Sign in to follow this  
kabel

[O-H09] Engineering SNAFU

Tags: engineering, mining rig, civil

When Henry H3 Himmelmann was finally released from E01 he was sobered up enough to dutifully commence his next mission. This time mission objective was to see if he couldn't fix the problems a rookie engineer had run into setting up a mining rig on H09 ...

19038094242_0618bb0b69_c.jpg

Henry mumbled angrily: "Ah ya damn rookies fresh out of engineering school, ya know everything about electronics and biotics and what not. But it when it really comes down to fixing a mechanical problem you look like a whale stranded on a beach!"

"Mr. H3"

"Ya can call me Henry, I hate that damn H3 name"

"Mr. H3 Sir, what are you doing there"

"Well young fella, what d'ya think I'm doing?"

"Er Sir, is that a hammer you've got in your hand there?"

Henry started to laugh loudly: "Yeah a hammer, what else do you thing it is kiddo?"

"Er Sir, yeah I think I'v read about hammers before but I don't really know what they do I have to admit!"

"Well, let me show you!"

And so without further explaination Henry took his hammer and swang it into the jammed structure. *clang* - the entire structure shook and they young engineer began to fear that it was going to collapse for good. But eventually the crane began moving again ...

18857471359_1bec943217_c.jpg

The reason why Octan had decided to place a mining rig on this tiny island in the first place was that around a small outcrop in the middle of a large ocean a whole series of black smokers had been discovered. Mission objective was to study if there were other rare minerals to be mined and to study if live out here was working under the same principles as on earth.

19017406076_22bfe17666_c.jpg

Wow, nicely done! I like the underwater part a lot! That turned out really nice!

Very nice, and fun story! Nice bright Octan builds like this almost make me regret joining the dark side with M.A.N.T.I.S. Almost :tongue:

Very nice build kabel, excellent use of the Octan colors and the water/underwater section is a great addition!

I like the mining rig and the Octan colors are perfect. I also am loving your gruff character and his story. He reminds me of an old sarge having to keep the young new kids in line!

Nice MOC kabel! It's very bright and Octan-y, and the little hydrothermal vents are really cool too :sweet:

I like the precarious quality and the two levels especially, but also as everyone else mentioned - the colors are really nice together.

Ha, ha, great build kabel, and good job showing that newbie how to use a hammer! :laugh: The underwater section is fantastic, all that dark blue... :wub:

Wow kabel, I didn't know you could build something besides Medival MOCs :grin: Great work!

Well thanks for commenting on this and awarding it 5 pts. I thought it looked a little rushed, but it seems to be alright.

@mk: me neither, but the game itself sounded like a lot of fun and it's always great to take a challenge. And, this is only going to help me get better in creating medieval mocs again!