Blondie-Wan

The "Show Your Armies" thread: Licensed Themes Edition!

There are dedicated threads in a number of the forums for presenting images of one's masses of minifigures from various themes (such as Star Wars, the Castle-related themes, etc.) that lend themselves to accruing huge numbers of uniformed "troops" and background populations. There doesn't seem to be one for the licensed themes, though (outside the ones that go in other forums), so I thought I'd start one!

I was thinking about this recently when responding to an old post of Oky's in a minifigure-collecting thread over in General Discussion; he had shown (years ago) his complete set of Toy Story minifigures, albeit including unique characters and excluding duplicates, so not really an "army-building" sort of thing. I, too, collected the Toy Story line, and tried to get lots of extras of the theme's two different varieties of little green guys. I'm therefore going to kick this off with my Army men and Pizza Planet aliens, and here they are!

image_4.jpg

Look at that effective "Baseplate Environment" camo on those Army men! Good job, soldiers!

It's not as many as I'd like, but I know it's more than many people have, so I won't lament. It's also not all the ones I have, actually, since I still have several unopened sets - one more copy of 30071 Army Jeep (the Army man polybag), two apiece of 7595 Army Men on Patrol and 30070 Alien Spaceship (the PP alien polybag), and five of 7591 Construct-a-Zurg (I actually have a total of eight copies of that set, having found a great deal on it a while back). When I finally get around to opening them and putting them together, they'll add seven Pizza Planet aliens and nine Army men to what you see here, for grand totals of 23 and 30 of the two, respectively.

So, friends, how about the rest of you? Anyone care to show your Chitauri soldiers or Gotham City PD cops? Let's see them! And eventually I'll post all my German and Russian soldiers, Thuggees, and other folks from the Indiana Jones line. I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Great idea for a thread! While licensed themes outside of Star Wars and LotR aren't usually focused on army building, I'm sure some people have impressive armies nonetheless and I would love to see them.

To answer your question from the other thread, I don't usually army build. I only buy multiples of a set when I get a good discount on it and I focus on collecting one of each unique fig. However, I did build a small army of LGMs (Little Green Men). :sweet: It's not as impressive as yours, but here they are:

18939339081_e4fb7c0d6f_z.jpg

I did cheat a little since six of them are from keychains. The two on the farthest right are the dirty variations. I also have five more of the Alien polybag and one Build-A-Buzz that I haven't opened, so that's six more. Like you, I kinda wish I had more, but this will have to do. One can never have enough of these little guys! :grin:

I don't have many of the Army Men as I only got two of the Patrol set and one polybag, so I wont bother posting them here. Same goes for my Marvel armies. I only have five Chitauri (two of them generals), four Sakaarans, and three Ultron Sentries. :sceptic:

I assume multiples of a main character don't count as an army? Because I'm sure we all have armies of Batmen, Spider-Men, Harry Potters, Indies, Jack Sparrows, Dastans, etc. :tongue:

(Note this picture is fake)

5853872737_20d8900e80_z.jpg

Send in the Clones by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

To answer your question from the other thread, I don't usually army build. I only buy multiples of a set when I get a good discount on it and I focus on collecting one of each unique fig. However, I did build a small army of LGMs (Little Green Men). :sweet: It's not as impressive as yours, but here they are:

Hey, it's only two fewer than what I have in my own pic (and your photography's better, too!). None of mine are keychains, though; I didn't get any of the "extended line" stuff, though I kind of wish I had. I did get at least one of each boxed, non-Duplo set, though, plus duplicates of a few, plus one Duplo set and multiples of the Army Jeep and Alien Spaceship polybags.

I did cheat a little since six of them are from keychains. The two on the farthest right are the dirty variations. I also have five more of the Alien polybag and one Build-A-Buzz that I haven't opened, so that's six more. Like you, I kinda wish I had more, but this will have to do. One can never have enough of these little guys! :grin:

Agreed!

I don't have many of the Army Men as I only got two of the Patrol set and one polybag, so I wont bother posting them here. Same goes for my Marvel armies. I only have five Chitauri (two of them generals), four Sakaarans, and three Ultron Sentries. :sceptic:

Hey, you have larger Marvel armies than I do! I do love Marvel, but I just haven't been able to get much of it, since a number of other lines are higher on my priority list and I have a hard enough time as it is getting everything I want from them. :( I have a whopping two Chitauri, alas. Perhaps the most impressive "army" I have Marvel-wise is my pair of Sentinels (I found two copies of 76022 X-Men vs. The Sentinel clearanced at $15 each! :grin: ).

I assume multiples of a main character don't count as an army? Because I'm sure we all have armies of Batmen, Spider-Men, Harry Potters, Indies, Jack Sparrows, Dastans, etc. :tongue:

I was actually thinking that might be a great idea for a thread, too - "Show us your Armies of One!", or some such thing. :tongue:

I think I could do very well in that one, at least for one theme; I collected the Indiana Jones line as aggressively as I could. Not only did I get all of the sixteen boxed, retail sets (plus the Brickmaster polybag), but of those sixteen, 7623 Temple Escape is the only one I have only one of - somehow, despite my limited means, I managed to get anywhere from two to eleven copies apiece of those other fifteen sets, and every set in the line includes a version of the title character. Counting the several I have yet to open and assemble, I have over fifty minifigures of Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr.!

Hey, it's only two fewer than what I have in my own pic (and your photography's better, too!). None of mine are keychains, though; I didn't get any of the "extended line" stuff, though I kind of wish I had. I did get at least one of each boxed, non-Duplo set, though, plus duplicates of a few, plus one Duplo set and multiples of the Army Jeep and Alien Spaceship polybags.

Thanks! I guess you're right! :classic:

I got all of the Toy Story accessories, even the alarm clocks (as you already know), except for the watches. The only Toy Story related Lego products that I don't have are the Duplo sets and the promo bricks. I always kinda wanted the Duplo sets, especially the Pizza Planet Truck, but I never saw them at a decent price. Oh well.

I think I could do very well in that one, at least for one theme; I collected the Indiana Jones line as aggressively as I could. Not only did I get all of the sixteen boxed, retail sets (plus the Brickmaster polybag), but of those sixteen, 7623 Temple Escape is the only one I have only one of - somehow, despite my limited means, I managed to get anywhere from two to eleven copies apiece of those other fifteen sets, and every set in the line includes a version of the title character. Counting the several I have yet to open and assemble, I have over fifty minifigures of Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones, Jr.!

Wow, that sounds like quite a collection! Can't wait to see some of it!

I'm surprised there aren't more people posting their licensed army pictures. I know licensed sets generally aren't as suited for army building as other themes such as Star Wars or Castle, but there is still tons of potential. Chitauri, Sakaarans, Ultron Sentries, Hydra Henchemen (or any super hero henchmen for that matter!), and Lone Ranger Cavalry to name a few. I would love to see some of these armies!

That's an impressive collection you got there Oky and Blondie-Wan, I hope to post mine later.

After seeing Pennas2000's amazing Doctor Who armies thread rise to the top of the forum again I decided to revisit this thread with my own ultra-impressive ranks of Whovian menaces:

image_12.jpg

:tongue:

Okay, so granted, they are just the Daleks and Weeping Angel included with a single copy of the Ideas set, which presently comprises the entirety of my LEGO Doctor Who collection, alas. Still, though, as I'm the first to put a Dalek or Weeping Angel army here, I can legitimately say I have the largest such armies in the thread, at least for the first several seconds or so after this posting.

:grin:

Meanwhile, since the last time I posted here, I've opened and put together one of my two remaining copies of Toy Story set 7595, so I can post a pic of my Army Men with four more troops than before, if I can overcome my innate laziness long enough to retrieve them all from the container they're presently in. Of course, I've also added a Pizza Planet Alien thanks to the Disney Minifigures series, but I'm weighing whether I want to count it alongside the others, since it doesn't share a uniform print with them for the, er... uniform. Part of me wants to get two more, though, so I can use the three from the Disney Minifigures line to represent my "hero" aliens (i.e., Andy's - when they're not filthy from the daycare and the garbage plant, anyway), while the others (the other "clean" ones, anyway) would all be "background" ones from Pizza Planet and elsewhere. I'm still mulling it over, though.

I do still have five Armey Men and seven Pizza Planet Aliens still sealed in unopened sets, though, of course. Certainly, whenever I do get around to finally opening them all, I'll come back and post my "complete" Toy Story armies at that time.

I have a pretty decent Army, but I don't know if the world (this thread) is ready for it! :)

Ready or not...

image_19.jpeg

image_21.jpeg

image_20.jpeg

My Army with a few custom SS Officers. Indiana Jones and the Adventurers are going to have their hands full!!!

