DarkDruid

[O-F09] O.C.S. Mammoth

Tags: Pilot, AG, Octan

+++++

BEGIN TRANSMISSION

+++++

I'm on board the O.C.S. Mammoth now. After that thing on that desert world we're going somewhere cooler! Anyway, mission report says I have to drop a base, which will be occupied by a new Octan scientist or explorer when the time comes.

+++++

END TRANSMISSION

+++++

18630088730_0063824941_c.jpg

18820431151_971dfaf970_c.jpg

The O.C.S. Mammoth carries two Modular Bases.

18791512256_134570094b_c.jpg

18791512046_5c02f1d9c2_c.jpg

The underside of the O.C.S. Mammoth, displaying how the walls of the Modules would be transported.

18221988303_398ec00cd2_c.jpg

The modules are latched on by a pair of axles on both sides, that can be moved to release the Module.

18837650362_1e90c0bf7a_c.jpg

18221987893_62de98fec1_c.jpg

[

Edited by DarkDruid

Cool! I really like the design of both the ship and the modular bases, looks really... Octanny! :wink: Do you perhaps have any more pictures on how the modular bases latches onto the big ship?

(Also (just because I have been reminding everyone for the future tonight), the deadline is 23:59 GMT (i.e. 00:59 CEST). Probably won't be a problem, the judges are generally nice, but it's good to remember. :wink:)

Agreed! This is awesome, but I'd love to see a few pictures of the attachment/release. Maybe a few more pictures in general in a spoiler. Great job and yeah, you even nailed the logo. The ship looks pretty nice in Octan colors too.

This is so cool! Maybe you should put this up on LEGO Ideas, I bet it would get a bunch of votes!

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I love everything about this from the brickbuilt Octan logo to the utility of the modules!

Great build with a perfect Octan feel, and not just because of the awesome brick built logos :thumbup:

Wonderfull! Mammoth indeed! This husky box for carrying modular pods is just so great! Wonderful modules, wonderful ship! I love the greebles particularly!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks guys! I added some extra images to display the latching system and stuff. I hope this clarifies some stuff. :laugh: