UPDATE FEBRUARY 3rd

Second version of my Dairy Shop!

I made it more sturdy, and converted it into a modular. The roof was changed and a cellar at water level was added.

The dairy and cheese shop is run by Cam and Bert (... get it? Cam and Bert? Camembert?), who also live above their shop... seeing as nobody else wanted to live above that, erm, "aromatic" place.

The shop has a large cellar where cheese is made. A waterwheel powers the butter-churn.

Outside the shop a lot of wares are displayed; a variety of cheese, milk, cream, eggs etc.

The home upstairs has a living/kitchen, toilet, and a bedroom with ensuite in the attic.

24767718346_084656e54a_b.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

24498408760_be4b51957a_b.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

24167072253_2b51544a59_b.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

24165786374_52aa41c6d7_b.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

24793939955_f84df76069_b.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

24676108182_cc57e0cc96_c.jpgDairy Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE DECEMBER 16

Another little piece of my WIP Old Town Center is done; this time it’s a fishmonger.

I wanted the building to be a little brother to my green grocer, using dark colors instead of the lighter shades I used in my green grocer. I used mostly dark blue, shades of brown and gray.

The ground floor consist of the shop, with an office in the addition at the back. There’s a gate to the side for the delivery of supplies. On the right side is the entrance to the home above. The stoop to the front door is littered with potted plants and flowers.

Below the shop is a basement where the fish is prepared, gutted, smoked and stored. The wharf assures a constant stream of fresh fish, sold by local fishermen to the fishmonger.

Above the shop is a little home, with 2 bedrooms, 1.5 bath and a livingroom with open kitchen.

23490819736_17866345f8_b.jpgFishmonger by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

22889796743_aeddd88275_b.jpgFishmonger by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

22889797193_30c6fe8ce4_b.jpgFishmonger by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

23408428642_a4a19d244e_b.jpgFishmonger by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

22889797713_dbf02f3808_c.jpgFishmonger by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! 12 july

The Baker's Mill will be part of a larger complex with a bakery.

The design of the Mill is based on a Dutch 'Standerdmolen' (meaning literally "Mill on a stand")

The top part of the mill can turn to face the wind, and of course the sails can turn too.

Speaking of sails… seems like the miller's son has gotten himself in some trouble O_o

19414819160_d068d93969_b.jpg

Baker's Mill by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

19414819720_d6d6cf4f61_b.jpg

19602800105_7b4c47a47b_z.jpg

There's a little dock at the river where wheat and flour can be transported.

19602800315_aaa862825b_z.jpgBaker's Mill by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

There's also a little chicken coop and some beehives for fresh ingredients for the baker's baked goodies ^_^

19576621996_056d69acb4_z.jpg

19414768048_bcb7141ec3_z.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE! 29 june

Just finished another little part of my old town center ^_^

This is the tobacco shop of Chester Field, the little neighbor to Miss Clementine's Green Grocer.

18817559504_b1d7a5c98f_z.jpg

Tobacco Shop by Ben van Middendorp, on Flickr

It sells tobacco products, newspapers and magazines and some office supplies. And there's a gumballmachine outside.

At the back, one of Chester Field's trusted suppliers; Ziggy Rett, is about to unload a boatload of new merchandise straight into the cellar of the shop.

19440046745_b0ee6f500e_z.jpg

19252497378_977118a809_z.jpg

19253885999_c4bcbed165_z.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another part of my Old Town Center is done!

It's a Green Grocer, situated next to the water (river) and bridge.

Its architecture is based on old Dutch, German and Flemish buildings, with a big dose of my favorite artist; Anton Pieck.

The building has a cellar (stock room), a shop on the ground floor, and an apartment. There's also a little extension at the back. There's a pump outside, between the front door of the apartment and the bridge. The shop displays a variety of food stuffs outside.

The ugly black mess around the base hides some even uglier scaffolding. None of this will be visible as I build more around this part of the Town Center.

19267426182_6838f442e9_z.jpg

19085850858_2d2791538c_z.jpg

19085862518_031318c38e_z.jpg

19085864158_cd422c41c7_z.jpg

19087322699_123ffd252a_z.jpg

Miss Clementine greets her customers buying her fresh produce. Outside she has apples, pineapples, strawberries, bananas, cherries, pumpkins, chilies, juice and more on display. There's garlic hanging next to the door, doubling as a vampire repellant ^_^

19277342711_e36cd19ea7_z.jpg

Mr. Jonah Gold brings a fresh batch of bright red apples, straight from his farm! Artie Choke, the stock clerk, comes out to help him unload.

19087326799_f2d3aa6bde_z.jpg

Around back is the old little wharf, where produce can be brought by boat, straight into the cellar.

18650984724_a3bfc29c91_z.jpg

19247384226_3538e34463_z.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed!

Thanks! ^_^

Edited by Bennemans

Marvelous! Do you have some photos with other modules? What is the target size for the display?

Fantastic, wonderful, beautiful :wub: , etc., AWESOME work 'Bennemans', I look forward to your next update and Brick On ! :grin:

This is gorgeous!! I really like the wharf area, especially the view in the second last image.

Beautiful! The canal side reminds me of Venice. Hope the water doesn't get too high! Nice touch with the cattails and lily pads.

This is gorgeous!! I really like the wharf area, especially the view in the second last image.

I really do agree on this! - And with all the other comments. It is a brilliant MOC, Bennemans. I cannot wait to see a cityscape made with your buildings.

Another part of my Old Town Center is done!

It's a Green Grocer, situated next to the water (river) and bridge.

Its architecture is based on old Dutch, German and Flemish buildings, with a big dose of my favorite artist; Anton Pieck.

Yes yes, it certainly looks like old Dutch, German or Flemish buildings!

Beautiful! :thumbup:

Maybe you can add links to other parts that are already done?

Looking forward to seeing more...

Wow, just wow. I would even say this is better than any of the official Lego modular buildings. Can't wait to see the rest of the display!

Marvelous! Do you have some photos with other modules? What is the target size for the display?

Thanks! ^_^

I've just finished one more little module, I have finished some more buildings, but not ready to be added to the display yet.

The size I want it to be (my first estimate) would be about 8 time the size of this first part.

Fascinating. Is there an interior? I'm curious your technique for obtaining some of those structural angles...

The buildings have full finished interiors! But seeing as the buildings are no standard modular buildings, it's hard to take pictures of the inside.

There are no real advanced techniques in this build, just some standard SNOT work.

Thanks! ^_^ Just added a bit more!

Wow!

BRILLIANT tobacco shop there, congrats! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nice design throughout, and it perfectly captures the 'old town centre'-feel.

I especially love the view from the back with the steep gable - reminds me of all the medieval buildings in my home town that also have such a steep roof. If I ever get around to making a Lego version of the one I live in, I'll have to borrow some ideas from your roof construction :wink:

These houses look amazong. I cannot wait to see the other buildings already in the works!

Beautiful! Cracking MOC

Another great building! Keep 'em coming. :)

Very well done!

Fantastic, wonderful, beautiful :wub: , etc., AWESOME work 'Bennemans', I look forward to your next update and Brick On ! :grin:

Beautiful! The canal side reminds me of Venice. Hope the water doesn't get too high! Nice touch with the cattails and lily pads.

I really do agree on this! - And with all the other comments. It is a brilliant MOC, Bennemans. I cannot wait to see a cityscape made with your buildings.

These houses look amazong. I cannot wait to see the other buildings already in the works!

Beautiful. With a few changes this would also be a perfect medieval city.

Thanks everybody! ^_^

I've just added some pictures of a little addition; the town mill!

19414819160_d068d93969_c.jpg

see OP for more ^^^^^

Wow. Just...wow.

Your mill is yet another absolutely stunning build. Love every part of it, so many details everywhere and nice architectural touches, too.

Must've been quite hard to get it to remain upright.

Can it actually turn?

All these old times structures and scenery is just wonderful and I can't wait to see more.......Brick On 'Bennemans' ! :grin:

Wow. Just...wow.

Your mill is yet another absolutely stunning build. Love every part of it, so many details everywhere and nice architectural touches, too.

Must've been quite hard to get it to remain upright.

Can it actually turn?

Thanks ^_^

It was quite hard to keep it upright at first; the top part was only connected to the small bottom building by 2 studs, and it would fall over when you sneezed at it. It is now attached by 4 studs to a turning plate with an axle running through it, giving it much more stability and making it turn with ease.

The top (dark green) part turns on the bottom piramid-y building. irl you'd turn the wheel at the bottom of the staircase which would pull the mill by rope to the left or right.

Of course the sails can turn around as well, but I did not motorize it

This is a great mill! Is it supposed to be a 'wip mill'?

It's based on a standerdmolen. A wip mill would have a bigger base and a smaller top, but other then that they are very similar.

Edited by Bennemans