Sign in to follow this  
Commander Beltar

[Challenge 1] Life in the Dunes

I didn't have any time to make brick built animals. So I improvised.

Welcome to GalaxyGeoWild Shorts!

Even in the dry deserts of Guinevere, life can flourish. Here we can see some of nature’s survivors. The ever elusive Hermit Rats. These rats settle in dens near cool pools of lava which oddly enough, release wonderful chemicals for life. These special egg laying rats are returning from a successful water and hunting run to their den, where their eggs and mates rest while the Alpha leads the pack for hunting.

18375121014_dd5e8bb987_z.jpg

Before the rats enter the den, they check the surrounding area for any predators that could pose a threat if one rat sleeps to close to the entrance. The lava pool near the cave warms the room to a nice temperature for the sleeping rats. If a predator gets too close to them, these rats will curl up into their shell, which is disguised to look like an average rock, though, the Alpha is always flamboyant in what he wears, in order to show his power and leadership.

19000706361_87d7dd8b34_z.jpg

The Alpha is always the one to check inside first to make sure that everyone that stayed behind is still there, or to get any news that he may have missed. Or in case one of their natural predators, the worms of Guinevere. The worms have a constant way of destroying their dens and their eggs. Due to this, the Rats have to settle very close to the surface, occasionally, smaller, younger worms happen to break into the dens, these predators are causing a rapid decline in the Hermit Rat population.

18810010338_259e651797_z.jpg

Here we can see a prime example of how nature’s toxins can lead to life. When ancient reptilian creatures ruled Guinevere, one had stepped on a thin piece of crust and thus revealed this small area. The toxins where able to lock the foot print in place and allow seeds to grow. In a dead desert, trees like this are very rare, shrubs can be seen every so often. But water. Water is a rare resource here. Water is almost always nearly at boiling point. Many animals have had to find ways to use this, such as canaling it into higher points where the crust is thicker in order too cool it down. These rats are some of the hardest to sign animals on the planet. Due to their size and small numbers because hundreds of them die by falling into lava or because a volcano erupted nearby. Now here are some snaps of the area that this pack of rats live at:

(More Pics)

No Rats:

19000701981_e15407bbd9_z.jpg

Nothing Extra:

18375112584_212b61dfa2_z.jpg

Accessories/Rats:

18997677825_60c87a65d9_z.jpg

This concludes today's 15 minute GalaxyGeoWild Short!

=====

Yes. Rats

Again. If you want to see what my original challenge build was going to be, look in the spoiler below:

Happens before:

Rats, Ruins and Survival

19000709981_60d242e0c6_z.jpg

"After part of an Octan Ship landed near a rat den, rats all over the planet hailed it as a gift from their God. Due to this, the Rat King from that area decided to proclaim himself as the ruler of the planet, and thus, all rats must pay tribute.”

I never finished this build...Enjoy though.

Hope you enjoyed this build, C and C welcome!

~Beltar

Edited by Commander Beltar

Haha, I love the idea of hermit rats. The desert and plants look very good in their simplicity as well. Good job! :classic:

Haha, I love the idea of hermit rats. The desert and plants look very good in their simplicity as well. Good job! :classic:

Totally agree! Nice build!

Very nice idea! :thumbup: The dark red and dark tan plant looks great too!

Hermit rats! Love the idea! :wub: The style of the build also very much suits their display. Well done! :thumbup:

(don't look down there, little rats - thar be worms!)

Edited by aeralure

Thanks, man! :classic:

Totally agree! Nice build!

Thanks!

Very nice idea! :thumbup: The dark red and dark tan plant looks great too!

Thanks!

Whoa, that rat/headtail combo works surprisingly well. Great job!

I was surprised when I realized that the standing rat fit in too. Thanks!

Neat little build! I like the shrubs :thumbup:

Thanks!

Hermit rats! Love the idea! :wub: The style of the build also very much suits their display. Well done! :thumbup:

(don't look down there, little rats - thar be worms!)

Haha! A non-worm build! I just added something in there regarding worms...just to fit in with what other people are building after you mentioned that. :grin: But that is their den!

~Beltar

Great idea for the story - really well thought out! I love that the plants are growing out of an ancient footprint, and the hermit rats are brilliant!