Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Challenge IV Cat D: Parade of Barqa

The soldiers of Barqa and Benoic. Now parading side by side in the great city of Barqa. Side by side as they have been doing in the tragic civil war in Kaliphlin...

Lord de Gothia and Sir Gideon were proud of their loyalty, pride and engagement. Nothing could seperate this mighty alliance!

19001620849_140686577c_z.jpg

18565336894_1715074bc7_z.jpg

19242313685_01465aceec_z.jpg

18621266913_bb47bfb568_z.jpg

19055659999_ca6d59afa5_z.jpg

Edited by de Gothia

Very nice! The double arch is really cool and the rest of the architecture is spot-on. :thumbup:

A fantastic build! I really like the atmosphere that's shown through the figs. The whole scene is great but I'd like some more detailed pics!

Very nice build dG! Looks very Kaliphlinian and the ending house is great with that roof and the use of sand green! :thumbup: Only nitpick is that we need some more pictures! :classic:

Fantastic work :wub:

I love all the little details in your creation. The houses look great and I like how you made the palm :thumbup:

Amazing work DG! Those fences in front of DG are AWESOME... From the elf series I guess?

Very nice and colorful as always, and I really like how the sand green/tan building came out. I'm gonna have to remember that one.

Thanks everyone!!

Updated the first post with some more pics.

Gunman, yes indeed they are from the new elf serie.

Well done! Lots of pretty architecture, as I've come to expect in your builds :thumbup: Lots of neat details amongst the figs as well, and the long strand of flags is cool.

You did a good job sticking with mainly tans, yet adding enough brighter colors to keep things from blending together :classic:

Nice busy scene with lovely architecture, I particularly like the house to the right with it's interesting mix of classical European and Middle-Eastern architecture :thumbup:

Great use of those new Elves fences as well.

The huge archways to the left look more like a triumphal arch than a gate in a defensive wall to me, but as I've already earlier described that Barqa has numerous older wall segments within the city (rendered obsolete as the city has grown) it is perfectly reasonable that a big opening has been created in an older wall :classic:

(And finally a big thanks for building the parade I did not find time to build myself :wink:)

Edited by Gideon

That's a fine setting for a parade. The double-archway on the one end and the big building on the other frame the scene well. The columns, arches and new fences look great and I like the decorated roof too. The roadbed does seem sparse but with so much going on it's not a big deal. Good work!

Very lovely scene, so much life and color in this build! Superb architecture and parade entries. As much as it saddens me to see brave DK troops paraded as cattle, it is also a little funny. Like others have mentioned, the double archway is particularly impressive. Great work dG!

Really nice build with just the perfect balance between architectural details and minifig scenery. Great!

Fantastic work de Gothia! :D I likee the clean texture, and that double arch is just lovely as well! I also like how you have some people in cages, and some chained; overall wonderful job!