Great looking model. And very densily packed.

I wonder if it would have taken less space if you would have chosen an automated gearbox to distribute the M-motor functions from one M-motor to 4 functions? Lego motors & receivers are quite bulky... OTOH delivering the functions from one central gearbox takes a lot of axles/gears as well...

Here's what I get every time I try to build independent suspension on the front:

800x600.jpg

I'm pretty sure that it's something to do with where I attached the 6L ball arms to the steering rack but as of yet I haven't solved the problem.

800x600.jpg

Those two lines have to be equal in length. If the vehicle’s width is determined (it means the red line’s width is determined), try to make some adjustments on the green line to make them equal.

Excellent photos, video, and one of the best studless cabins I've ever seen. The wheels look a tad small at first glance, though.

Thanks, Sariel. It does need bigger wheels.

Great looking model. And very densily packed.

I wonder if it would have taken less space if you would have chosen an automated gearbox to distribute the M-motor functions from one M-motor to 4 functions? Lego motors & receivers are quite bulky... OTOH delivering the functions from one central gearbox takes a lot of axles/gears as well...

I did consider the possibility of a gearbox and made a prototype roughly like this:

800x615.jpg

All same functions achieved but with a higher deck height, so I gave it up.

Edited by KevinMoo

I agree with you in some problems, for example height, and angle, but technically the truck is perfect and the overall shape is great, too!

Kevin, about the ballarms or suspension links, there are two types, part 32195 and 57515, one is 6 studs long, the other 6,5 studs long. Or you can try to make the steeringrack one stud longer/wider

Kevin, about the ballarms or suspension links, there are two types, part 32195 and 57515, one is 6 studs long, the other 6,5 studs long. Or you can try to make the steeringrack one stud longer/wider

32195 is pretty ancient to me and hard to get :classic:

That truck is awesome. I don't MOC technic so these fantastic builds really blow me away.

I can't believe no one has mentioned the black BMW on back. I can barely tell its Lego.

Amazing truck, hat off mate! Are you gonna make instructions? would like to add it to my collection even if i'm a bit scared about all parts' cost....

@pogie: You trully have eagle eyes, cause that BMW is really awesome - but 100% not LEGO :-P

The truck, on the other hand, is a woek of art!

Amazing truck, hat off mate! Are you gonna make instructions? would like to add it to my collection even if i'm a bit scared about all parts' cost....

Sorry mate, it’s imperfect so I won’t make instructions.