Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - F09] Abundant Wasteland

Tags: Vehicle, Spaceship, Exploration

Nothing...

18768961452_d1d962d3f4_c.jpg

There is nothing here. So bleak. So empty.

The corporation will be happy with it. Awesomnium is just oozing from every pore of this mountain. But it'll just be another miners town. Booming, busting, being left for dead.

18747545246_741c6d7fc4_c.jpg

Getting back into the pilot seat is bitter sweet. After checking in with the new CEO on Kaalin (awesome name) it's been a long quiet couple of days getting over to Aruim Minor. The engineer I delivered equipment too was plenty chatty; so much so that it completely overwhelmed me and I'm afraid that I might have come off as rude to the humble man.

18587591019_ac2fc5261c_c.jpg

All of these trips, they wear a man down. I thought contracting with Octan was going to be a welcome reprieve from the constant constraints of being a family man. No fires to put out every evening. No second job as soon as I get home. Octan... that would be the answer to all of my problems. A great paycheck. A happy wife at home with all the latest gadgets to keep the house clean, food cooked, and diapers changed. A quiet bunk at night to get some real rest.

18776313321_31ff01e44a_c.jpg

That never happened. The peace, the rest, the security of it all. I traded the thing I love most for some thoughtless ambition for the future. I have to get them back. Surely there is somewhere in the new galaxy where he can be with my family. It will be tough. My career will take a hit. But this could be everything we've dreamed of. I WILL find that place. We WILL find our home. My purpose is renewed. My mission is clear.

18587743699_7d3dbde08c_c.jpg

I am consumed.

Woah. First off: Lovely story, it is deep, with a meaning. Second: Amazing build! Those rocks are great, the awesomnium representation is great...is it partially liquid? The Octan flag is a great touch too. But that ship...That ship is the bomb, so many great details on it, and it has a great shape, and the landing gears look great! Third: The way you did your border is really cool!

Overall, a top notch build!

~Beltar

The lanscaping is so cool! I love asymmetry of the rocks, the awesomnium flow, and the flag. The cockpit windows are extremely innovative. Great work!

I have favorited this on Flickr so I can come back and copy your brilliant ideas. I have no words really. I love the ship, I love the terrain.

Also, what a sad story for John Hannibal!

One of the best ships on AG so far, hands down. That landscape is no joke, either.

Really great ship! I love the choice of sand green - it works very well on the build but it also matches the sombre tone of the story. Great job! :thumbup:

The ship is great! Nice greebling, good color blocking, sweet chunky-yet-smooth shape--it's a win for me. :thumbup:

Why must Octan have such awesome shipbuilders!

We love technology. :laugh:

@goatman: Your ship is brilliant and I love the Awesomnium.

Beautiful ship, and you've had some awesome greebling on your last few entries.

As for missing your family, well...

"If all your days are rough

and it's too hard to stay happy,

just activate your guide,

and get a hug from CLAPPIE!"

What a lovely, lonely story. I love the isolation here. Very deep. Excellent characterization.

The build is, of course, excellent! The greebles are beautiful, the ship's shape is gorgeous, and the cockpit idea is innovative and cool! Great job! :wub:

~Insectoid Aristocrat