Sign in to follow this  
Lady K

[M-B06] Sorn: Do I Really Want To Know What That Is?

[M-B06] Sorn Supply/Science Station

28 Junali 3815

Lady Kianna, Engineer’ Log:

Water, water everywhere. I have found a shallow slow moving current of Awesomnium flowing with the mineral rich waters of Sorn. The only land available is sharp small islands (rich with Awesomnium) but very difficult to build on. I have chosen a site above the current to build a platform supply and science/research station. Big Sal arrived as I was finished so I left him to set up his supplies and experiments while I went back to the supply ship for more stock items.

18627250924_f9de36ee87_c.jpg

One of the perks of this particular job is I get to be the first to test the M.A.N.T.I.S. RHIB 2000. With a large area for supplies and even larger super charged turbo fan engines made to deliver heavy supply loads in a quick amount of time, I returned to the base in time for a shocking sight.

19064168379_99027906cf_c.jpg

Big Sal had his experiments set up and things are……growing quickly….too quickly…I’m not sure I want to know what is in those two tanks on one of the platforms, and why is there a glowing spider sitting atop a vial of something?……

18629855273_cac94a981d_c.jpg

As I unload the supplies, Big Sal waves and heads up the ladder to the roof. I follow and immediately feel concerned……carrots are not supposed to look like that, there is large disturbingly green leafy things and a good portion of the metal I had used on the roof and equipment has turned the color of the Awesomnium (note to self…eat MREs this week even though they really are Made Rarely Edible).

19062818598_6b8631d0de_c.jpg

I suddenly remember I have forgotten something important back at the resupply ship and take the RHIB 2000 out to deep sea……empty cargo space with full throttle I can at least temporarily forget what I saw and what I will probably have to eat next week…….

19250423235_c3384fd59e_c.jpg

Hope you enjoyed B06 Sorn. C&C Welcome.

Nice build! Like that boat. And as someone who has had MRE's, I can say that they're not too bad, as long as you know which ones to grab...

Woah, impressive scale! Really like the little details, gotta love Sal's love of injecting things with Awsomnium! :wink:

Holy Kawa!! :oh::thumbup:

That's gigantic... So many blue 1x1... :wub: So many details... I just don't know what to say... The boat, the plants, the bridges. Woah. Awesome. Will have to take a closer look.

Edited by Niloc

Really sweet build Lady K! I really like the walkways between the buildings and docks, really interesting technique there. :thumbup:

Love your that unique look of a big Mantis base on water. The colors really make this something special. Great work !

Wow, studs everywhere! I really like this! Nicely done Lady K! :thumbup:

All that water looks beautiful! The platform is also really well done, and great use of those airjitzu tops!

A great little boat and a simply immense build. The various experiments are really cool. Stunned by the water on parts count alone!

The various bridges connecting little platforms makes for a really pretty build :wub: And you made good use of axles for the bridges :thumbup:

Neat boat and scientific thingamabobs too :classic:

Beautiful water, gorgeous fauna, and I love the walkways! Looks exactly like I'd imagine a M.A.N.T.I.S. build out there in the big sea! I wonder how Big Sal and Lady K get along just the two of them. Looks like lonely work.

Woah, that looks so cool! Those bridges are genius, and the new clear dome things from the Ninjago sets look great!

The boat is awesome, and the colors here are fantastic!

Excellent build, the huge water-scape is very nice and I'm with the others about the airjitzu tops! :thumbup: Great job on the base and boat as well - leaving Big Sal in charge might not have been the best idea though! :laugh:

Wow! :wub: This may be my favourite build of the game so far! Considering how long it'll take to pick up all those studs, I admire your dedication to M.A.N.T.I.S.! :grin:

I wonder how Big Sal and Lady K get along just the two of them.

Not very well it seems, considering how much a hurry Lady K was in to get away :grin:

Nice build! Like that boat. And as someone who has had MRE's, I can say that they're not too bad, as long as you know which ones to grab...

