Sign in to follow this  

Hello everybody,

I 'll try to present myself as a classic lego sets fan by using this not that hugely modified El Dorado classic pirates set.

The goal was to keep much of the charm of the classic sets and creating the atmosphere of those old style lego catalouges.

Hope you 'll like it guys :)

This is it, a small port town with its pier, tavern, fort, small mansion and a beach with gold digging pirates:

18867206468_77c38c68da_z.jpg

A few close-ups

19049317312_16c3e62191_z.jpg

19049310592_0f0416612b_z.jpg

19049347892_791472516c_z.jpg

And another shot with my redention of the anchored Caribbean Clipper in the forefront

18432345894_cc7051d533_z.jpg

Please do give me suggestions and comments since I'm new at this!

Edited by PeroTheLegoman

New at this? I sure couldn't tell! That's a lovely diorama and it includes just about everything. The modified El Dorado looks more adventurous than most and the other buildings fit in seamlessly. The water really makes the whole scene look nice versus boats riding atop plain blue baseplates. The Clipper looks a little better too - pity it doesn't have more sails. And of course treasure-seeking pirates are a good feature. Some people will say the CMF Swashbuckler is out of place, but I think they should be used in this type of setting. Overall this is excellent and it looks like a fun project!

Very nice! You've nailed the look you were going for- I could see myself pining for that setup while looking at a 1989 Lego catalog! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you people. Well have been a quiet observer and a fan of the eurobricks for about a year, so I had some visual expirience but am really a newbie in actually building all of this.

Am still working on the caribbean clipper and also am planning on modifying the 6271 imperial flagship I've got in my collection.

It's a whole shelf 2meters x 0.5meters in dimension that I've placed my pirate sets on. So I 've calculated that I would need around 2,500 translucente round plates per 32x32 baseplate area of the sea. So in total it turned out to be somewhere around 20,000.

Some parts are quite thick (2 bricks tall), and some are really thin.

I like your detailed creation and classic pirates - most of all. You seem to have been collecting LEGO for a really long time. Your set is rare now and any real LEGO fan wish to have it. I'm a new member and don't know how to upload MOC-s. Every time I try to log in to my folder to upload MOC in Brickshelf, I see "log in faild" I have 21 posts now - minimum is 10! What's to be done?And is it possible to upload here without Flickr or Brickshelf? Thanks a lot. Keep on creating - your set is just super.

I'm a new member and don't know how to upload MOC-s. Every time I try to log in to my folder to upload MOC in Brickshelf, I see "log in faild" I have 21 posts now - minimum is 10! What's to be done?And is it possible to upload here without Flickr or Brickshelf? Thanks a lot. K

Linking pictures from Flickr or Brickshelf is the method of choice.

This is not a site to upload pictures to.

Maybe you want to check the FAQ regarding posting Posting tips and etiquette

There you will find more guidance on posting.

PeroTheLegoman!!!!

Its great to see you here! You will know me as.... (RobertsLego) from instagram! This is a great forum! Looking forward to more of your stuff!

Hey Robert, really nice to see you here :)

I like your detailed creation and classic pirates - most of all. You seem to have been collecting LEGO for a really long time. Your set is rare now and any real LEGO fan wish to have it.

Thank you, but most of my collection was acquired not so long ago really.

Edited by PeroTheLegoman

This is a wonderful little scene. I love the way you captured the classic feel but put your own twists in it. Your water is excellent, and I'm a big fan of how you made the little scene of the pirates digging treasure. Well done, and thank you for sharing!

Again, I love the classic feel of your creation. Your basic windows at the dock fit in nicely with the small building.

I don't know if you're able to arrange the buildings and cannons so that both cannons have a clear shot to the sea. :cannon: