Sign in to follow this  
Bregir

The Twins [HSS: Military, Nautical]

Hereby a freebuild I've got sitting on a shelf for a looong time.

19046407860_3acd92e5c0_c.jpg

In the Northwest of the Trifork, the Twins command the only river running from the Lake of the Trifork. All the other rivers are upstream from the Lake, supplying it with melting water from the cold north, rainwater from the central plains surrounding Cedrica and muddy waters from the forests of north west Kaliphlin.

19046446318_ebea83e5e3_c.jpg

Via the water locks, the water level of the lake can be managed, including raising it to flood the lowlands south of the Trifork in case of attack or siege, limiting access to one metalled road, easing defenses.

19234029965_28ca9cd41d_c.jpg

The water lock at the Twins is one of two, allowing traffic to pass through with minimal decrease in the water levels of the lake. The second one is upstream in the middle of the city.

19047866579_04b8a0b335_c.jpg

Apart from the towers themselves, the defenses also include a chain mechanism to block of the river (and to protect the waterlocks in times of peace).

19207928136_50ecff6d71_c.jpg

This is a build for the HSS challenge. Thanks for looking - C&C welcome :classic:

I really like the idea with this one! The cut off segment with the water cut of aswell is a great detail! Bravo!!

I also had thought to make GOT inspired twin fortresses across a river from each other. Yours turned out great. Very good execution of the idea!

Very nice build Bregir! The little ship looks great! An excellent idea too! :thumbup:

Very nice towers and excellent water lock Bregir, the cut-away landscaping is great as well! :thumbup::sweet:

This is an excellent idea and very nicely built as well. The towers are unique and interesting and look more than capable of performing their intended function. The locks are brilliant, and the photo showing the larger vessel passing through is wonderful. The cutaway is a good idea and the rest of the landscape looks good too. Nice work!

Sweet design for the water gates! I really like that you included cranks and chains to show how they close :thumbup: Great towers too :classic:

Excellent build Bregir, those are some formidable river defenses for sure! The water lock design is awesome too, as is that little boat! Great stuff.