18183350943_677a91a83c_b.jpg

I don't like Gandalfs hair. When I was looking at the Hobbit, It seemed that Gandalfs wig resembles Thorins hair alot. So i painted the piece gray. But I'm stil not sure. Any idea's?

The hat with the hair was another experiment.

This is my own Gandalf - I used the hair of one of The LEGO Movie minifigures (CMF) and trimmed down the beard using a knife until it fit more properly:

77fc697d59c852162362323a881ce534.png

Back in 2012, I always wanted Elizabeth Swann's hair in this colour for Gandalf,

but it wasn't available back then. At least it is now. My next step is to combine another of the same hairpiece with the wizard hat.

Edited by General Magma

77fc697d59c852162362323a881ce534.png

That's the best hair I've seen for that purpose. It's a shame it requires a little modification, because that's the one.

It's amazing how much better the Lego Gandalf minifigure looks with a simple hair swap. I really wish Lego would have created the Thorin/Fili/Kili hair sooner and used it on Gandalf, as well as Lurtz. the hair they ended up using doesn't look that great on them and looks kind of lame.

Wow, it's really nice seeing all those different hair pieces for Gandalf :classic:

It's a pity that the one from the CMF minifigure doesn't fit without a modification. The one from Thorin looks nice, too - hopefully TLG creates that piece in grey in the future.

Those look decent, but still not quite as "right" as general magma's. The big reason why his version works so well is the loose wavy hair over the front of the shoulders - that's how Gandalf's hair is in the movies.