goatman461

[Competition 1] Chicken for Dinner

Two pink seabirds forage the cliff side for material for their nests. Their chicks are expected soon but they will freeze without more insulation. Out of desperation, the mother and father birds descend further and further down the cliff side, closer to the water.

18284331713_95b3d84745_c.jpg

Then, out of nowhere, the great Rockback Whale of Wastyria burst out of the water and gobbles up the male bird.

18899753932_e3b8c5e768_c.jpg 18899753062_cb2a345124_c.jpg

Happy Father's Day AG.

Edited by goatman461

Amazing! I really like the surf breaking against the rocks, and the whale is awesome.

I think you need to update your description, though, and specify which planet this is?

This is fantastic, love that water and the shark as well! The pink flowers are a really good touch too! :thumbup:

Hah that was perfect. I was admiring the lovely pink flowers and peaceful flying things and then I scrolled down. :wink: Well played. Really nice rock work and I love the large predator. :thumbup:

Fantastic colors, really nice creatures, and that water- that's the most original technique I've seen! Just great! :blush:

This is amazing! I love the water and the rock, the pink flowers and wings are a nice contrast, and the small creatures are great! And that larger beast...looks wonderful!

Thank you for all of the kind comments. I did add a short description if you missed it earlier.

This is lovely, is the water technique your own?

No, just an adaptation of this I did use 1x2 plates around the outside to make it a little sturdier. Underneath there are only a few plates and/or bricks holding up the middles of the nets.

Can I please get a Mod to change the title to "[Challenge 1] [O - H09] Chicken for Dinner"? Thank you.

Edited by goatman461

This MOC has both an incredible brick-built beast in a fun action pose and some great color choices. Sweet stuff!

Oh, wow! I was thinking I'd comment about the lovely serene build and then that beast appears! :grin: Incredible build with great colours!

The pink and gray really give off a very Japanese vibe. They work so well together and the blue helps anchor the build on the opposite side. Having seen enough National Geographic specials I knew at least 1 bird was doomed based on the story talking about them having to fly lower and lower. :laugh: Beautiful build, really just enjoyable to look around the pictures and take it all in.

Great water, great whale... Maybe you could have added some splashes of water around the whale.

Looking back, because the water technique is very flexible, some stacked clear rounds might have worked really well to show the water splashing up with the whale. Wish I had thought of it last week...

Thank you for all of the comments so far