Jim

[REVIEW] 2H 2015 Video Reviews

Well, form Jim's review I already was positive, but now I'm certain this merc will burn a (big) hole in my wallet. It's better then I expected!

But about the blue crane, was anyone else disappointed? In fact, I was more excited about it then the truck (I have a soft soft for big machinery) but it runs kind of jerky. And to rotate the boom you have to press a switch on the platform that is rotating? :sceptic:

@sariel - I agree that there is too much room between the wheels and the body. I would say that those wheels are a bit too small. Any chance for a photo with 5571 (Black Cat) wheels for a comparison?

I would feel grateful if I even got a chance to see 5571 in flesh, not to mention own one :)

Anyway, here's my review of the 42040 Fire Plane. I'm not going to list pros or cons this time because this set totally rocks. It made me forget all about the Cargo Plane and I will hug it and swoosh it and call it George ;)

Edited by Sariel

Pawel thanx for review! As always very professional outstanding work! The plane is lovely... :*

And more hamster performance for the next time! I have had the same hamster... :)

Max Supercars...

Edited by MaxSupercars

I would feel grateful if I even got a chance to see 5571 in flesh, not to mention own one :)

Gosh, I was sure you used them on your Tow Truck... Stupid me :)

Well, looks like the Blue Crane just got bumped out from my To-Buy list by the Fire Plain! that looks pretty sweet!

Thanks Sariel for the video! Soooo, when are you going to show us the B-Model :wink:?

The reviews have awesome quality Sariel. Both were very enjoyable. Will we also be seeing a review of the crane? Also in the video for the fire plane you placed one of the side stickers upside down :tongue: Sorry for nitpicking

Edited by Rishab N

Great reviews as always Sariel! Not into pneumatic that much and having got enough truck wheels so I think I'll pass the Mec. Like its look though.

Love the fire plane, mainly because its parts are a good complement to my collection.

Now, waiting for the last one with patience :grin:

Hmmm, my first thought was that the plane was probably Milan's design, and it's pretty awesome.

And the squirrel did awesome again in the video.

Edited by Lipko

Yes, I will be reviewing the crane this week too. But first, a video test of the new pneumatics :)

I didn't think they were particularly expensive? I bought one off bricklink a couple of years ago... but prices seem to have gone up. Maybe during the GFC was a particularly good time for that sort of shopping.

The Arocs video review was great, BTW. It's nice to see the little criticisms live in action. I'm actually kinda happy to see a model that doesn't have trial truck suspension because building street-only models around huge suspension travel annoys me. Admittedly with truck models scale sometimes suggests less than a stud of travel. Next I want to see decent steering lock (it's rare to see truck front wheels that can't turn at least 45 degrees each way).

Edited by Moz

Yes, I will be reviewing the crane this week too. But first, a video test of the new pneumatics :)

Oh yeah!

My review of the 42043:

Cheers Sariel, really entertaining and informative, and oh lawd the underside of that turntable looks like the entrance to Hades.

ALSO:

@33:49

YES

Edited by Gnac

the underside of that turntable looks like the entrance to Hades.

I assure you, the entrance to Hades has nothing on hamster's mouth ;)

tmp_sussle_1397982ee68ec34ad0ae5c0fe1e0bd63_850.jpg

I will never forget my first time seeing a hamster yawn. It went like that: so cute, so tiny, so fluffy, so OHGODWHATISTHATTHING!

I didn't think they were particularly expensive?

They ARE very expensive. You Need 12 and you have to calculate with at least 200€ probably even more...

Wow I thought this plane was simple and lacked functions but I was very wong.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy all 3 2015 sets now! -so lego must be doing something right.

The plane looks so fun to play with and I don't usually play much, just develop.

What shade of red parts does it use?

Edited by SNIPE

Sariel, am I missing sth? Where's the Crawler Crane review???

Where are the Crawler Crane reviews at all?????? I don't seem to find them.