For outdoor shots, I like pictures that make scale models look full size. This one by Holger Matthes is one of my favorites.

800x600.jpg

nice it would look better if it had black technic buckets

I was positive that we would have a galore of great shots :thumbup:! Like everyone who likes Lego and photography, it's a delight to see such nice models so well portrayed. Keep 'em coming!

12003680736_500d18bed4_z.jpg

And Luke's shot reminded of something. Back in the day of my diecast collections I also was a moderator at what at the time was the internet's biggest 1:18 diecast forum. To make things fun I started a contest where someone would post a close-up shot of a model, showing an important detail of it, and members would have to guess what model that was. The first person to guess would then post a close-up shot of one of his models until someone else guessed what it was. Maybe we could start something similar here? No MOCs allowed of course :grin:.

I've recently found myself in love with charcoal backdrop.

16765936181_8ba17a352d_h.jpg

17595518511_f48dcf63c9_h.jpg

16703968942_bef4938d14_h.jpg

Edited by Sariel

I consider myself a novice compared to many of ya'all, but recently I thoroughly noticed the need to doctor up my photos. I have written and posted more about it here:

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/414606

But briefly, pics are so much better when you doctor them up. To novices, it is a good idea to learn and play with software a bit to improve your photos. Sariel, as well as others have great tutorials in how to do this....

For example, your photos could look like this:

14346738511_DISPLAY.jpg

Or this...

1434673435m_DISPLAY.jpg

BIG difference.....

First of all I'm an amateur photographer, so I do mistakes that I try to improve, in any case, I want to share my experiences.

All pics were taken with a Canon EOS 700d, a 18-135mm lens a tripod and edited with Lightroom.

17208770722_b784e79a5e_c.jpg

In the pics above, I used a black background and 2 softboxes positioned on the sides, one in front of the other, on the floor, slightly pointed upward. I was careful to not illuminate the background, or at least, as little as possible.

The setting was:

Focal lenght: 59mm

Iso:100

f/13

t 0.3

16587972674_d18a412d05_c.jpg

Here I used a white background and I had to add 2 more lamps, because the background must be illuminated, more or less, double than the subject for be overexposed, and, in this case the subject starts to be a bit too big for my self made studio.

So I used the softboxes to illuminate the background and the two additional lamps for the subject.

The setting was:

Focal lenght: 50mm

f/14

t 1/5

15427782984_9ccc0cf581_c.jpg

This pics has a very similar studio set-up to that of the first photo. I just added a glass plate under the subject to give the reflection effects. Alternatively, it's possible to use plexiglass or similar.

The setting was:

Focal lenght: 92mm

f/22

t 1/5

... speaking of charcoal color.... although technically NOT charcoal, but a somewhat similar color, I just love the large panels in flat silver. If TLG already is making some Technic elements in this color, why can't they make a whole set in this color. I would love to see a new supercar in black and flat silver......(sorry for the digression but I wanted to point this out and didn't think it deserved a whole new thread)

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=64392

With a little post process vignetting, very nice!

:laugh:

Nice pics Polo-Freak!!

But can you resize them? They are too big (max 1024). Thanks

Some photos taken on locations not easy to access :laugh:

Also very nice pics! But also too big.

Can you resize them?

Thanks

Volvo L350F with Efferman's steering mod, Rock Crusher XT 1.9 tires and quite a few other changes to bring it closer to the real thing.

18974027622_829fae831e_b.jpg

Edited by therealjustin

Nice pictures guys, the gray background is indeed very nice ! I do not have so much talent at taking cool pics. I think this is one of my best photos taken so far :blush: .

14842919127_17e046cfcb_c.jpg

Nice pictures guys, the gray background is indeed very nice ! I do not have so much talent at taking cool pics. I think this is one of my best photos taken so far :blush: .

In your case, it has nothing to do with lack of talent. It's actually a pretty cool picture, but you lack a proper backdrop and lighting. That's a simple matter of investing some money :sweet:

Or try taking outdoor shots. There are some great examples in this topic.

Nothing amazing: Unlike the photography seen all over this topic, but I thought it was worth sharing...

Hi. It's better to use Flickr or Bricksafe and embed your images, instead of attaching them. The details are hardly visible this way.

Sorry Jim. I'm unable to embed the pictures at the moment because I can only do that through a computer/laptop which are both damaged :/ so my previous post was sent through my phone which doesn't allow me to embed or use advanced post features on eurobricks. But here's a link to my brickshelf page, where the picture is more visible: http://www.brickshel...3_31_51_pro.jpg

Volvo L350F with Efferman's steering mod, Rock Crusher XT 1.9 tires and quite a few other changes to bring it closer to the real thing.

Your image is too large. Can you resize to max 1024 wide?