Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

The Algus Saga: Warning Nordheim

Many sinister rumors had been heard throughout Mitgardia, concerning a new foe from the North, but there were few reliable reports of what exactly was happening. Official messengers had been dispatched to various cities and villages across Mitgardia to inform them of the little that was known for sure: strange white warriors were attacking, and Mitgardia would need to stand united to withstand them. A new fortress, Rekkrfell, was being constructed as a bastion against the frozen folk, and all able Mitgardian warriors were called to rally to it.

A messenger warns the watchmen at Nordheim's gate:

overview.JPG

front.JPG

angled.JPG

side.JPG

back.JPG

horse.JPG

figs.JPG

Video showing construction:

C&C welcome, it was good to build in Mitgardia again :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Great little build SK, your snowscape looks really pretty as always! :thumbup:

I love the snowy terrain, and the details on the fort are nice too!

Excellent snow-scape and gatehouse SK, the beginnings of the wooden barricade are great as well, and I really like the barrels you have incorporated into the wall :thumbup::classic:

Great as always, especially the snow, but somehow I don't like the large gaps at the sides of the gate.

Ahh, this build. As said on Flickr, great work! Love the wood-work!

This is a lovely scene considering the fact that it contains so few colors. The gatehouse looks excellent with that solid structure and the tan roofs provide a nice contrast. The gaps around the doors are a bit wide but the doors themselves look nice. My favorite feature is the snow. It just looks absolutely perfect and makes excellent use of the various straight and curved slopes. Good work as usual!

Lovely woodwork SK! Really loving that gate and the differing sized palisades to the right. The corner posts made from 1x1 round bricks and barrels is a nice touch and helps add some diversity to the gate structure. I also like how the gate is set into the build at an off-angle. The shields set into the roof eaves is also great. I agree with Dee that the doors look good but the gap is just a tad too wide. In any case, excellent work and another solid entry into this very interesting saga!

Really great snowscaping SK :) The woodwork is also geat, I like the silver arrows used in the logs.

Awesome, as usual.

Thanks Graham :classic:

Great little build SK, your snowscape looks really pretty as always! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai!

Great build. I like how the gate is constructed :)

Thanks!

I love the snowy terrain, and the details on the fort are nice too!

Thank you :classic:

The fort is nice, and the snow is awesome done

Thanks!

Excellent snow-scape and gatehouse SK, the beginnings of the wooden barricade are great as well, and I really like the barrels you have incorporated into the wall :thumbup::classic:

Thanks Garmadon, barrels are fun to use, I just need to get more for use on a larger scale :classic:

Great as always, especially the snow, but somehow I don't like the large gaps at the sides of the gate.

Thanks kabel, and good point about those gaps, usually I fill them in :look:

Great job! I love how you made the snow and the gate :thumbup:

Thanks!

Superb gatehouse! I really like the roofs and you did a great job with the irregular base too :thumbup:

Thanks LJ, the irregular base was pretty fun to build :classic:

Ahh, this build. As said on Flickr, great work! Love the wood-work!

Thanks Adair :classic:

I always enjoy how you do your woodwork.

Thanks Blufiji, glad you like my wooden buildings as they're some of my favorite things to build :classic:

Awesome as always SK!

Thanks LV :classic:

Pretty much a perfect Mitgardian MOC SK! :thumbup:

Thanks!

Dun dun dun! Very nice!

Thank you :classic:

This is a lovely scene considering the fact that it contains so few colors. The gatehouse looks excellent with that solid structure and the tan roofs provide a nice contrast. The gaps around the doors are a bit wide but the doors themselves look nice. My favorite feature is the snow. It just looks absolutely perfect and makes excellent use of the various straight and curved slopes. Good work as usual!

Thanks Captain Dee, I've found that subdued colorscheme for winter scenes can look quite pretty :classic:

Lovely woodwork SK! Really loving that gate and the differing sized palisades to the right. The corner posts made from 1x1 round bricks and barrels is a nice touch and helps add some diversity to the gate structure. I also like how the gate is set into the build at an off-angle. The shields set into the roof eaves is also great. I agree with Dee that the doors look good but the gap is just a tad too wide. In any case, excellent work and another solid entry into this very interesting saga!

Thanks ME!

Really great snowscaping SK :) The woodwork is also geat, I like the silver arrows used in the logs.

Thanks Gunman, I thought the spears were a nice finishing touch for the palisade :classic:

Nice little gate :classic: The snowdrifts look great, as does the towers. Well done!

Thank you!

And if anyone's interested, I've posted a video showing the construction of this MOC: