He's not going to use it anywhere. Just having some fun :). We also did a classic style photo with him holding a book about cookies.

. I am not sure his jeans are a good combination with that pin striped jacket and vest. :wink:

Oh I see, Neat, You could learn a lot from fun photo shoots.

I try to keep it fun, because it's an old hobby that has become a job :)

I see dr_spock, quite true. But, you can always crop, who doesn't love Jeans.

And beard, I see, Keep it like that, or it could get boring quickly.

Edited by hadidi1999

. I am not sure his jeans are a good combination with that pin striped jacket and vest. :wink:

True! Fortunately, in the actual profile photo, the crop is different because it's a square. But yes, you should go all the way when dressing up for the shoot. Who knows what the photographer might put into your hands!

Not 100% photography, but it's what I just put together for my channel cover image, a collection of three of my MOCs I have done. It took five hours of MS Paint work to change all of the backgrounds to plain white and compile them together, but I'm pleased with the result I have achieved :classic:

1280x344.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_Builder

This is my favorite picture I have taken. not sure if it is just the model.. but I like it

400x486.jpg

thanks

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

I try to keep it fun, because it's an old hobby that has become a job :)

Sometimes it is hard to pick up on sarcasm or joviality on the internet but I think your pic it is easy to realize. Immediately after seeing it I suspected some good-natured fun. I think it is hilarious.

Not 100% photography, but it's what I just put together for my channel cover image, a collection of three of my MOCs I have done. It took five hours of MS Paint work to change all of the backgrounds to plain white and compile them together, but I'm pleased with the result I have achieved :classic:

800x215.jpg

Well, why not Gimp. I like gimp.

Sometimes it is hard to pick up on sarcasm or joviality on the internet but I think your pic it is easy to realize. Immediately after seeing it I suspected some good-natured fun. I think it is hilarious.

Thanks!

Well, why not Gimp. I like gimp.

I initially tried it in Gimp, but I have no idea how to use it, it made no sense to me at all :laugh: I couldn't work out how to delete the background completely, so I decided that if I couldn't do that then I might as well just use MS Paint instead.

Yes, Gimp does take some getting used too. I didn't get it at first either, until I had to use it for a digital photography course.

I initially tried it in Gimp, but I have no idea how to use it, it made no sense to me at all :laugh: I couldn't work out how to delete the background completely, so I decided that if I couldn't do that then I might as well just use MS Paint instead.

I would suggest that you take a look at Sariel's Photo Processing Tutorial, it really helped me get started with gimp. And it is about 50x faster, once you have edited a few pictures :wink:

I have a couple questions, I have plans to buy a backdrop and some small photography lights. I think the usage of Led lighting would be better than standard tungsten lights, and reduce grain and noise in my video by addition of more pure light. I am between buying a Muslin and vinyl backdrop, though after reading the reviews of the vinyl I am skeptical, as I could by two muslin backdrops for the price of one vinyl one. Here's the products I am looking at.

Do you think the lights would be powerful enough, as I don't want to have massive diffusers due to the small space I have in my room.

And for backdrop, I think I will get a muslin black and white backdrops.

The lights http://www.amazon.co...NMC6PE5Z0GBYWPW

muslin backdrop http://www.amazon.co...=white backdrop

vinyl backdrop http://www.amazon.co...s=vynl backdrop

LED lighting is fine, but will need more softening to produce the same quality of light, it's generally a much smaller/brighter light source then other forms of light. RGB LEDS are the worst thing in the world to try and use for photos unless properly softened, as then tend to create three distinctly colored shadows otherwise.

I would suggest that you take a look at Sariel's Photo Processing Tutorial, it really helped me get started with gimp. And it is about 50x faster, once you have edited a few pictures :wink:

Cheers mate :classic: I've just completed my first photo and I'm really happy with it, so much better than MS Paint (surprise surprise :grin:).

This is the original image:

800x600.jpg

And this is the GIMPed version:

800x600.jpg

I'm definitely not perfect at it yet and the exposure is a bit off, but other than that it's awesome! :classic:

Edited by Kiwi_Builder

Whow bro, turn down the contrast on that GIMP'd image, its burning my screen! Seriously, you pumped the contrast too high and blocked up the shadows and blew out the highlights. Just a little color balance on the original would have been fine, unless you are looking for a posterization effect.

I used PS on your image, if you don't mind (I'll delete if you do). The final appearance is really a matter of opinion and taste, though.

640x480.jpg

Edited by JGW3000

I have no problem with you Photoshopping my photo :classic: What changes did you make? Because as far as I can see it's still exactly the same. I did a second image with the truck fully expanded the other night, and it has much lower contrast:

800x600.jpg

I'm much happier with this one for sure.

Cheers mate :classic: I've just completed my first photo and I'm really happy with it, so much better than MS Paint (surprise surprise :grin:).

(Snip)

I'm definitely not perfect at it yet and the exposure is a bit off, but other than that it's awesome! :classic:

I'm glad that I could help :classic: Now all you need is a little bit of practice! I have been using gimp for a couple of years now (on and off), and there are still little problems that I run into, even though I could probably fix most of those with a proper lighting setup. :laugh:

What changes did you make?

A did a quick contrast adjustment, burned (darkened) the headlights somewhat, adjusted color balance and reduced color saturation a bit. You can see that there is still detail in the backdrop cloth in my version, but not in yours. One possibility is that our monitors are calibrated for contrast and brightness differently, so we are seeing different versions of the same images.

You can see that there is still detail in the backdrop cloth in my version, but not in yours. One possibility is that our monitors are calibrated for contrast and brightness differently, so we are seeing different versions of the same images.

And for that, you can simply erase the background. I would personally use the Scissors select tool to cut the background out.

I got myself a greenscreen and some LED lights:

P1210836.JPG

This is the picture I got:

P1210835.JPG

As you can see, there are lots of shadows left and the green color is hard to remove from a photo....

BUT

The whole point of the greenscreen was this, which i think came up very well:

So what I learned today greenscreen + LED lights = Awesome for video editing, but not so good for photos

Now where to find a white/grey screen such as this....

Edited by Zblj

Zblj - neat, with more diffuse light your shadows will be less intense and easier to remove - also try keeping the background and shadow areas out of focus, which is hard to do with this type of photography - you could try using a clear support for the subject.

The whole point of the greenscreen was this, which i think came up very well:

So what I learned today greenscreen + LED lights = Awesome for video editing, but not so good for photos

Now where to find a white/grey screen such as this....

Wow, That is not bad, What software did you use?

Wow, That is not bad, What software did you use?

Adobe Premiere Pro, the same when I was working a video editor for a few months