Sign in to follow this  
mrcp6d

[O - H09] Mapping Wastyria

Tags: exploration, water vehicle, civil

19036694252_5523583a7f_c.jpg

--Weekly Explorer's Transmission--

--Log of Eagle-Eye Silver--

-- 21 Junali 3815--

Exploration of sector H09 and the local planet Wastyria has been rather uneventful. Unlike the insane predators of Arium Major, the chill of this cold water ball seems to have stifled the size of most native creatures—though there apparently are the Rockback Whales discovered by pilot Hannibal, I haven’t yet seen any yet. Perhaps they are both rare and reclusive? Anyway, with the lack of animal encounters on this planet so far, I’ve been mapping out as many of the tiny islands that dot Wastyria’s watery surface. The cold of the planet is just enough in most regions to freeze the ocean spray on the local plant life, but not enough to solidify the ocean water itself; so I bought down my Barracuda Special from orbit and have been skimming around the ocean at speed for a few days. The pilots and drivers sure think they’ve got a

, but exploring is where the real fun’s at. We get all the fun toys from the engineers before those guys do, and since we’re the ones with the alien close encounters, we hang on to the good stuff! This little speedboat is amazing. It’s blindingly fast and incredibly maneuverable making it perfect for Wastyria with all its random rock piles sticking out of the ocean. Bombing around in this little baby for a few days has been a fun vacation from the crazy monsters I usually have to take out or run from. We’ll see where Lord Business sends me next week, maybe there’ll be more action.

--End--

This one was a quick but fun MOC. C&C appreciated!

As others have said, that speedboat is really good! The ice looks great as well!

Love this scene, it is one after my own heart! The speeder looks really nice, and the water effect works really well. Nice!

Very cool scene. Love that jetski.

Thanks mccoyed!

Nice build! I like the speedboat.

Thanks Zaael!

Great build! Love the ice on the plants! :thumbup:

Big Sal--Thank you sir!

As others have said, that speedboat is really good! The ice looks great as well!

Thank you Kai!

The ice effect is amazing! Excellent speedboat and rockwork too :thumbup:

Thanks LJ!

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Thanks Graham! This came out to be rather unexpectedly peaceful and I quite like it.

Love this scene, it is one after my own heart! The speeder looks really nice, and the water effect works really well. Nice!

Thanks shmails! Most days I can't stand the throw-some-1x1s-on-the-photo-table-and-call-it-good water technique that a lot of folks are using. It just seems lazy. Stick them studs down! :devil::laugh:

The jet-ski is great and I think the angle really makes the build (not that the rest of it isn't good too).

Nice speeder!

Thanks Umbra!

The jet-ski is great and I think the angle really makes the build (not that the rest of it isn't good too).

Gotta get off the grid when you can! :laugh:

Wow, Awesome Build and Scene! Love the water jet-ski!

Thank you!

The judges awarded you 5 points.

Thanks judges!