Sign in to follow this  
marcu22

Free Build - Marketplace of Barqa

Hi Eurobricks,

I want to present you a free build I was building on for a few weeks. It all started with LJ and SK building their beautiful Katoren. So i decided to get in to oriental city building and chose my SigFig's hometown Barqa. Cityleader: Gideon. Perfect to get an advice for question's about architecture and stuff...I took all the tan bricks I got and tried to build something represantive for Barqa.

In my build i show a trading place in the center of Barqa, i tried to get a relation to the native agroculture and the fisherman's / the sea. I also brought in several ''races'' of Historica, like Elves, asian styled Ulandians, Orks and so on...Think this typically for an seaport like Barqa. Mixed cultures are also shown in the variety of the used architecture. The main blueprint of this build is leant to the market place of Siena,Italy. Awesome place i have been to once!

So here is my Marketplace of Barqa:

18932195215_d1c9097e44_c.jpg

Some detailed Pic's:

18933006055_26c04bbee3_c.jpg

18312348163_6cff3ed3a4_c.jpg

18312349983_b8a578c010_c.jpg

Hope you guys like my creation,

and correct if there are historical mistakes in some part.

Regards,

marcu

All my Pics on Flickr!

Edited by marcu22

Wow, truely amazing! I like the houses and all the activity going on. Only point of criticisme I have is that the colour scheme could be more varied and vivid, but that's it. Great build!

Fantastic build marcu, the buildings and stands are excellent and I really like the fountain and trees! Your attention to detail is superb as well, as the ice in the fish trays and the chicken pen! It's great to see Ulandus represented in the great city of Barqa!

Very nice! I really like all the vendors, and the way you hung up the shark for the fishmonger caught my eye. Lovely. :classic:

Very nice build!! You managed to get a bustling feel to it and there are a lot of nice details here. Great job!

That's a lovely marketplace. The different vendors and buildings are nice and I really like the big fountain. The colors match up with other builds from that area; it would look more vivid with more variety but I like the understated nature as shown. The dark tan path makes a good contrast throughout the scene. The architecture of the big building looks great and it makes an impressive sight in the overview photo. Good work!

That's a beautiful market place. I especially like the fountain and the scenery around it with the vendors.

Very nice build Marcu, I really like the little splashes of green with the various plants! The white on the tower also adds some agreeable color variation!

Very glad to hear that our Katoren layout inspired you :sweet:

Your various buildings are all excellent, good work getting some angles implemented into them :thumbup: The main building provides a nice background for the build, and the fountain adds a nice splash ( :laugh: ) of color.

Lots of neat activity going on with the minifigures: I spy a thief! And the various market stalls look great as well :classic:

Thanks for all your Feedback! After this bigger build, i have enough pieces to get into four-side viewable buildings. Also interior would be an idea...I just love Kaliphlin...

Lovely work, Marcu! All the details and just the general aesthetic are wonderful! I'm sure Gideon will appreciate the HSS points. :wink:

Seeing this I really need to build some Kaliphlin stuff. Great work on the different houses, which is hard to pull of having to work with just a few colors. Also, all the figs make it really a lively marketplace!

Impressive work, Marcu :classic:

I love the fountain and the whole market scene.

Loving the concentration of the detail in the center, the fountain and all the vendors are superb, overall this is an excellent moc, I don't mind the amount of tan, with Kaliphlin tan is the predominant color and you can't go wrong with it, it makes you more drawn to the splashes of color, allowing you to very easily guide the viewers eyes to where the main details are. Good job!

Very nice to see more of the great trading hub Barqa :classic:

I really like the amount of details and various everyday events going on in the build.

I also generally accept the amount of tan as Barqa is a very tan city, but one problem is that details in tan like the statue tend to get a bit hard to see.

Edited by Gideon