Sign in to follow this  
WickNole

[O - H03] New frontiers

Tags: civil, building, exploration

Terrain: Rock

Start of transmission #04.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This week's target was to test a new standart-Octan-container sized habitation module in the hostile weather - and Kaalin's northern regions seemed a perfect spot for that.

It's a cold dry tundra with little life trying to survive against harsh winds and cold nights (during the day, though, it is pretty warm here, I could even open the walls and enjoy a bit of sunshine). All the flora here is no more than a few inches above the ground level, and I haven't yet detected any fauna. That's good news... :classic: Better no fauna at all then an abundance of it (I still have the nightmares of these days on Crofter's Ridge, probably should visit the medical bay on the base).

Bad news are that I haven't found any awesomnium ore here. Just nothing, not even a smallest piece of this awesome purple-colored ore. Even worst news are that there's no whitestone as well - the one that always accompanies awesomnium. The reports from other explorers, however, show lots and lots of awesomnium on other regions - so it seems that the planet is useful, after all.

Hopefully, at least the picture came out well.

I hope that this habitation module survives a few weeks here. And i really need this extra equipment delivered to enhance the module and start some serious testing procedures. The module is yet just a box with some basic live supporting equipment and initial food supplies. Even the opening function of the walls is useless as no extra floor space is available yet.

18817489942_92f0d94108_c.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

End of transmission #03.

The build:

18199941554_1711719a5f_c.jpg

18634858380_48e3492f08_c.jpg

18822566955_c5fa72a16f_c.jpg

Very great module. This should really be the standard container for explorers and engineers before they start errecting permanent strutures!

Whoa, that habitation module is amazing! Love the overall shape, but the door especially. Really dig the landscape too. I'm awful at landscape so I appreciate when others do it well.

Very nice build, the habitation module is really neat! :thumbup:

The module is awesome! And when combined with the composition of the terrain and sigfig, it makes for an incredible scene!

All the Wick Nole scenes always convey a sense of isolation to me...maybe it's the black and white photography.

Gorgeous module, Wick! You're a true engineer! That's a very sci-fi building you've made! The angles and everything are great! It's a wonderful outpost!

~Insectoid Aristocrat