shmails

[Challenge #1] Great Hawks Of Donwarr [O-E01]

18935201596_4d3309ea3e_z.jpg

---------- Start Log -----------

My initial report on Donwarr is a mixed bag. There is plenty of water here, and it is not at all difficult to retrieve it or use this planet as a refueling station for our fleet. However, there are some extremely large animals here that may cause us some problems if they are not kept at bay.

On my way down to the surface, as I searched through the mountainous landscape for a good landing spot, i caught a glimps of large Hawk-like creature landing atop one of the peaks of a large range. Its size was tremendous, it could take on a dropship in a fair fight, and it seems to be breeding at a a good rate, which means there could be flocks of these animals here.

I have included a few pictures of the animal described above, and will continue to search for more, but we may want to look elsewhere if ease and simplicity are on the agenda.

---------- End Log ----------

18935200736_006d145959_z.jpg

18340797973_e03bd26586_z.jpg

Here is the folder with larger photos: https://www.flickr.c...157654373276580

The hawk is inspired by Detomasso's wonderful bird creations. Enjoy!

Oh. My.

This is just breathtaking :wub: That hawk is incredible! Beautiful FP landscape too :thumbup:

Awesome build! Really like the nest and the mountain background!

Edited by Mike S

Incredible! I love the wings, the background, and the fact that the nest is made of battle droid parts. :wub: Excellent work! Glad you're building for Octan!

Such a great build. One of the things I like about it, oddly, is that it could fit into any role-building game pretty much. It's great that you chose to use it for AG.

Sheesh.

Everything you build is outrageous in it's spectacularity.

Everything.

I'm not jealous of your talent, ability, or vision. Not in the slightest. Nope.

Fantastic build shmails, lovely job on the bird, nest, and landscaping! :wub:

Oh wow. That hawk and that nest are just incredible-I truly feel it could just fly out of the picture right now!

Hahaha, I feel like I never have anything worthwhile to say about your builds except "awesome". Very cool bird, love the feathers, but its certainly the forced perspective that makes this build. Those clouds below the bird… perfect. Maybe my only gripe is where the mountains meet the water? Feels a little flat, not as organic as the rest of the build… but I don't know exactly how I'd suggest fixing it. Really stunning regardless.

That nest looks fabulous, the bird's shape is great too especially those wings! Good job on the FP as well!

The bird is fantastic. I have a thing for raptors (have you noticed?) and you did a great job on this one. I may need to hire you to bring my insignia to life...

You folks are too nice to me!!! :wub: Thanks so much for the wonderful words. I always appreciate all of the feedback!

@Zepher - I always appreciate honest feedback, so thanks you. I did have more "depth" to the mountains/water transition, but it made the scene two studs too long for the rules of the contest. When I shortened it, you lost the sense of water, so I chose this middle ground. I also wanted to do sky and clouds behind the mountains, but size is what is. Amazing how you always see the same flaws I do, thanks again!

Oh shmails, how can we mere mortals hope to win any challenges with builds like these to compete against? :wub:

Beautiful work, truly.

Amazing! Great pose, nest and background! NPU on the droid parts. It's surprising how there are almost no studs showing, too.