Thank you, I really like the boat it was fun to build. I have a few modifications in mind for a future build. :classic:

This is amazing!

Thanks. :classic:

That's a lot of studs. :wacko:

Stunning build! :thumbup:

Thanks. I had all those 1x1s in a box just lying around waiting for something like this. :classic:

Woah, impressive scale! Really like the little details, gotta love Sal's love of injecting things with Awsomnium! :wink:

Thank you. It was really fun to do this build. :classic:

Holy Kawa!! :oh::thumbup:

That's gigantic... So many blue 1x1... :wub: So many details... I just don't know what to say... The boat, the plants, the bridges. Woah. Awesome. Will have to take a closer look.

Thanks. It all started with the platforms and just sort of took off. :classic:

Wow! That is quite large. So much amazing details. Great Job!

Thank you. :classic:

Really sweet build Lady K! I really like the walkways between the buildings and docks, really interesting technique there. :thumbup:

Thanks. I used Hero Factory ammo belts with small wheel bases in-between. :classic:

Love your that unique look of a big Mantis base on water. The colors really make this something special. Great work !

Thank you. I am glad the colors turned out well. :classic:

Wow, studs everywhere! I really like this! Nicely done Lady K! :thumbup:

Thanks. :classic:

All that water looks beautiful! The platform is also really well done, and great use of those airjitzu tops!

Thank you. I just got two airjitzu sets on Friday. As soon as I opened them the idea came to me as science growing tanks. :classic:

you outdone yourself on this one Lady!

Thank you. :classic:

So many 1x1s. So... many. Love the boat and the walkways. And the sheer scale. Great job! :thumbup:

Thanks. I definitely have room for expansion on the other platforms..... :sweet:

A great little boat and a simply immense build. The various experiments are really cool. Stunned by the water on parts count alone!

Thank you. It was fun to create the experiments. And fun to use all my water parts too. :classic:

The various bridges connecting little platforms makes for a really pretty build :wub: And you made good use of axles for the bridges :thumbup:

Neat boat and scientific thingamabobs too :classic:

Thank you. The bridges are slightly different based on the two different small wheel bases I used. I wished I had more after using them up. :laugh::classic:

Really nice work! I like those bridges!

Thanks. They were fun to build. :classic:

Beautiful water, gorgeous fauna, and I love the walkways! Looks exactly like I'd imagine a M.A.N.T.I.S. build out there in the big sea! I wonder how Big Sal and Lady K get along just the two of them. Looks like lonely work.

Thank you. I have various Bionicle and Hero Factory parts floating around just because they look neat, now I got to use some of them. We got along fine....really....which is why I really really needed to take a speed boat trip out to deep sea. :grin:

Woah, that looks so cool! Those bridges are genius, and the new clear dome things from the Ninjago sets look great!

The boat is awesome, and the colors here are fantastic!

Thank you. I only wished I had time for more as I got carried away with the idea. My poor communications tower and secondary platform didn't show up well as they were in the back...... :classic:

Excellent build, the huge water-scape is very nice and I'm with the others about the airjitzu tops! :thumbup: Great job on the base and boat as well - leaving Big Sal in charge might not have been the best idea though! :laugh:

Thank you. Next time he will be supervised......or I'll have to find a solution to keep the metal/equipment from turning due to the pure Awesomnium levels he uses.... :classic:

Wow! :wub: This may be my favourite build of the game so far! Considering how long it'll take to pick up all those studs, I admire your dedication to M.A.N.T.I.S.! :grin:

Not very well it seems, considering how much a hurry Lady K was in to get away :grin:

Thanks. I still have the build on the photography table to admire for a couple more days (not because I'll have to pick them up one by one by one.....) :laugh:

I love the scale of the complex, and of course the NPU in every corner. The story is also quite good, especially the way you played off of Sal's...reputation. :grin:

Edited by rodiziorobs

Very cool. Has a sort of Mass Effect vibe. There's a section of Virmire with metallic causeways and platforms (though over jungle, not water) that this reminds me of!