Sign in to follow this  
Ecclesiastes

Figbarfs for the win!

Hmm yeah those Chima's are about as close as you can get to LEGO Khajiit, I was actually reminded of Stalhrim armor when I saw some of the different Ice Clan, I believe they are called, minifigs.

Hmm yeah those Chima's are about as close as you can get to LEGO Khajiit, I was actually reminded of Stalhrim armor when I saw some of the different Ice Clan, I believe they are called, minifigs.

Indeed. I was about to use one of those "Ice Clan" armors but I acquire them after I built these Minifigures :classic:

Those Ice armors could also "count as" "Glass Armor". I have still to try them but you can "attach" one part on the front and two (or a two "studs wide" one) on the rear. That means you can in some way recreate the "double colors" look of the armors, like the steal/iron parts on Stalhrim armor or the gold in the Eleven Glass one by using small parts (like 1x1 rounded plates, for example) of the proper color :classic:

I think with some work those Chima parts can be very useful for Fantasy projects :classic:

Very nice work! Although I haven't played Skyrim yet, I like how you made the minifigures. The idea using Chima parts is great and an interesting choice.

The minifigures look cool and turned out great. The weapons you made are nice, especially the one you made by using the lightsaber part :classic:

Edited by Balbo

Very nice work! Although I haven't played Skyrim yet, I like how you made the minifigures. The idea using Chima parts is great and an interesting choice.

The minifigures look cool and turned out great. The weapons you made are nice, especially the one you made by using the lightsaber part :classic:

Thank you for your words :classic:

I'm aware the Minifigures' resemblance to the original is not perfect but since I only use original Lego parts I thought it would have nice try to build something with those parts.

Beside they are Skyrim inspired so even if they aren't the perfect representation of a Khajiit they can represent "Cat People" characters from any universe we like, even one created by ourselves.

That's the great power of Lego: an unbound imagination :classic:

I like to mix parts to create weapons. I suppose I've not been the first to use the lightsaber hilt plus that component to create a dagger ( I never saw it before but my instinct tells the design is not new) but I like how it looks.

I often make Lego weapon designs using only original Lego parts. I even made two videos with a collection of my Sci-Fi designs. I should make one for Fantasy weapons too :classic:

The weapons you made are nice, especially the one you made by using the lightsaber part :classic:35.gif

Edited by huaiqiane

Fun project. It would be wonderful if the Elder Scrolls were to become a licensed theme. I consider that highly unlikely, but TLG would get even more of my money if that were the case.

The weapons you made are nice, especially the one you made by using the lightsaber part :classic:35.gif

Thank you very much :classic:

I wanted to create a sort of "dagger with the blade made of bone" and the two parts seem to go together nicely. It's a very simply design and I'm glad you like it :classic:

Fun project. It would be wonderful if the Elder Scrolls were to become a licensed theme. I consider that highly unlikely, but TLG would get even more of my money if that were the case.

Thank you very much :classic:

I agree, a The Elder Scrolls theme would bring a lot of money to Lego. The problem seems to be the video game rating. It appears Lego doesn't want to make sets based on licenses not suitable for the younger fans.

However, considered the open nature of the Elder Scrolls world, they could focus on the more "suitable" aspects and create an epic Fantasy theme :classic:

I understand their intention to keep certain concepts away from their brand but they do make Star Wars sets and it's not a very peaceful "conflict free" setting.

Galaxy wide wars, weapons of incredible power, a lot of destruction.

Personally I think if they can "balance" things with Star Wars, or Superheroes, they could balance them with an Elder Scrolls theme.

It's just my opinion, though :classic:

Personally I think if they can "balance" things with Star Wars, or Superheroes, they could balance them with an Elder Scrolls theme.

It's just my opinion, though :classic:

The big difference is most of the Star Wars films are rated PG and the super hero movies are PG-13. Some of the super hero sets are based on cartoons currently airing. In contrast all the recent Elder Scrolls games have been M (17+). The super hero stuff, and especially SW, is right in Lego's targeted age group of 6-14 while the Elder Scrolls would be above since it's adult only.

I would love Lego to do a more mature fantasy theme like Elder Scrolls or Game of Thrones, but it pretty much will never happen unless Lego changes their stance. Anyways, nice figs!

The big difference is most of the Star Wars films are rated PG and the super hero movies are PG-13. Some of the super hero sets are based on cartoons currently airing. In contrast all the recent Elder Scrolls games have been M (17+). The super hero stuff, and especially SW, is right in Lego's targeted age group of 6-14 while the Elder Scrolls would be above since it's adult only.

I would love Lego to do a more mature fantasy theme like Elder Scrolls or Game of Thrones, but it pretty much will never happen unless Lego changes their stance. Anyways, nice figs!

Thank you for your words on the Minifigures :classic:

I agree with you and I'm aware that policy is considered essential by Lego.

I

was just trying to noticed that if they "want to keep violence" out there is violence in Star Wars and Superheroes too. Someone would say video games' content are more strictly "judged" than movies's one :classic:

There are sets based on the comics and several of them are listed 15+ here in Europe (Deathstroke is an example).

What gives Skyrim that rating is the "open world" gameplay. Players can do a lot of things and certain may be "violent", "ethically questionable" while other may be good and altruistic. It all depends on our choices, thus the rating due to the "totally freedom of choice".

Lego could easily focus on the less "questionable" parts of the franchising and make a Fantasy theme inspired by it. I know it will never happen because they don't want connections with a M rating but I wanted to mention the option :classic:

What gives Skyrim that rating is the "open world" gameplay. Players can do a lot of things and certain may be "violent", "ethically questionable" while other may be good and altruistic. It all depends on our choices, thus the rating due to the "totally freedom of choice".

There are tons of online and open world games that are rated teen or younger. Heck, Edver Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim were both single player with no online component but still rated M. Also in Star Wars or the Super Hero movies, there is almost no blood or gore when there is violence present. A Stormtrooper may get shot with a laser blaster, but he doesn't bleed all over like when you slash a monster in Elder Scrolls. Even for the more disturbing stuff, like Luke getting his hand chopped off or Darth Maul getting cut in half, it's by a lightsaber and the wound is cauterized right away so there never is much blood shown. I think that is the big difference, the graphic nature of the violence, not necessarily the violence itself.

There are tons of online and open world games that are rated teen or younger. Heck, Edver Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim were both single player with no online component but still rated M. Also in Star Wars or the Super Hero movies, there is almost no blood or gore when there is violence present. A Stormtrooper may get shot with a laser blaster, but he doesn't bleed all over like when you slash a monster in Elder Scrolls. Even for the more disturbing stuff, like Luke getting his hand chopped off or Darth Maul getting cut in half, it's by a lightsaber and the wound is cauterized right away so there never is much blood shown. I think that is the big difference, the graphic nature of the violence, not necessarily the violence itself.

I agree with your point :classic:

I want just to notice in the Superheroes comics (and most sets are based on comics) there is indeed blood. For example I'm reading Forever Evil and Sinestro cutting the arm of a Crime Syndicate member it's quite "intense".

Beside the problem with violence it's not always the graphic nature but itself. Namely, even if it's not graphic, it's still violence. But I guess this is another story for another topic :classic:

________

Anyway, I didn't realized there were a topic to post our Minifigures. I make a quick search but the title of this topic didn't make me to find it easily.

I saw a couple of people posted topics about their Minifigures and I thought it was ok. Sorry for the inconvenience :classic:

Edited by BrickSev

I do not know how frowned upon customs are here but making an Elite Knight has been a bit of a project of mine:

18265111864_5259655700_z.jpg

The first version was a purist but then people told me about non-purist things to add and I did.

Edit* For reference the Elite in my first MOC was the purist version:

17015739873_70129892e4_z.jpg

Edited by Isundir

These are kit bash custom fantasy minifigs.

*images snipped*

Are those torsos and legs custom prints or are they decals? They look really good :thumbup: .

Are those torsos and legs custom prints or are they decals? They look really good :thumbup: .

They are kit bashed from "League of Legends" minifigures.

7F74A4A7-DA13-4C30-83E1-6D3D80542BBA.jpg

D347AFCD-036C-4DA5-914D-B17896FD75FA.jpg

1EB76201-8979-47B7-A002-5CE5165F6975.jpg

Edited by Ltfalcon

That 'fuckir' seems highly inappropriate, interesting Scythe build for Scythewoman though

That 'fuckir' seems highly inappropriate, interesting Scythe build for Scythewoman though

Extremely inappropriate, if you want my opinion but I'm not a Mod so I may be wrong about rules :classic:

Anyway, I didn't realized there were a topic to post our Minifigures. I make a quick search but the title of this topic didn't make me to find it easily.

I saw a couple of people posted topics about their Minifigures and I thought it was ok. Sorry for the inconvenience :classic:

There wasn't. Untill I created this one and merged recent topics :wink:

I do not know how frowned upon customs are here but making an Elite Knight has been a bit of a project of mine:

Customs parts are sort of accepted. But if you start custumizong yourself, like cutting and painting. Than those are more fitting in the customization workshop. :thumbup:

That 'fuckir' seems highly inappropriate,

Extremely inappropriate, if you want my opinion but I'm not a Mod so I may be wrong about rules :classic:

I've come across a lot worse here. We're adults right, seeing a Lego wiener shouldn't be that shocking?! So what I'm seeing here is NPU and great photography as well.

There wasn't. Untill I created this one and merged recent topics :wink:

Good. I thought I completely missed it when I searched lol :wink:

I've come across a lot worse here. We're adults right, seeing a Lego wiener shouldn't be that shocking?! So what I'm seeing here is NPU and great photography as well.

For me it's not a problem. I'm adult and open minded lol. I just thought someone could find inappropriate. That was all. I heard a lot person complaining when Lego is paired with certain things. Like I said it's not a problem to me. People can do even kinky scenes/dioramas/MOCs with Lego and I don't complain lol :classic:

Anyway thanks again for the info on "merging topics". I see it's more "efficient" to have a single topic instead of countless topic for every Minifigure project the members post :classic:

Sorry to bump this old thread again (last time I promise!), but I have a few more figures to show which brings my personal hobbit collection to near completion:

Firstly the Masters' assistant Alfrid, who uses parts mostly from the Lone Ranger.

14468177341_DISPLAY.jpg

Secondly Lake town people for the battle of five armies.

14468177352_DISPLAY.jpg

Finally Bard's two girls, completing his set of children from the movie.

14468177353_DISPLAY.jpg

Also I have customized the Goblin King's staff/club to be more like that of the movie, using the cattle skull element and some feathers for detail.

14468181271_DISPLAY.jpg

14468181282_DISPLAY.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by Bugbot2008

I a big Middle earth fan and sadly we don't have any more sets curently

I was wondering what current minifigs from all other themes we can mod/transform in to Middle earth characters.

I was wondering about the Frightening Knight from the minifig series

- a new head and a spear can make him a pretty decent rohan soldier

what do you guys think ?

Edited by OrcSan

Fleshify the knight, give him a spear or an axe (and optionally, a shield), a new helmet, remove the pauldrons, add a green cape and I say it would be a fairly decent soldier of Rohan.

The main problem I'd have with it would be the fact that Rohirrim usually have more of an olive green colour scheme, though if you have one or two in a collection of mostly-olive-green soldiers, it would probably be fine.

Edited by General Magma