Werlu Ulcur

Blue Power Jet

I'm not really into Lego airplanes, but after reading CapnRex101's review, I got very curious about the set. As luck would have it I found one for a great price and on a whim bought it. And yes, it's a VERY nice set:

Raptor_1.jpg

Raptor_2.jpg

Raptor_3.jpg

The build is quite interesting, specially the wings, and as a huge bonus (to me at least), it's minifig scale :sweet:. I think it does a very good job of representing the Raptor, though I would say this is a "test" version. As soon as I finished putting it together I was on BL looking for the extra parts to have it "weaponized" :blush:. It's going to take a while to receive all the orders but when they arrive I'll show what became of my F-22. Nothing outstanding, but it will look more serious. Or I hope.

Thanks! And yes, the cockpit is REALLY nice:

Raptor_4.jpg

Raptor_5.jpg

Raptor_6.jpg

As I said, a pretty nifty set. Honestly, I didn't expect it to be so nice.

1. F-22 has two engines.

2. 99% of the time an armed F-22 would have weapons in the internal weapons bays. Weapons on the wings kind of defeat the purpose of stealth.

Hi! I'm Jonno and this is my first post on eurobricks. I've read plenty of reviews and love the forum but have never posted until now.

I absolutely love this set and decided it needed a few slight changes.

I made a few mods to the set and found some suitable pilots too! (A-wing flight suits and old x168 helmet with black visors)

1. I've also changed the back from a single afterburner like an F-35 to having twin engines like an F-22.
  2. The rear landing gear is smaller and is now concealed with hinged covers during flight.
  3. The engine bay has added hoses and dials.
  4. Obviously the colour scheme has changed and a few minor other changes to the appearance of the jet have been made.
  5. A U.S flag has been added to the tail and a tail number added on the other side.

Full_Size_Render.jpg

U.S flag on the tail and modified engine bay (new hoses and dials)

IMG_4562.jpg

Closer to the F-22 than before...

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Shorter and smaller landing gear down

IMG_4567.jpg

All strapped in

IMG_4573.jpg

My two pilots

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

From the front

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Landing gear up and concealed -

IMG_4569.jpg

Finally got around to modifying and making some shots of my Raptor:

Raptor_7.jpg

Raptor_8.jpg

Now I think it looks a bit more "serious", and as a bonus it blends pretty nicely with other SHIELD hardware :classic:.

That's exactly what I wanted to do to this set, nice job, these creator sets are asking to be weaponized, look what I did to 31023 yellow racers set:

15516396322_91d0d1fa8b.jpg5 by Nom Carver, en Flickr

Finally got around to modifying and making some shots of my Raptor:

Now I think it looks a bit more "serious", and as a bonus it blends pretty nicely with other SHIELD hardware :classic:.

I know this is kind of an old topic, but I have to say, your modifications look great! Most Power Jet Mods I've seen change it to either entirely light bluish gray or entirely dark bluish gray, but I feel this removes the visual appeal; yours maintains the look while instantly becoming significantly more serious. Great job!

My two pilots

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Awesome mod's.

Might have to do the shorter landing gear mod.

Got the same minifigs for my pilots as well. Though I used some Star Wars type helmets that had very conservative printing.