Jim

[REVIEW] 2H 2015 Video Reviews

I don't mind disrespecting the deadlines, altough that is quite nasty, but if someone is given an upcoming set in advance and for free, then that lucky someone should be fair enough to present the whole set, with stickerz!!! Without stickers, the job is only half done and that is sad and lame! If the set is ment to be used further for mocing, the stickers can be removed easily! So, I'm still waiting for a proper presentation, thank you.

Hmm, I am a little disappointing, I thought the crane would be much cooler, I can see it is big, but in my opinion it lacks on details. Being blue is nice, something different for sure. The plate is ok, but I am not a big fan of planes so I will skip that. I am waiting for the Mercedes review - and hopefully someone (hey there Jim :laugh:) did a written review of it.

By the way, in August I have planned a trip in Vienna, do I have any change to find @ ToysrUs the Mercedes set ?

Thank you for sharing those reviews.

Somebody didn't respect the deadline :look:

Well, midnight doesn't mean a lot without time zone. :-S

I don't mind disrespecting the deadlines, altough that is quite nasty, but if someone is given an upcoming set in advance and for free, then that lucky someone should be fair enough to present the whole set, with stickerz!!! Without stickers, the job is only half done and that is sad and lame! If the set is ment to be used further for mocing, the stickers can be removed easily! So, I'm still waiting for a proper presentation, thank you.

Thank you for your very relevant message.

If you can't get over the missing stickers, then I am very sorry for you.

FYI, I offer to Lego fans the sets I get for review through TechLUG contests. So, I do my best to keep them as mint as possible. I doubt many people do the same with the sets they get for free from Lego...

Oh, by the way, the nasty guy has another review for you. And without sticker. :-O

http://www.techlug.f...lan-reindl-2015

edit :

http://www.techlug.fr/review-lego-technic/42043/mercedes-benz-arocs-3245-42043-markus-kossman-2015

Seeing as Lego is a Danish company, and Denmark is in the time zone it is, I can only imagine that when they say "July 1st" they mean three and a half hours from now:-)

Also, isn't the word "deadline" the opposite of what you mean?

Seeing as Lego is a Danish company, and Denmark is in the time zone it is, I can only imagine that when they say "July 1st" they mean three and a half hours from now:-)

Personally, since I publish my reviews at YT, I stick to YouTube's timezone which is California time. This way the video has the right date given by the YouTube itself. I don't think a few hours are worth bending the rules.

00:01 AM California time. Roughly 12 hours from now.

Edited by Sariel

Personally, since I publish my reviews at YT, I stick to YouTube's timezone which is California time. This way the video has the right date given by the YouTube itself. I don't think a few hours are worth bending the rules.

If I am not mistaken, you can set your time zone when you plan a video on Youtube. Why not use European time?

If I am not mistaken, you can set your time zone when you plan a video. Why not use European time?

You can. But it only affects when the video is actually published, now what date YouTube displays on it. These dates always follow YouTube's timezone, AKA California time.

You can. But it only affects when the video is actually published, now what date YouTube displays on it. These dates always follow YouTube's timezone, AKA California time.

Ahh okay, I didn't know that. Thanks.

Collection topic for 2H 2015 (Video) Reviews.

Written Review

http://www.techlug.f...l-jeppesen-2015

Review for the plane:

http://www.techlug.f...lan-reindl-2015

Hey Anio, for your crane vid and review, how is the new turntable? What makes it different then the old turntable regarding friction? It seems to be stronger than the old turntable, but are there are tiny plastic ball bearing or something inside it? Also, the inventory link for 42042 seems to be not found. Nice review still!

Inventories aren't available on Bricklink at the time of the first reviews coming out. This will take a few weeks/months.

The turntable itself is pretty much the same, except that :

- the upper side of the teeth are beveled

- it has 60 teeth (the old one has 56 teeth if I am correct)

No plastic ball. It is made out of 2 big parts like the old one, that you put togther.

Is the new turntable made like the small turntable, or does it snap in like the old big turntable?

Dear Anio, I apologise for maybe a too direct hit on you, and I find it very nice of you to give those sets away, but it doesn't matter what you do with them. I am sure you've earned to get sets for review with your work as an RLUG, I have nothing against that. I am happy for you, but still, what you've done is not a full review in my opinion and I am so over the missing stickers, because full reviews are coming.

Except the differences I pointed out, and as far as I can see, it is very similar to this turntable :

48452cx1.jpg?0791357P1040555.jpg

Another difference, which has little impact IMO : the hole in the middle of the new turntable has no teeth. The old one (pic above) has 24 teeth.

Thank you very much. Can you please make picture of the pure black site of the turntable?

Thank you very much. Can you please make picture of the pure black site of the turntable?

Nothing special on that side. Teeth are beveled only on the "grey side".

It would be shame if it is not supported on the edges, like the small turntable. If it is built like regular 56t turntable, it will entually pop out of under stress.

I thought there were clips visible on the other side showing that it is attached via the outer edge, as opposed to the current one which is only help together by the inner edge. if it is held by the outer edge it would make it a much better turntable.

Edited by allanp