Sign in to follow this  
Hanso

What happened to Railbricks?

Hi all,

Does anybody know what happened to Railbricks (www.railbricks.com)? My team and I wrote an article about our fully automated train layout, send it to the editor in November. He promised to published it somewhere around January. Contacted him now and then and he promised each time that it would be published 'soon'. On my latest email, he didn't respond.

Does anybody know how he is doing?

/Hans

Hi all,

Does anybody know what happened to Railbricks (www.railbricks.com)? My team and I wrote an article about our fully automated train layout, send it to the editor in November. He promised to published it somewhere around January. Contacted him now and then and he promised each time that it would be published 'soon'. On my latest email, he didn't respond.

Does anybody know how he is doing?

/Hans

I was wondering the same thing. The Railbricks forum is full of spam (and spammers) and the blog hasn't been updated since January, also the model / instructions index haven't been touched since 2013. Makes me wonder what happened to such promising idea: I've been reading since issue 2.

When I posted the topic, I (re)send an email to the editor. Still no reply :sad: . He is probable abducted by Aliens.

Lego.jpg

/Hans

Edited by Hanso

Maybe the new baby. ;)

If this is serious, than I could understand that he is occupied now. But still: why doesn't he just send a short email that he is too busy right now?

/Hans

Hans and all,

First, I'm still alive and well!

Unfortunately I did fall into the LEGO abyss, which I hadn't actively realized until a couple of weeks ago. I literally haven't even opened the RAILBRICKS email account for a few months, or checked any LEGO forums, been involved with my local LUG, or even walked down the LEGO aisle at the store.

Knowing that I was going to be busy, the RAILBRICKS team and I talked about a transition plan for the magazine earlier this year. We started to get a plan together, then everything just sort of stopped, with all of us sort of dropping out of site.

We do still have material to print, including the article by Hans, which is an excellent piece that really does need to be shared with the community. It'll take me a bit to get back into everything to see where we left off.

The website is another issue altogether. We don't really have a single point person for it, so it tends to get neglected. Again, the team had some ideas for it, but we never followed through. I personally haven't even looked at the site there for a few months. I'll follow up with the team and see if we can at least get some of the spam cleaned up.

For now, I'm not going to make any promises on dates, but right after this post I'll send an email to the rest of the RAILBRICKS group and see if I can rally the troops. For me personally, I'm going to try to dig my way out of my 2nd dark-age and at least check email occasionally.

Apologies to everyone!

-Elroy

RAILBRICKS Editor

Hans and all,

First, I'm still alive and well!

Unfortunately I did fall into the LEGO abyss, which I hadn't actively realized until a couple of weeks ago. I literally haven't even opened the RAILBRICKS email account for a few months, or checked any LEGO forums, been involved with my local LUG, or even walked down the LEGO aisle at the store.

Knowing that I was going to be busy, the RAILBRICKS team and I talked about a transition plan for the magazine earlier this year. We started to get a plan together, then everything just sort of stopped, with all of us sort of dropping out of site.

We do still have material to print, including the article by Hans, which is an excellent piece that really does need to be shared with the community. It'll take me a bit to get back into everything to see where we left off.

The website is another issue altogether. We don't really have a single point person for it, so it tends to get neglected. Again, the team had some ideas for it, but we never followed through. I personally haven't even looked at the site there for a few months. I'll follow up with the team and see if we can at least get some of the spam cleaned up.

For now, I'm not going to make any promises on dates, but right after this post I'll send an email to the rest of the RAILBRICKS group and see if I can rally the troops. For me personally, I'm going to try to dig my way out of my 2nd dark-age and at least check email occasionally.

Apologies to everyone!

-Elroy

RAILBRICKS Editor

Dear Elroy,

Good to hear that you're still around. Hope that you will be soon out of the abyss.

And please take care. Health is something you can't buy or make from Lego.

617N-10donL._SY355_.jpg

/Hans

I used to enjoy the build instructions posted on the website. I've tried to visit it, but nothing shows up except the logo.

I'm genuinely curious what's happening with the site. Will it ever come back up?

This question has been asked before. Perhaps the mods will merge it into the previous topic. But for a short answer, Railbricks if offline. It was a bit of a monumental task, and personal events made it so the mods couldn't keep up with it anymore.