Sign in to follow this  
Hanso

Building the Taj Mahal 10189

Started a new thread.

Just started building the Taj Mahal 10189. Bought this set two or three years ago, built it just once and now building it again.

Most time of the building is searching through all the bags with these huge number of bricks....

You can follow my progress at my Flickr page: https://www.flickr.c...157654717414960

18577209524_58d638bb57.jpg

Enjoy.

/Hans

I agree, although building the Taj Mahal is (apart from time consuming) sometimes boring. If you take a look at the building instructions, you will notice that lots of the parts are "do this four times". Since finding the bricks in the bags is the part that takes most of the time, I build the four times parallel.

But I'm not complaining. I'm happy to own one of the original sets. The current price for a new set is now at Bricklink around 2000 euro's and even the instructions are new at BL not under 249 euro! I cannot believe that there are people out there that pay these prices....

/Hans

I agree, although building the Taj Mahal is (apart from time consuming) sometimes boring. If you take a look at the building instructions, you will notice that lots of the parts are "do this four times". Since finding the bricks in the bags is the part that takes most of the time, I build the four times parallel.

But I'm not complaining. I'm happy to own one of the original sets. The current price for a new set is now at Bricklink around 2000 euro's and even the instructions are new at BL not under 249 euro! I cannot believe that there are people out there that pay these prices....

/Hans

Looool...still we didn't go Crazy to pay such a $$$$

I have 3, I havent ever built one, just parted them into my collection. For some reason it doesnt interest me much, I have the Tower Bridge built, I quite like that.

Three sets.... never built one.... I think there are some people out there who are a little bit jealous.... :wacko:

Do you have the plates I'm looking for (dark blue, 2x2, 61x) for building the VW Beetle (see my other thread)? Willing to buy!

/Hans

New photo's have been added to my Flickr page:

Current status is ''almost finished building".

19446930415_f4d6942b4f_z.jpg

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Finished building the Taj Mahal. Took some hours ;-). As said earlier: building was sometimes boring, doing the stuff four times in a row. But the result is still worth the effort.

19526737051_f26360a138_c.jpg.

Enjoy,

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Just done building my Taj Mahal.

Had it already with box and instructions but sold it 2 years ago for an offer i cant reject.

Just Bricklinked this one together with Market Street. I actually BLed 2x Taj Mahal and 3x Market Street in 22 orders, just to share some costs and making some friends whos not familiar with BL really happy.

Taj Mahal pieces are ALL new and accurate (except 3 technic bricks which are not seen really), i was not so lucky with Market Street, had to replace some and buy some used.

Some pics;

21214726703_374def3e6e_b.jpg

21214724123_9679283688_b.jpg

21213036224_b138018dc1_b.jpg

21823934632_f68b197065_b.jpg

21809649346_876c00f04d_b.jpg

21213031484_b0600a39c9_b.jpg

21823929672_5b60c247c6_b.jpg

21214717023_0806c09d7b_b.jpg

21647739330_c416492043_b.jpg

21809642356_a4927da7ae_b.jpg

Could you tell how much brickling one version of the Taj Mahal has cost roughly? Did you found all parts across Europe?

Wow, amazing. That's a lot of Lego you got there.

And the result is great, love it.

Cheers.

/Hans

Could you tell how much brickling one version of the Taj Mahal has cost roughly? Did you found all parts across Europe?

All orders are from European stores except 1, which is from Malaysia.

I have ordered pieces mixed for both sets so don't know exactly how much each set costs, but for 2x Taj Mahal and 3x Market Street we've paid 2600 US$. That includes all extras, shipping etc. Took me 5 days to search for cheap and new parts, find stores with optimal shipping costs and complete orders.