Guyliane

Scaling LEGO Eiffel Tower to 2m50cm tall

Hi All,

First post in here, after many month at looking at all the beautiful things that eveyrone is making.

I have been mandated in my office to make something iconic and outstanding that we will be proud of and with the wow factor. So as we're in Paris, I said "Sure, ok, let's make the eiffel tower then".

Based on the 10181 Set, I scaled up the model with LDD, and after one month making the model, bricklinking all the parts and building this, we make this :o)

But everything didn't came up as planed, especially the legs part, which turns out to be very challenging, it took me 4 attempts to make it strong enought to sustain the weight of the 2 parts above.

18895966326_6ac12fa523.jpg

Hope you like it

Edited by Guyliane

Wow that looks amazing, I was born in France so I have seen the Eiffel tower myself and yours looks quite realistic

One more thing, what techniques did you use to scale it up

Looks great! I'm sad I was not into Lego when the Eiffel Tower set was available :(

Edited by karmajay

Pretty cool tower!! I hope no-one will ever kick it whilst vacuumcleaning the floor or something....

Guyliane, and iconic it is! :-) Impressive Eiffel tower! Do you happen to have more pics of the build and some close-ups, especially how you solved the stability problem?

Nice work. Largely because of stability issues (both the set's and my own), I found 10181 to be the most challenging Lego set that I've built. But, as shown by your outstanding work, the effort is well worth it. Even more so when it's super sized like yours.

Edited by Off the wall