LEGO World NL 2015

18293939494_8123df3af4_c.jpg

The preparations for LEGO World in the Netherlands have started. The last couple of years it has been more for the Dutch AFOLs, but this year we like to welcome AFOL’s from outside the Netherlands, to make it a proper international event again.

For the last 2 years LEGO World has taken place in the centre of The Netherlands in the city of Utrecht instead of Zwolle. The venue will be the Jaarbeurs, next to Utrecht central station, easy to

reach by train. As usual the event will be around the autumn holidays in The Netherlands, from October 21st to 27th 2015. The Jaarbeurs is a modern complex, with a proper dining room and good facilities.

One of the important sections of the event is the Fanzone. Here many AFOLs will get the chance to show their work to the audience. As the event is very popular in the Netherlands many fans will subscribe and many great builders will come with their latest MOCs and layouts.

If you are interested being part of this year’s LEGO World NL, click on the link below for the subscription form. The information about the event and the subscription are in the newsletter (link in the subscription form).

Subscribe

Don’t wait too long, because subscription will close on July 15th. As the space is limited the Steering Group will review all entries based on size, quality, presentation and attractiveness for the visitors.

But we can facilitate many AFOLs for sure!

Information

• The event will take place from October 21st to 27th.
  • Setting up on 20th of October (first week) or 24th of October (last week).
  • We are still sorting out the price for exhibitors accommodations. Last year this was €10 per night.
  • Every day a shuttle bus will take you from and to the venue.
  • All meals are free.
  • Several attractive goodies for exhibitors.
  • Sale evening on Friday 23th of October, parts can be bought for LUG-bulk prices (in Euro’s).
  • AFOL diner is on Saturday 24th of October

We are looking forward your application. Happy building!

Best regards,

Steering Group LEGO World NL 2015

Important!

If you are interested and you have any question, it's better to send an email to legoworldnederland@gmail.com instead of posting a reply in this topic!

Well, i got some things ready, and have been interested in doing this. but i'm afraid some of the things i want to show are not ready in October.

I think i won't have a sheer amount next year, maybe i'll give it a shot in 2016 :sweet:

Well, i got some things ready, and have been interested in doing this. but i'm afraid some of the things i want to show are not ready in October.

I think i won't have a sheer amount next year, maybe i'll give it a shot in 2016 :sweet:

Im usually at all lego worls. If you only have a few models you could ofcourse make a project with others! And for the things that are not ready,be quiker haha. Lego world definitely is a great event your young and old! You should not miss it! But that is my opinion.

I heard from a friend that LEGO World has changed for the worse ever since it moved from Zwolle to Utrecht. Can anyone relate?

I heard from a friend that LEGO World has changed for the worse ever since it moved from Zwolle to Utrecht. Can anyone relate?

That's certainly not true on a whole. If you came to Zwolle to buy second hand Lego from traders, Utrecht would have disappointed you. But otherwise many things are better, for instance the quality of the exhibition (no more collections of sets (after seeing the 20th Green Grocer I was fed up with it), but only mocs) and the venue itself (much larger, no overcrowding like in Zwolle, better connections by train). So stories like this shouldn't stop you to pay a visit.

I live in Zwolle myself and I prefer Utrecht, the venue is much better. Temperature, acoustics and generally everything is better there. Zwolle (ijsselhallen) was (still is) a place which was build to trade cattle indoors. Utrecht (jaarbeurs) is a building that is build to house events like Legoworld.

That's certainly not true on a whole. If you came to Zwolle to buy second hand Lego from traders, Utrecht would have disappointed you. But otherwise many things are better, for instance the quality of the exhibition (no more collections of sets (after seeing the 20th Green Grocer I was fed up with it), but only mocs) and the venue itself (much larger, no overcrowding like in Zwolle, better connections by train). So stories like this shouldn't stop you to pay a visit.

Oh, that is very helpful to know! The mocs have priority for me, followed by the second hand sellers. As a kid, I always liked seeing and buying old sets that I otherwise would never even have known about. More mocs means more fun! Hope I can pay a visite this year, maybe I can even meet some of you :wink:

I hope to participate this year! I hope to meet many of you!

(if I'll goarrow-10x10.png throug the registration, I'll be there with a castle/fantasy layout!)

Can't wait to go again! :laugh: One of the most fun day's of the year; watching great builds, talking with fellow afols, scoring some loot. :grin:

Seems like I might be going, actually. I was there two (three...?) years ago, mainly as a visitor, and had a great time, and will be very excited to possibly come back as an exhibitor - for the first half of the event. Who else is going/have applied?

Can't wait to go again! :laugh: One of the most fun day's of the year; watching great builds, talking with fellow afols, scoring some loot. :grin:

Since you say "one" of the most fun days, I take it you'll only be visiting? I'd love to say hi, and if you'd consider bringing a couple of your sweet hotrods, we could do a meet and greet with some of mine... :)

Edited by L@go

L@go: are you going untill sunday or saturday?

Are there any other non-dutch builders going?

I am currently waiting for reponse on my/our group layout.

When we are allowed, my module will be there the whole period and my personal presence depends on how my study goes at that time. Other participants in the layout are Alois, Aawsum, moos, Vliebricker and Wilbert306.

So I am getting quite excited. :grin:

If I'm accepted, I'll be there for the first part of the event.

Here is a short list of great builders that go to LW 2015 in the Netherlands and please for give me the people i forgot,

@Lago, @Sheepo with friends, @Barman, @Jurgen Krooshoop, @ Davekuhh, @UrbanErwin, @Jaapxaap, @Legotrucks, @DesignerHan, @2LegoOrNot2Lego,

@ BricksonWheels, @Konajra, @Mahjqa, @Patrick Bosman, @Dirk Klein, @NKLE, @Eti, @LegoMathijs, @Pattirhu, @Silvio, @Aawsum, @Jourrinbax and myself and all the people i forgot.

Yea, I'm in with my purple medieval/fantasy layout!

I'm really exited, cause its the first time for me to show my builds on a LEGO event!

Very much looking forward to seeing those of you again who I already know, and meeting new people in Utrecht!

I will be there as well. And as previous years with a new layout made together with members from Lowlug.

Very much looking forward to seeing those of you again who I already know, and meeting new people in Utrecht!

Awesome to hear you can come!(didn't expect less)

I missed your name on that list, but hoped you'd be there anyway :)

Seems like I might be going, actually. I was there two (three...?) years ago, mainly as a visitor, and had a great time, and will be very excited to possibly come back as an exhibitor - for the first half of the event. Who else is going/have applied?

Since you say "one" of the most fun days, I take it you'll only be visiting? I'd love to say hi, and if you'd consider bringing a couple of your sweet hotrods, we could do a meet and greet with some of mine... :)

Yeah, just visiting; also got a lan party in that same week. Haha, you got a deal! let's do that. :)

Haha, you got a deal! let's do that. :)

Brilliant! See you there then. Do you know which day you'll be visiting?

Me to, and have seen you with the AFOL evening in 2013 for Megan's book, but does not met you then.