Edited by redtrooper27

Oh, my. I'm duly impressed and envious. I have a pretty good number of German soldiers from having multiples of all sets in which they appear, but nowhere near that many. I should have posted them earlier. Alas, not all my Indy sets are open yet (most aren't, in fact), so many of them are still sealed up.

Indy's not among their ranks, though he has occasionally pretended to be. :wink:

Aside from the four custom SS, I count 82 "stock" soldiers there in your troops, redtrooper27, including 12 with the biker / pilot helmets (six apiece in brown and black). I'm not seeing the barechested giant German mechanic played by Pat Roach and found in 7683 Fight on the Flying Wing; do you not have him, or are you just not including him alongside everyone else in full uniform? Also, did you Bricklink those, or get them the old-fashioned way, in sets?

My own Indyverse German forces, aside from whatever customs I might throw together, currently have 21 soldiers in kepi hats, and eight drivers / pilots (four apiece in black and brown helmets), for a total of 29 fully-uniformed soldiers, plus two copies of the ill-fated mechanic; since he's a specific, unique character, I'll ultimately part one out for other uses and keep the other as originally intended, thus giving me a nice round 30 troops. All of them come from sets:

7x 7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure (7 x 3 = 21 kepis)

2x 7683 Fight on the Flying Wing (2 brown pilot helmets + 1 mechanic, + 1 extra mechanic)

4x 7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase (4 black biker helmets)

2x 7198 Fighter Plane Attack (2 brown pilot helmets)

Most of these sets are yet to be opened and assembled; I've been waiting for that ideal time to build all my duplicates and whatnot. I'll post them eventually, though.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

First off, all of those unopened Indy sets would drive me insane!!!!

I have 2 of the flying wing sets, but 3 of the shirtless German.

I have a small Russian army from the last film.

I also have a bunch of the different Indys.

I think that a very small percentage of my total amount of Indiana Jones minifigs came from the sets j got. Most of them were either eBay minifig lots, Bricklinked (full or just torso) or purchased from my local independent LEGO hobby shop!

I have a pretty decent Army, but I don't know if the world (this thread) is ready for it! :)

Ready or not...

My Army with a few custom SS Officers. Indiana Jones and the Adventurers are going to have their hands full!!!

*oh2* That looks amazing, a very good job!

First off, all of those unopened Indy sets would drive me insane!!!!

They do me, too, but at the time I got most of them I was living in an eensy studio apartment and didn't have enough space to really put together everything I wanted to. I've also been thinking I might sometime like to do a review of the complete theme for this place or YouTube or something, so I've sort of been waiting for that ideal moment. Unfortunately, while I do have all of the boxed retail sets plus the Brickmaster polybag, I no longer have sealed copies of three of them, nor do I have any of the ultra-limited, ultra-rare stuff like the convention exclusives. Maybe I should just go ahead and open all the rest...

I have 2 of the flying wing sets, but 3 of the shirtless German.

I have a small Russian army from the last film.

I also have a bunch of the different Indys.

I think that a very small percentage of my total amount of Indiana Jones minifigs came from the sets j got. Most of them were either eBay minifig lots, Bricklinked (full or just torso) or purchased from my local independent LEGO hobby shop!

I haven't been able to bring myself to go the Bricklink route yet, though I might give in eventually.

I have exactly two copies of each set featuring Russian soldiers from the fourth movie, so I have 12 "generic" Russian soldiers, plus Spalko and Dovchenko (and their duplicates). I also have five copies of 7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle, so I actually have more cemetery warriors than I need; I'll use the rest for other purposes. More importantly, the five Akator Crystal Skulls from those sets, plus the eight from my two copies apiece of 7627 Temple of the Crystal Skull and 7628 Peril in Peru, give me enough crystal skulls to recreate all 13 skeletons (though I now also have the second minifigure magnet set, which also includes one of the skulls).

I also have four copies of 7199 The Temple of Doom, so four "regular" Thuggee, plus Mola Ram and the giant chief Thuggee guard (and their three clones apiece, of course). I really wish there were Thuggee battle packs, though...

Finally, I have three copies of 7197 Venice Canal Chase, two of 7282 Shanghai Chase, and ten of 7195 Ambush in Cairo, and so have the quasi-army-builders from those.

Edited by Blondie-Wan