Big Sal

[M - C02] Experiment K7C02

Excerpt from the lab book of Big Sal:

Date: 18 Junali 3815.

Experiment Code: K7C02.

Lead Scientist: Big Sal.

Laboratory: M.A.N.T.I.S. Supply Ship, Kitchen 7. Hunston orbit.

Excerpt ends.

19033858531_a13823be08_z.jpg

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg ...and how are my improvements to the water hydrolyser turning out?

19033786471_f24414bb0e_o.jpg Very well sir! The last batch of water was over 160% hydrolysed!

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg Excellent!

18843075798_9909f19193_z.jpg

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg How are the enhanced larvae doing Hamilton?

18410003123_9e2be8d6a7_o.jpg They're growing well Sal - we're on target for 100% coverage in the cafeterias this week.

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg Fantastic! It's such a relief to be doing real science again after all those plants...

Aim: Improve physical abilities of M.A.N.T.I.S. personnel through enhanced foodstuffs.

Method: Awesomnium serum was introduced to larvae growth media.

Prediction: Personnel eating the enhanced larvae will show enhanced physiology.

Excerpt ends.

19004499526_f4735cc550_z.jpg

18844478949_7e014b02f9_o.jpg SAL!

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg Chief Accountant Long! I didn't know you were... I mean, what a pleasure to see you! You're looking as beautiful as ever!

18844478949_7e014b02f9_o.jpg Spare me the sarcasm Sal. I'm here to shut this little experiment of yours down.

19030712985_0ceec6ccc1_z.jpg

17971638764_d8c2d39728_o.jpg What? But it's only been running a week! I need more time!

18844478949_7e014b02f9_o.jpg Absolutely not. Shut it down. We've been getting reports of stomach problems and nausea from across the organisation all week.

18843028198_b242a5c298_z.jpg

17971638684_ed691be654_o.jpg That could be coincidence! We've only had one larvae Friday so far, it'll take more time for the results to manifest. The costs are minimal!

18844478949_7e014b02f9_o.jpg Sal, in the last week our toilet paper bill went up by 600%! And yet none of the troops have developed the superhuman powers you promised. Not to mention the effect on morale if the troops work out it's the grubs making them sick. Larvae Friday is the highlight of the week for them! This experiment is over.

Results: None. Experiment terminated early.

Conclusions: None possible.

Excerpt ends.

19004444836_5867e7b9aa_z.jpg

Thanks to my team mates for taking the time to work this story into their builds all week! Comments and criticism welcome :classic:

Edited by Big Sal

Nooo, keep working. It would be one less company to worry about (or a zombie apocalypse to really worry about)

Nice lab as usual (is he painting brown bread to look like light bread? MANTIS not big on healty food?)

Hey... Wait a second... That Accountant looks familiar.... :look:

I guess I found out Dr. Long has a sister/cousin/clone/alter-ego/other-soap-opera-cliche... Amusingly enough, that's probably the best characterization I've seen of Dr. (Ms.?) Long in any builds so far.... mine included. :wub:

Once again, Sal, your lab is flawless (in that it is very flawed and oh my gods that Fabio hair.) The hydrolyzer, the Larvae incubation tank, the colour changing croissant, the sink, the painting-the-bread-loaves scene, and the sheer incompetence of your character are all delightful! :wub: Don't you ever change, you magnificent bastard! :grin:

Also, don't kill that accountant... I might want to acquire that hair-piece....

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

My wife kept asking me why I was cracking up while reading--funny story but the little details throughout the build are hilarious!

Another excellent build! Love all your lab equipment! And stories like this have inspired me to try something similar in my next week's build....

Another humor packed build and story! Such a great character you've got there! You seriously need to do a comic book series or something, Sal! :laugh:

Amazing build, Sal! :wub: The water hydrolyzer and sink are excellent :thumbup:

Great work tying all the stories together too :laugh:

Man, you are really good at these lab MOCs! My favorite detail in this one is that hydrolyser machine. :sweet::thumbup:

Wow, great build as usual Sal, but what I'm really impressed about is how you got such a big part of M.A.N.T.I.S. to join in and set it up! I had thought about the nausea comments in some of the builds, but I didn't connect the dots until now! Beautiful teamwork! :D

These lab scenes are fresh every time. Don't know how you do it!

Amazing job! My personal favourites are the lightning pieces inside the tanks on the hydroliser - which for some strange reason remind me a bit of Frankenstein..

Yes! Another story from Big Sal! I loved it, as always. :laugh:

Another really nice lab interior... I'm really enjoying all the little details! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! It means a lot that you all take the time to follow Big Sal's misadventures and leave such kind comments :blush:

Hey... Wait a second... That Accountant looks familiar.... :look:

I guess I found out Dr. Long has a sister/cousin/clone/alter-ego/other-soap-opera-cliche... Amusingly enough, that's probably the best characterization I've seen of Dr. (Ms.?) Long in any builds so far.... mine included. :wub:

Also, don't kill that accountant... I might want to acquire that hair-piece....

Haha, yeah, I created this stern accountant character for Sal to clash with and then realised who she reminded me of :grin: Thought I'd put the possibility out there for us to run with if you wanted, or Long could have just been a common surname in 3815 if you didn't :wink:

The hair piece is from 70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown, which incidentally has some other cool science type stuff in :classic:

I like how your colleague Hamilton turns the croissant into white ..... :laugh:

so much lovely details and funny bits ....

I didn't get the stomach problem last week , probably I wasn't in the cafeteria two weeks ago.

But I have an idea what engineer can do this week to handle the case ....

you will be needed to assist me .... :wink:

Haha, yeah, I created this stern accountant character for Sal to clash with and then realised who she reminded me of :grin: Thought I'd put the possibility out there for us to run with if you wanted, or Long could have just been a common surname in 3815 if you didn't :wink:

The hair piece is from 70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown, which incidentally has some other cool science type stuff in :classic:

Ha! I'm glad my character left such an impression on you. It probably helps that she's an archtypical Obstructive Bureaucrat. :laugh:

I would love to collaborate at some point! We scientists must stick together, after all, even if we are from different corporations. :laugh:

I was already thinking of getting toxikita. Such a great figure! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

So good Sal! I love that your stories are always as good as your scenes are. Great work.

Another superb laboratory build, the various scientific equipment looks great :thumbup:

This experiment seems that it may have had the farthest reaching effects out of all Big Sal's thus far :look:

:laugh::roflmao: Another awesome lab and excellent story Big Sal, as mentioned above, great job getting all your teammates feeling sick! :laugh::wink:

Awesome lab! Nooo, we will never get superhuman powers now! :P

:laugh_hard::roflmao: