Sign in to follow this  
Migalart

Playable castle

I decided to take some rest from large MOCs and do something small. I also wanted to do something for my son because my last MOCs were not too much playable.

So this time I did something not for Exhibitions. Small playable castle in assuming toy for a boy at the age of 8-12 years. I tried to fit on a small area (1 base plate 32x32) as many as possible of playable elements. More than one base unit plate for child fun does not have too much sense since the castle must be reasonably mobile.

The castle also refers to my first MOC of the prior three years and is prepared to expand with new modules if I ever want.

As I said in the near future I do not plan to take this castle to any exhibition. It will remain in my son’s room until he gets tired of it :D.

Some statistics:

- Lowered gate

- 5 opening door

- 3 opened the hatch of the towers

- 7 opening walls

- 5 secret passages inside the castle (ie. Allowing escape from prison)

- 2 traps, where the road ends in jail

- stairs or ladder access to any place in the castle

- A removable roof

Two defense towers, prison with two cells, knights room, an armory, a lieutenant room, a room of magician.

pt001.jpg

pt002.jpg

pt003.jpg

pt004.jpg

pt005.jpg

It was hard to take the pictures inside. Here is one good exeption - the prison.

pt006.jpg

My inspiration. My first ever MOC after the dark age:

pt007.jpg

High resolution pictures at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/migalart/

Love the prison. I'm also a sucker for MOCs built on a higher brick built base. Great work on the whole build my friend. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

This looks really awesome! My kids (and me) would love this! So much to explore. You really did a great job making each area of the castle accessible. How sturdy is it? I'm especially thinking of those large opening parts of the walls, would they break if a kid slammed it a bit too hard? In any case, you did a really great job here! :classic:

Looks awesome, nice job. I'm also seeing some big improvements in the picture showing your old VS your new castle! Bit of a shame the moveable wall causes there to be a

long, line-like gap in the castle, though. Is it always there, or did you just happen to have the wall a little bit opened up during the taking of that picture?

And I must also ask - as I have seen them numerous times before now and still don't know - where do those green vines come from, and what are they?

This is a nice castle and an excellent play set. The design is really good and the build techniques give it a reasonable amount of surface texture. All the details are good, especially considering that many play sets wouldn't have them. Good work - and keep it up!

DO WANT. That is beautiful sir. Please, do more castles like that! Maybe put up some tutorial vids for us plebeian builders?

DO WANT. That is beautiful sir. Please, do more castles like that! Maybe put up some tutorial vids for us plebeian builders?