The Green Dragon Inn - AoM: Inn Phase III

See the previous tales:

Wyndor's Saga:

Chapter 1

-What Has Past-

Chapter 2

-What Has Past-

Chapter 3

No rest for the weary. As soon as Wyndor had returned home from settling things in Treacleheim, he received word from Pjeter. When the beacon of Dalig Ulv had been lit, Pjeter had expected help to come, what he hadn’t expected was the announcement that most of the guild leaders would be showing up in their town. With only a few days to prepare, the city cleaned itself up as best they could and began to welcome the important visitors. Lodging was arranged for the travelers in the largest, and best known inn of Dalig Ulv, The Green Dragon Inn.

18843106982_4f961db31c_c.jpg

18711066768_1fd2b915d7_c.jpg

18901585291_8ee642563d_c.jpg

18872476356_834bcf52a5_c.jpg

18278091353_449f5468f9_c.jpg

18711048688_de71286fd3_c.jpg

18711044958_ca58d3b348_c.jpg

Wyndor personally welcomed the most important of the visitors including Elon Chorian, Glorfindel, and Steen. With the war coming to a close in Kaliphlin, many people felt the freedom to travel again, including a few important guilders from Nocturnus and Avalonia.

18893436302_94cf268d06_c.jpg

Wyndor invited all the visitors to make themselves comfortable before they got down to discussing the business that had brought them all together.

18901580651_bbb151eac9_c.jpg

18893499912_24639d02c6_c.jpg

18278082863_5a631d17f8_c.jpg

18276179134_466dd8d3aa_c.jpg

18712555589_24dffd6f80_c.jpg

18872447426_c7288a2711_c.jpg

18276161684_427a30acd1_c.jpg

18893460602_97545f2b72_c.jpg

18710999260_9bddb10276_c.jpg

18710996130_0ae561a125_c.jpg

18567096138_38c4720464_c.jpg

18711001398_7a3c0d3c49_c.jpg

18710984930_eaf8c90bef_c.jpg

When beds were found, dinner was over, and old friends re-acquainted; Elon and the other guild elders caught Wyndor before he left for home.

Wyndor, I’m afraid we must detain you” he began.

18754873325_588030ddbd_c.jpg

I hope you’ve found your accommodations to your liking” said Wyndor who noticed that Steen looked quite unhappy.

“Yes, the hospitality of Dalig Ulv is unrivaled. Unfortunately, I’ve asked to detain you for a less pleasant business” started Elon. “You see, these gentle-elves have come as more than just emissaries from Avalonia.”

18710985738_4ee496221c_c.jpg

The elves just glared at Wyndor so Elon continued, “As you may have heard, certain clans among the dwarves of Mitgardia were found to have trespassed through the elvish territory of Avalonia against the express wishes of the council. These emissaries have brought word that the dwarves of Dalig Ulv were among those guilt parties who disobeyed the council. DeGothia has helped to confirm that these are facts and not elvish conjecture. Now, as a leader of Dalig Ulv and as the last human to have contact with the dwarves before they left there is a certain amount of responsibility on your shoulders right now.”

“Please tell me,” interrupted Wyndor, “Is Rothgar okay?”

Since the elves just continued to glare at Wyndor Elon continued explaining, “Yes, he and his men came to no harm while they were in Avalonia. They are being held in a prison not too far from the Mitgardian border.”

“What can I do to free them?” asked Wyndor.

18278022693_8862f95d2a_c.jpg

“Please know that we are not saying you are guilty in any way” Elon said, seeming to direct the comment more at the elves than at Wyndor, “but it has been decided that if you will agree to be temporarily banished from Dalig Ulv and Mitgardia, Rothgar and his men will be freed.”

Wyndor looked to Glorfindel for help. He hung his head and said, “I’m sorry Wyndor. This was not an easy decision for us to make. But the relationship and trust we have with the other guilds is a very important thing and everyone agreed that a break in that trust should require a reaction that shows dedication to upholding it. It was either this or allow the dwarves to face punishment by the elves, and we knew you wouldn’t want that.”

You’re right, I don’t” answered Wyndor. “You said ‘temporarily,’ when will I be allowed to return?”

“As this is a punishment because of a the actions of certain members of our guild against another, we have agreed that an act that shows your dedication to protecting not just Mitgardia, but all guilds would be sufficient proof that restitution has been made” replied Elon. “Bring us a way to fight against the Algus and protect not just Mitgardia, but Avalonia and the other guilds too.”

One of the elves finally opened his mouth to spit out, “Good luck, you would need a dragon to stop those beasts if the tales are true and a useful dragon hasn’t been seen for hundreds of years.”

“I’m sure you’ll find something, and soon” said Steen. “We have faith in you Wyndor.”

“You have a fortnight to get your affairs in order, and then you must leave Mitgardia” ended Elon. The other guild leaders touched Wyndor on the shoulder to show their support before they and the elves went back inside. Wydnor was left alone feeling that life was just not fair.

OoC: Sorry, I know it's anticlimactic to the story, but I couldn't resist taking a group shot of all the sig-figs I made. I did not purposefully leave out those from Kaliphlin, though I guess it's fitting since their civil war is still going on. I also made a whole bunch of Kali figs awhile back and wanted to make those I hadn't yet. I'm sorry if I left anyone out who was hoping to be here. I tried to use mostly just my existing collection and couldn't make everyone.

18728575196_1f6be68c22_c.jpg

Buildings with bridges are so cool and his is no exception! I also love the detailed street, the beds and the peg at the entrance of the bar, just to name a few things. Oh and the groupshot of all the sigfigs, haha! Overall very well done :thumbup:

This is a great looking inn, and I like how it's built open on the sides and from above. The interior is also great, and there's lots of fun details. The story is also excellent.

The interior is great, and I love how you made it so realistic in design by using the overhang that was typical for medieval wayhouses.

EDIT: also, after the great gathering stories you recently build, I guess I will be going by the name `Hagen the Absent` from now on :wink:

Edited by Tomsche

Very nice inn, and I love all the activity going on! The walkway underneath looks really good too, and its cool to see so many sigfigs!

Detailed inns rank among my favorite subject matter and this one is lovely. The roof is a bit simple but its overall design is good; perhaps a little more texture would spice it up. The bridge/walkway over the road is an excellent feature and the details on the walls are nice. The bunk beds are pretty cool but my favorite part is the eating area with its suitably grand fireplace. Good work and nice job on the story.

Very nice inn MKJ, great lot of sig-figs here as well! :wink: I see why Steen isn't happy out there, he's just been called away from his meal! :laugh:

Thank you all! As the final build in completing the AoM challenge, I really wanted to go out with a bang. I'm glad you like it.

also, after the great gathering stories you recently build, I guess I will be going by the name `Hagen the Absent` from now on :wink:

I'm sorry! I don't have your character's hair piece :cry_sad:

I really like the architecture of the inn. The two main halves connected by the "bridge" are too cool. There're a lot of nice details included also--the patchwork quilts, the hat stand, the lanterns on the tables, etc.

Very nice work MKJoshA!

Great moc MK and nice sigfigs there too! :) I heard Mitgardians are visiting a fortress in Euosmos, to watch the preparation of the army there and the supplies being sent to our frontline fortress Rekkrfell.

Edited by Gunman

Amazing compound and some great shots at it. I reall like the story too and of course the group shot. I'm quite a sucker on these!

Man I'm sorry I missed this. The MOC itself is really eye catching, true to Mitgardian architecture and story as always is very enjoyable.

You really nailed the Mitgardian look here! The size is much more appropriate than many LEGO inns I've seen, and the various rooms are all well detailed :thumbup:

Very cool stone and woodwork textures too. You did a good job with all the weird angles in the roof, though I think a lower overview angle for the main picture would be better, since you weren't able to completely roof the inn. Which I totally understand, roofs, and cut-away interiors are a huge pain to put together.

Didn't see that twist in the story coming :cry_sad: , I hope Wyndor can complete his mission quickly.