goatman461

[O - H09] Octan's New Dry Dock

Tags: Vehicle, Spaceship, Water vehicle, Exploration, Science, Civil, Military

Within the O.C.S. Axle, the Octan crew meet up aboard one of the landing craft specifically designed for their sudden fury of oceanic explorations. As Dr. Long explains, this craft includes a small dry dock designed to quickly deploy a variety of exploration craft. The crew are both pleased with the new equipment and disturbed at the sight of Dr. Long with her hair down.

18340576973_9417a9916a_n.jpg18340576033_7263b23fd2_n.jpg

Pilot John Hannibal is the first to field test the new dry dock. He readies his new sub for a mission to capture a new species of whale and/or fish discovered on H09. This beast has a very tough skin that allows it to land on and roll from the sharp, jagged rocks of the island shores. Once studied and replicated, it could mean a great tactical advantage to the Octan merchantmen, should conflict arise.

18775003739_eba5705c70_c.jpg

PLATFORM 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

The deck lowers the sub into rising water. Soon, the bay will be full and the sub can proceed forward.

18955837022_0d99ef9657_c.jpg

PLATFORM 2 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

18773515340_029ab27130_c.jpg

PLATFORM 3 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Bonus shot of the sub in action against my Challenge 1 creation (please judge only the sub in the picture below).

18964163861_98d9efe113_c.jpg

SUB by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

That dry dock is awesome! :wub: The ship is great too. In particular there, I really like the contrast between the front and back of it in terms of style - it's unified as a ship - it just looks great having all that grey engine-type stuff going on on the front of it in contrast to its Octan-ness in the back. Well done! :thumbup:

Too cool. Love the beastie chasing the sub in that last shot.

Great looking sub and dock, really nice effects! :classic: I also like the incorporation of your Challenge 1-build in the last shot! Awsome! :laugh:

Nice idea, nice build. I like all the greebs on the inner surface of the dock, though they would be rather impractical.

Turned out very cool! I like all of us being there as well! :classic:

Brilliant idea with the moving platform here and the execution is top notch as well! For some reason I really like the shot with water inside the dock. :thumbup: The last chase scene is awesome as well!

Oh, I see me! Love that dock. Cool how it has all the little areas around it that make it more "real" and the fact that it lowers is just amazing. The last drydock shot with the water is my favorite. And the sub chase scene is worth keeping even if it can't be judged as a whole!

Great to see so many of our sigfigs gathered in one shot! awesome craft as well, wish I could build those!

Oh, I forgot the first time. Can I get a clone too? :laugh::poke:

Fantastic ship and dock goatman, and the shark is superb as well!

Thank you for all of the comments. I'm glad y'all liked it

Nice idea, nice build. I like all the greebs on the inner surface of the dock, though they would be rather impractical.

how so? it's suppose to be pumping equipment, I will admit that the greebles do kind of get in the way of the platform moving straight up and down, but i figured they looked pneumatic enough to work underwater

while i'm at it, i'll also admit that hannibal's double is actually in the cockpit on the halfway down shot, oops

Oh, I forgot the first time. Can I get a clone too? :laugh::poke:

Guy could be in there as one of the ones with a hat, but i don't have your hair or torso so we'll have to go different outfit and a hat for now.

Edited by goatman461

Within the O.C.S. Axle, the Octan crew meet up aboard one of the landing craft specifically designed for their sudden fury of oceanic explorations. As Dr. Long explains, this craft includes a small dry dock designed to quickly deploy a variety of exploration craft. The crew are both pleased with the new equipment and disturbed at the sight of Dr. Long with her hair down.

"Why is everyone staring at me? Do you think I sleep in my bun? This is highly unprofessional of you all to point at my hair while I am explaining the functions of our new craft!"

:tongue:

Beautiful build, Goatman! I love how you combined the nature challah get with your industrial free build! The scene is excellent, and kudos for adding so many Octan employees to the build! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Hmmm must have been relaxing on the beaches of E02...great build did someone get a selfie of Dr Long with her hair down?....awesome dry dock.