brothers of Barqa use the same supplier for their furniture :wink:

UoP +1 for interior design.