KirTech LAB

[MOC] Feller-Buncher with Instructions

I agree with all above, but I am really fascinated about your electric scheme. Did it take long to master all the functions? I am surprised, that the smaller treads "survived" such a heavy load offroad. Could you post a photo with the green body off? Congratulations on the whole project!

Great machine and great presentation, really enjoyed your video. Well done in getting the tag. I need to get one myself.

H :thumbup:

How realistic is that levelling system? I recall the Fellowbunchers at work in the TV show swamp loggers, but I don't recall the cab being so high and that tilting mechanism, it works well, but I've just never seen this.

Nice job,

Paul

Thanks!

Did it take long to master all the functions?

I am surprised, that the smaller treads "survived" such a heavy load offroad.

Could you post a photo with the green body off?

Yes I distributed functions and PF channels very carefully, what operations should be at the first mode and what at the second one.

Small tracks work good on the table but in outdoor they work really bad because of small branches and so on.

I'll post a few WIP photos without body a bit later!

How realistic is that levelling system? I recall the Fellowbunchers at work in the TV show swamp loggers, but I don't recall the cab being so high and that tilting mechanism, it works well, but I've just never seen this.

Nice job,

Paul

Thanks! Take a look at post number ten at the first page of this topic. My leveling system differs from the original one but I think cab height is near the truth.

I simply connect four IR transmitters, one per PF channel.

Sorry, I wasn't really clear on that.

What I was thinking is that controlling the four leveling actuators directly with the levers of one remote must be pretty hard.

Then I thought that maybe you are using some kind of joystick.

Edited by sergiuparaschiv

On 6/23/2015 at 1:52 PM, sergiuparaschiv said:

What I was thinking is that controlling the four leveling actuators directly with the levers of one remote must be pretty hard.

Then I thought that maybe you are using some kind of joystick.

It's not too hard so in this model I use simple single levers. The main trouble was to remember which direction each lever gives so I've created a crib :)

Edited by desert752

Fresh color sheme and full pack of working power functions! Technic tag is desreved. Hall of fame also :thumbup:

Edited by rm8

To answer the question on the Frontpage - yes, I have seen a feller-buncher. Yes, it was operating. I don't remember what it was but it wasn't a Deere. (I would have remembered that because I operate JD ag equipment.) They're impressive machines to watch...

...and that is one impressive model! That has to be one of the most superb Lego models I've ever seen due to all the various powered functions. Overall the machine is very similar to an excavator or shovel, but adding the leveling mechanism, cutterhead and jaws really takes this to another level. It looks just about perfect.

The presentation is great too. The natural environment just looks so much better than a clean white photo booth for this application.

Spectacular work! Hall of Fame worthy for sure. Now go cut down some trees!

HOLY!...

How did you?....

Wha?....

HOW MANY??....

WOW!!!

Fresh out of expletives. This MOC sets a new standard - the leveling system alone is mind-boggling. Put modesty aside for a moment: Would you say you have a natural talent for such complex Technic wonders such as this, or were all these functions the result of grueling trial and error? Either way, I also admire your patience for putting so much time and effort into this - and the presentation is the 'icing on the cake.'

Marvelous, sir! I envy your skill, thanks for sharing this!

Well done on a fantastic creation. Nicely presented too. The colour scheme is right on the mark. Deserving of HOF and technic tag :)

The first version was really epic fail that forced me to reconsider full concept of this model. But the second version was successful without fatal errors and total rebuilding. I think it's result of long designing rather than grueling trial and error.

BTW I have never seen this machine in real life. I've seen it in one of Discovery channel programme long time ago.

Excellent!!!

I think TLG should consider this MOC to be their release kit in their list!

With four digit price? :)