Ecclesiastes

The Algus Saga: Algor Keep

19014811695_1e2486ea03_c.jpg

Hundreds of years ago, the Algor Keep was build. It is considered one of the oldest keeps still intact. In any case it's definitely the most Northern fort ever build, being the only structure made by men standing in the Frozen Beyond. When the Algus were defeated long ago the Jarl back than decided they were in need of a guarded beacon. In case the Algus would return. After a few years the fortress got a second objective, capturing Wyvern eggs. So that meant that inside The Algor, the Order of the Wyvern was founded. Wyvern's seemed to be the only Frozen Beyond creatures that could be trained to serve men. But the last hundred years only two eggs were discovered. Both of them were immediately secured in Ondylion. Were unfortunately one died in the destructive battle.

With just two eggs, the manpower in the Keep was clearly not enough if it would be attacked. Nibelung cut down resources and Elon even stopped the training program of the whole Order. No new Wyverns were discovered and the Algus wasn't seen for almost a millennium.

19009304782_2221795f03_c.jpg

But with all the beacons being lit, it seems the enemy had a lot of patience and took it's time to organize a new attack. It was obvious the Algor Keep would fall first. Clearly outmanned, the remaining men of the Order stood their ground for only ten minutes. In that time they managed to lit the beacon, warning the main land and securing one of the two eggs they found just recently.

The first thing the Algus did was putting out the beacon, fire still was their weakness and maybe the other beacons didn't see it yet. But the main purpose was to use the beacon to send out their own signal to all the Algus and other beasts still wandering the Frozen Beyond.

18394117993_050a477e3d_c.jpg

So far the only one who had survived the attack was Disan. Each half year he went to the Keep as a messenger from Elon. This year the timing couldn't be worse, when on his way he saw the beacon being lit. And even worse, shortly after that the beacon turned into a gloomy light blue signal. He felt the urge to flee right away, but he decided to check it out for himself. He managed to get close to the Algor to see the enemy with his own eyes. Now he was looking for a way to get back. Which would be difficult because it stopped snowing. If he would leave now, he would be detected for certain...

18828575779_0b05f1acc9_c.jpg

Inside the keep one of the Elgus(elder Algus) was planning their next move.

"That idiotic messenger. The snowstorm I created made him come here to investigate. But now I've stopped the snow from falling, he won't be able to return home. It's been going smoothly so far. Which is no surprise as this is our land."

A grimm smile showed on the cold and seemingly emotionless face.

"And now for the main event, time to get the second egg from the catacombs. Those two fools. Would they really have thought to be safe down their, protecting that egg. It's been a while now, so even though they should be used to the conditions here I'm sure they are frozen to death by now."

19009288182_ca9273641d_c.jpg

And indeed they were...

19014825205_79d97627ca_c.jpg

First egg, still standing in the watchtower

19009323102_ebf1c1b6de_c.jpg

Blizzard Wolfs serving new masters

18827081070_579c923220_c.jpg

The courtyard

18828571929_982ac8bf5c_c.jpg

Algus on guard

18827058030_bdf99e0967_c.jpg

Barracks

18827149528_6f5994b0b3_c.jpg

Former armory

18828567589_e4a0057fcc_c.jpg

Pantry

18988532836_0034e86229_c.jpg

Commander's room

18828558689_afbb71c744_c.jpg

Additional photo's:

19017889631_88e63ef692_c.jpg

18394126653_02cb2d5161_c.jpg

18988570076_014f920ff6_c.jpg

18170289270_d09a9acc0b_c.jpg

19017868841_9358a2ff50_c.jpg

Everything is so nicely SNOTted; it just looks freaking cool with all those interesting bows and sharp edges. The room with the throne looks great too. Another fantastic build, Ecclesiastes :thumbup:

Oh wow, this is just so awesome! I basiscally like everything about it, but what is really amazing is the story, what a (first) climax to our story!

And, it seems you have returned to yellow!

Really awesome look to the frozen tower Ecc... Being modular is great too!

Beautiful, as expected. The story keeps getting better (although possibly not-so-chronologically ordered). Looking forward to more!

A truly fantastic castle! What impresses me most is that the structure is basically mono-color but is still very interesting with all the angles involved.

Man that is impressive. I like the wyvern concept, and how they are now a dying (well dead now) order. Great Job.

Amazing build, Ecc! :wub: The rockwork and battlement design are excellent :thumbup:

Can't wait to see where the story goes next :classic:

This is a really cool (pun intended!) keep Ecclesiastes, the combination of colors gives it a very cold look and the thoroughness of details (interiors, front and back) is awesome!

Truly magnificent Ecc! I love everything about this build! The inhabitants kinda remind me of white-walkers.

Thanks guys! I keep enjoying building forts on 48x48 the most :grin:

And, it seems you have returned to yellow!

Ofcourse, it was just for the challenge III stuff :wink: Although those fleshie bastards have found a place in my yellowed heart now :devil:

Really awesome look to the frozen tower Ecc... Being modular is great too!

Thanks, I always try to make it modular. Because to me, yes I know it's still fantasy, it's more realistic.

B (although possibly not-so-chronologically ordered)

I hoped it was clear, this was happening during the beacons being lit. About posting this build itself, I can agree.

The fantasy world doesn't interest me in the least but I appreciate creativity, unique designs and good building techniques - and this definitely scores on all counts. The tower is impressive for its strange design and the overall scene is bone-chillingly cold just looking at it. You've captured that effect better, I believe, than any other builder. And of course the size and details are great but hey, you have standards to live up to, eh? Excellent work.

Creepy color scheme :classic:

Great work overall, and excellent photography.

Fantastic fortress Ecc, the gray, trans-blue and white color-scheme (not to mention the awesome edit! :wink:) give the build a very cold feel, and the details and architecture are superb!

Fantastic work :wub: .

I love the rockwork and the architecture. Furthermore the colour scheme is amazing, too :thumbup:

Such a striking build :wub: It really looks bitterly cold, and intimidating :thumbup: Tremendous job including plenty of excellent interiors too :classic: