Sign in to follow this  
Andrew JN

[M - E02] Battle of Jurin II

Tags: E02, MANTIS, Piracy

Log_M_3:

After M.A.N.T.I.S. received reports of Octan intel gathering Biomass from the stomachs of the great Vlorms in the forests of Jurin II, I have been sent out to pick up the packages they have very kindly (and unknowingly) prepared for us. The exact location of where I have been sent happens to be the great mushroom forests of Sector E02....

End_Log

19246692865_cd450e1eb8_c.jpgAG: Battle of Jurin II by Andrew JN, on Flickr

18626787453_d5e485ac2b.jpg

18902801215_7b16399f5e_t.jpg Mission has been a success. Will rendezvous to :::::::::::

Log_M_3_1:

Mission success! I hope Big Sal will find this biomass useful, because I am not one of those sciency types, so I don't see the point of gathering this icky stuff... Anyway, that's all for today's work.

End_Log

----------------------------------

Well that was a fun build! I really like how the giant mushrooms turned out! And the mechs of course! Originally, I was going to have the Vlorm be alive, but as I was creating it, I decided I would rather have it dead... since it was (and still is!) pretty creepy...... Anyway, bonus pics!

19059784918_517daf175a.jpg

19247366215_25e590858b.jpg

19221272436_f745534dfb.jpg

19221261546_1ffdb56bde.jpg

19059745700_6d06831816.jpg

19059740350_63f1a538bb.jpg

19240787342_5f0e34b0ca.jpg

Also, the mechs!

19358234326_b324d929a6.jpg

19378146632_e0beef5b15.jpg

Edited by Andrew JN

Wow that is an epic build. My favorite part is the tire worm and the giant shrooms. It makes the minifigs look very small. Great work!

Really great build. I love the "mushroomy" environment and the mechs, but most of all the Vlorm! It kinda reminds me of the Ohm from Nausicaä! :classic:

Another huge fantastic build!

The spinner-mushrooms are really clever, as are the big ones... Great and busy landscape, worthy of an epic battle. That mushroom forest will be hard to top in the mushroom category! :laugh:

That MANTIS battlesuit has style :thumbup: I could go on...

This is just stunning. Everything is awesome! The mechs, the big alien creature and those mushrooms remind me of Zangarmarsh. :laugh::thumbup:

Excellent build! The landscape is really neat and both those mechs look great! - especially the Octan one, of course... :grin:

Great mushrooms! Reminds me a bit of Felucia from the Clone Wars. Love the color and the scale. That worm is great too, but then there are mecha in there as well! I'm glad you isolated each one as their details are a little hard to make out in the build along with the other elements. Pretty epic build. :thumbup:

The Vlorm is definitely creepy *huh* Wonderful work with the alien landscape, the irregular base, and mushrooms look terrific :thumbup:

Epic Mechs too :wub:

It is like World of Warcraft meets Starcraft! Cool build with a totally creepy alien. Those are some nice battlesuits!

Yuck yuck yuck, so creepy and realistic! Boss landscaping, and those mushrooms (big and small) are fantastic! Epic mechs too, and I like how you mixed bionicle/HF pieces with system pieces.

That creature is fantastic, and suitably creepy :oh: Then of course, the mushrooms, the mechs, and the whole composition of it all really fits perfectly together. I don't know how you do it!

Edited by rodiziorobs

Tire worms! FTW!

I really like those mushrooms. I wish I could think up neat alien flora and fauna as easily as some of the others do. I need to trawl deviantart more for inspiration!

Great stuff all around here! The worm is suitably creepy with those tentacles and the big mushrooms are sweet. :thumbup:

The straightness of the mushroom stalks is a bit odd though, I wish there was some curvature or angle to them.