Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

MOC Fort Elysabeth

"Fort Elysabeth was constructed in the year of our Lord 1561, to keep the valuable spice trade flowing, and is named after one of our most competent Queens, Elyzabeth 'The Great'.

It was built using the most innovative techniques, to ensure the wealth coming from the Colonies, and played an active role in the Blood-Red wars, during wich Port Elysabeth was several times captured by the Bluecoats, but the fort was always held by the central Redcoat command. During these wars, there was a small garisson stationed. This was sufficient to keep the intruders out, as the Fort had no dead zones and was designed to conduct the enemy into special killing grounds. And so the bastion was untakable from land nor sea, and one of the best forts that is ever constructed by mankind."

-Fragment out of "Modern Warfare and Fortbuilding", by Robin Waste

This is my first pirate fort ever, and originally designed as exercise for non-90°-angles. Hope you guys like it! And thank you Blufiji and SK for explaining me the road. CC very appreciated, as Fort Elyzabeth was designed to improve my building skills

Overall view

19147394405_1b1ddc23c3_z.jpg

Entrance

19121223746_e2fbda29fc_z.jpg

From above

18959690570_df56ebb587_z.jpg

Left side

19141644912_5586bbef8a_z.jpg

Right side

19121270456_e0332d586a_z.jpg

Back side

18524855164_26cd709189_z.jpg

The starpoints are removable

18959808608_3e92d4841e_z.jpg

Front withouth starpoints

18959691440_25e9961ca7_z.jpg

The waterfall

18524861594_ec07fed21f_z.jpg

Edited by TitusV

Wow. That pathway is just genius. I'd offer more thoughts, but I can't think of any, this build is just so good. Keep it up man. pirate_classic.gif

That's a serious first attempt! Star forts aren't very common and this partial design is nice. Does it have cannons? I ask because the star concept was designed to allow cannon fire to cover all approaching angles, with guns firing parallel to each star-point wall to form a crossfire beyond each point. Regardless, those angled sections are fine and the rest of the terrain is good. Now stock up on men and supplies and you'll be ready for action! Good work.

Thank you for all the good comments! Captain dee, i don't have cannons :( and i don't have the bricks to make the star great enough so one could put cannons in it, but i designed it so that there are looking/shooting holes that can cover all approaching angles. But by this i wanna do a call for everyone with more bricks and cannons than me: use the design for my points, and make a huge starfort with it, one with seven starpoints or so... If one wishes i could give him pics of the points so one could see how it's build

Edited by TitusV

Yeah, I noticed the openings and thought that's what you had in mind. Even if you don't have the standard cannons you could make your own custom barrels and carriages. I know they take several parts but there are some simple designs that should work for something small like this. Either way, keep on building Pirates!

Outstanding work on the floors and angles! You've really taken the technique to heart and it paid off.

Outstanding work on the floors and angles! You've really taken the technique to heart and it paid off.

Thank you. Coming from a master, that means a lot!

I like your creation with a hisorical background. You're a masterbuilder. Do you know where the fort is situated? I advise you to upload it on LEGO Ideas. It will be a success.

I like your creation with a hisorical background. You're a masterbuilder. Do you know where the fort is situated? I advise you to upload it on LEGO Ideas. It will be a success.

I made up the historical background, is is located on Port Elysabeth, a fictive island. A masterbuilder? You make me blush. And lego ideas? I don't think i can make it again exact the same, and i really wouldn't know how to make the building instructions... Except if i had LLD... How do you get that?

I made up the historical background, is is located on Port Elysabeth, a fictive island. A masterbuilder? You make me blush. And lego ideas? I don't think i can make it again exact the same, and i really wouldn't know how to make the building instructions... Except if i had LLD... How do you get that?

http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx?icmp=COUSCreateShareSL100LDD

Hi, Titus V. I never use LDD, Ive been creating LEGO sets using real bricks for 25 years now. You don't need to make building instructions for LEGO ideas. The Group staff does them themselves if you win. My project Pirates Battle island was admitted after many attemps. You can support it their. BUT I'm a new member here and don't know how to upload MOC-s. Every time I try to log in to my folder to upload MOC in Brickshelf, I see "log in faild" I have 21 posts now - minimum is 10! What's to be done?And is it possible to upload here without Flickr or Brickshelf? Thanks a lot. Keep on creating - your set is just super.

Great work! I like the angles. Moreover the technique for the path looks nice, too :thumbup:

Hi, Titus V. I never use LDD, Ive been creating LEGO sets using real bricks for 25 years now. You don't need to make building instructions for LEGO ideas. The Group staff does them themselves if you win. My project Pirates Battle island was admitted after many attemps. You can support it their. BUT I'm a new member here and don't know how to upload MOC-s. Every time I try to log in to my folder to upload MOC in Brickshelf, I see "log in faild" I have 21 posts now - minimum is 10! What's to be done?And is it possible to upload here without Flickr or Brickshelf? Thanks a lot. Keep on creating - your set is just super.

It could be there's another way, but if there is, i wouldn't know it, as i always use flickr (i even made a flickraccount to post my pics here). And right now i'm creating for GoH, but if i god another good idea for a Fort (don't expect boats from me), i'll let you know.

Hi, TitusV. I see a minifigure on top of the fort, so it's a British soldier - redcoat. Why' then is the flag blue? Would you change it to be more realistic? (just an advice).

The redcoats are the soldiers of the Colonies (my redcoats), while Blue is the color of the queen and the Empire (bluecoats). Since the BloodRed wars (the war of Independence of the Colonies) was won by the Empire,the Blue flag still files aboce the Colonial Fort.

This is the story-reason, in fact i just don't have any bluecoats but ibprefer them over redcoast. As i wanted such a cool fort to be held by my favoured faction, i planted a Blue flag on top of IT.