We'd all love to see this happen. Maybe we can help. Why don't some of you experienced builders contact the creators and offer to build a MOC or two that would really show off the goods. Any of you with YouTube experience could offer to shoot video for him. Sometimes really good things fail because a clever inventor isn't also a marketer. It takes a village, sometimes. Reach out. The creator can always make another attempt with a better-planned promnoitional effort, lined up in advance.

Amen! These are some good ideas for promoting this. I hope someone with the marketing knowledge will reach out to him, and I hope he has enough sense to accept help and take another run at this. Advertised right I think it could happen.

Just MHO, YMMV.

Andy D

This is really nicely done!

I would love to see this integrated into standard models.

I wonder what is the maximal distance of the leds from the base plate?

This is really nicely done!

I would love to see this integrated into standard models.

I wonder what is the maximal distance of the leds from the base plate?

I think that could vary depending on the LED color. White and blue LEDs take around 3.6V, Red, green, yellow, and orange LEDs are around 2V, You can probably go farther with the lower voltage color LEDs.

Since this sank without a paddle, I have gotten a few emails saying that it is still being pushed ahead, and they want to produce the iBrix product anyway. I hope it does happen, all the best!

Since this sank without a paddle, I have gotten a few emails saying that it is still being pushed ahead, and they want to produce the iBrix product anyway. I hope it does happen, all the best!

As an early backer (disappointed that it did not fund) I hope he can do something. I will still buy some!

Andy D

As an early backer (disappointed that it did not fund) I hope he can do something. I will still buy some!

Andy D

It sounded like he was going to offer products to the initial Kickstarter supporters, keep an eye out for emails, I have been getting them periodically.

So I didn't get the chance to actually back the project, although it is everything I've ever wanted for Lego :laugh: , but I was wondering if any of you backers could post when he sends out emails and what they say. Thanks!

They've been hinting that they are near to an announcement of some sort. I sure hope they get this together. They are still working on a 1x1 square brick as well as a 1x1 round, at last word. I think those are the two to start with, for sure. I don't know if a 1x1 round plate is possible, but I'd sure love to have that, too.

This is the most recent communication I have gotten, nothing about when they would have something to sell....

ibrix-email.png

I was one of the early backers. I backed at $350, but it did not make it. I still wanted lights, so I have invested in almost $300 of Brickstuff lights. So, too late for me, I doubt I will be buying the iBrix lights.

The Brickstuff lights are wired, but the wires and LEDs are really tiny, this both their best feature and their most difficult feature, but the wires are really easy to hide. I have been putting a display together and I find I need a break after about every 4 LEDs because of the delicate work, but maybe that's just me and my big fingers, my old hands and nerves.

I really like the Brickstuff lighting effects controller because it provides so many different effects.

I still wish Dustin and his wireless iBrix system well!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I hope he will still sell the thing for the propellers and turbines. I seriously do not want to buy the Vestas Windmill just for that, because I want to buy the Octan Windmill!

I discovered this project too late... I would love to buy a ton of these for my various holiday displays (inside the new Jack-o-Lanterns and Haunted House, Santa's Workshop and WV Cottage, etc.)...

I hope to hear about the release when it happens!

i-Brix is back with a lower funding goal and a better product. You can check out the new campaign here: 

Vassal - it's great to hear you're onboard with the project!

I'm hoping to collect some input from all of you as to where you may use the i-Brix system - what type of builds, etc. 

I'd like to collect thoughts on potential stretch goals as well. If the campaign makes it "big" enough, we have some fun ideas in mind. 

Dustin

I'm gonna plug this one again... it looks like they'll make the funding goal, but it can't hurt to have extra backers and meet some stretch goals! Remember that they ship to Europe now! I, for one, look forward to lighting my haunted house, jack-o-lanterns, basement laboratory, etc.

90% funded with 30+ days remaining! We're excited to see i-Brix get funded this time around as well. Keep the feedback coming; we like to hear from future i-Brix owners. :)

D

We've nearly met our $100k stretch goal and still have some Early Bird rewards remaining on our campaign. 

Thank you to all of those that have backed our project on Kickstarter so far!